Anett Kontaveit - Page 165 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 07:33 AM   #2461
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
First time this week Anett is not a pre match favorite in bookies.
I wonder why I don't think Bacsinszky's recent results have been particularly extraordinary
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #2462
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) d. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 76(5) 61

After a poor start 1*-3, Anett won 4 games in a row to make it 5-3*. But she couldn't hold her lead and soon it was 5-5. Then she had 2 sps at 6-5* but again it wasn't enough to win a set. Got the first game of the 2nd set but that was all.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #2463
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

A shame she lost, especially the 1st Set given the opportunities. It seems I always jinx her when I follow bet365 because both last time against Bai and this time against Iimea, when Anett was in a winning position I thought it was ludicrous how favourable her odds were especially at 5-3 15-0. Both times she ended up losing, probing the site wrong

Anyway, Timea is a good player and she seems to be doing well and this was still a great week for Anett She probably would have picked up another 25K if she won against Timea but this has still been good
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #2464
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Disappointing that she wasted these setpoints. Was probably mentally exhausted in the second set after losing the TB. Still a good learning curve for her I hope. That was a strong tournament, not that much weaker than Pattaya qualies for example. Top 200 still has to wait, she is only about 20 points short at the moment, but soon Burnie points will drop off. Btw she may get a chance to play Timea again in Tallinn.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #2465
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Disappointing that she wasted these setpoints. Was probably mentally exhausted in the second set after losing the TB. Still a good learning curve for her I hope. That was a strong tournament, not that much weaker than Pattaya qualies for example. Top 200 still has to wait, she is only about 20 points short at the moment, but soon Burnie points will drop off. Btw she may get a chance to play Timea again in Tallinn.
Agree 100% with this And Timea went on to win the tournament against Ysaline 6-1 6-1 Anett clearly would have won the Final

This tournament was not as strong as previous years but was still very strong so hopefully she realises this It's nice to see her have a relatively consistent start to the year and it's nice to see that her 2 losses have been to Bacsinszky and Ishizu who have both shown Top 100 potential

Looking at the list it will actually be quite hard for Anett to win Tallinn 15K as from her previous results it does not seem like she plays that well at home although she obviously likes to play at home I hope she does though because then she will get 25 points (-6 from new ranking breakdown from Burnie SF to Andrezieux Final) That should edge her into the Top 200 IMO as people who have a lot to defend in the 1st half of the year will naturally shift down the rankings and luckily Anett is not that
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #2466
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
.... and Ishizu who have both shown Top 100 potential ...
Ishizu has just been bagelled by Savchuk
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #2467
country flag chingching

Quote:
Ishizu has just been bagelled by Savchuk
She also lost to her at AO BTW And Savchuk did beat Pucky
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #2468
country flag chingching

Milo is so cute And he has grown so quickly I still remember when he was that really cute puppy, even cuter than now
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #2469
country flag muusa

Is Anett 4th seed for Tallinn? Timea will pass her in next week's rankings, but she herself will pass Vrljic and Ozgen.
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 04:52 AM   #2470
country flag chingching

Quote:
Is Anett 4th seed for Tallinn? Timea will pass her in next week's rankings, but she herself will pass Vrljic and Ozgen.
That seems right Being a Top 4 Seed is a massive advantage as aside from Peterson the seeds below her should not really trouble her She really can win this tournament presuming she plays better against Timea
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #2471
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anett fans! I found her thread! (I has some problems navigate around the Forums)

But GL at Fed Cup, but don't Draw the danes!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #2472
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Really shame Anett lost those opportunities but valuable experience. Timea is much more experienced than her, she used to be regular WTA player. Good luck in Tallinn, I feel she can win it in front of home crowd!
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 05:25 AM   #2473
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Hi Anett fans! I found her thread! (I has some problems navigate around the Forums)

But GL at Fed Cup, but don't Draw the danes!

Anett has entered Nottingham (and at the moment also Moscow and New Delhi )
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 06:35 AM   #2474
country flag chingching

I think her academic prospects will fall away if she continues to enter tournaments like New Delhi

Still, probably trying to get AO/US Open MD so playing 25s and 50s in the sub-continent will get her there
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 10:51 AM   #2475
country flag muusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I think her academic prospects will fall away if she continues to enter tournaments like New Delhi

Still, probably trying to get AO/US Open MD so playing 25s and 50s in the sub-continent will get her there
What do you think she should play in March btw? I looked at the calendar and there is almost nothing in Europe or Asia, her ranking is not enough for Miami and IW qualies and also quite likely not enough for MD in Innisbrook and Osprey (looking at last year's cut-offs). So basically she could enter Brazilian/Mexican challengers only