Switching from natural gut to hybrids - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:18 AM   #16
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switching from natural gut to hybrids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
In my opinion:

Nat Gut>RPM Blast.

RPM Blast is amazing when it still has its tension. But it dies VERY fast for me. So that's too expensive to keep up.

Luxilon 4G>Nat Gut.

I think I explained above why. But you should note I string the 4G at 47 lbs.
Natural gut is definitely better than RPM blast. At least, I like it better.

If I want to keep the natural gut feel, where is it better to string natural gut in mains or crosses?

I didn't realise but you dropped 10 pounds to go from natural gut to something even as good as Luxilon?

I dropped by like 2-3 pounds. Maybe that's why and I really needed to drop a lot more. Ugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #17
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switching from natural gut to hybrids

Um, so I got my other racquet strung with Babolat Natural Gut (what I had before) in mains and Luxilon 125mm Gold in crosses with my usual tension and I've had a couple of hits with it. I LOVE IT! This was what I was looking for when I decided to leave the full natural gut bed and I think I've found it. I'm going to stick with it. I feel like I have all the feel from natural gut but I can control the ball a lot more. I can't believe I didn't do this at first and decided to go RPM/synthetic gut AND didn't drop the tension. What was I thinking?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.