"Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #211
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Say what's on your mind" thread - rant, complain, celebrate or whatever

Seems like Australian Open is our best slam in junior tennis.
Won already by 3 Croats and now Jana in final too.

Hopefully Jana can play like she has nothing to lose, she already upset Shilin here, why not do the same in final.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #212
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

If it depends on serve, we would have 3 top 20 players in AO! And Ajla 4th Nice to see Ana Konjuh with just 16 years already to be in this company!

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #213
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Kichenkok never served this fast, it was some mistake. So Ajla's third
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #214
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

The Croatian women are slumping so badly right now: Donna, Petra, Mirjana (sorta), Ajla (sorta), Tereza, Darija, Adrijana, Silvia. Of course, the only one who isn't--Ana K--is post-op

And whatever happened to Ana S, Karla Popovic, Dijana Banovec, Pandzic, Lisjak (who was supposed to come back), Sprem (who activated her PR), etc.?

And where are Tena, Iva Mekovec, Ema Mikulcic, Iva Primorac?

The only *semi*bright spots are Vrlijc in the pros and Fett in the juniors.

No other country's women have wasted so much talent...

Last edited by networthy : Jan 28th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #215
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

the only years where we weren't number 1 in terms of wasted talent were 1995-1999. since then, it's pretty much been a disaster. so tough to keep watching...

donna is bothering me the most right now. i really wish she would get it together. i'm hoping that getting a lot of matches in in fed cup will help her right the ship
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #216
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
The Croatian women are slumping so badly right now: Donna, Petra, Mirjana (sorta), Ajla (sorta), Tereza, Darija, Adrijana, Silvia. Of course, the only one who isn't--Ana K--is post-op

And whatever happened to Ana S, Karla Popovic, Dijana Banovec, Pandzic, Lisjak (who was supposed to come back), Sprem (who activated her PR), etc.?

And where are Tena, Iva Mekovec, Ema Mikulcic, Iva Primorac?

The only *semi*bright spots are Vrlijc in the pros and Fett in the juniors.

No other country's women have wasted so much talent...
I agree with you in very big part.

Still, I think our really "wasted" talents are just Sprem and Lucic. That were "real" prospects. I mean, Lukas, Mekovec, Mikulcic, Primorac...all those girls can't be called "wasted" talent. I mean, that are nice girls that tried in tennis but unfortunately it haven't worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
the only years where we weren't number 1 in terms of wasted talent were 1995-1999. since then, it's pretty much been a disaster. so tough to keep watching...

donna is bothering me the most right now. i really wish she would get it together. i'm hoping that getting a lot of matches in in fed cup will help her right the ship
To continue on your words...I'm also very bothered with Donna at the moment but when I stay and look a little bit it is not that "black" with her. Hey, she is just 17 (just few months older than Fett for example ). She is still teenager and her body is in developing. + I think now she is "paying" the price of so much willies to get popularity. I think she is not clear with herself. Once she gets together things in her head, and more concentrate on tennis, and when she starts expect much less than herself, I believe she will play well again. When no one expected big things from her, she made it! Now, there is too much pressure on her and I kinda think she is "paying" price for it.

But I'm really veeeeeeery bothered with Petra Martic. I think no more injuries bothering her but she can't find her way in tennis. I think she is now outside the tennis (I just have feel she is getting it very relaxing, etc. Even she said she need someone "tko će je lupiti po glavi" ). She is REAL talent. In my opinion MOST talented out of all mentioned girls! I just wander if she has coach like Rodriguez that she easily would be top 10! I mean (no offence and big respect: look at Halep and her game - I pretty agre with this statement http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=657401). Petra is much bigger talent! I would even compare her with Federer in "talent" terms. Maybe you call me crazy but just to remind you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6OAfXHd9Pc. This video is from 2010. When she was 19. Soon she will be 23...can not be called "young" player any more...Years are passing and she is FAAAAR away of fulfilling her potential...I really wonder will she be in the same category as Lucic and Sprem for few more years...in category of "real" wasted talents!
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 10:17 AM   #217
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post

Still, I think our really "wasted" talents are just Sprem and Lucic. That were "real" prospects. I mean, Lukas, Mekovec, Mikulcic, Primorac...all those girls can't be called "wasted" talent. I mean, that are nice girls that tried in tennis but unfortunately it haven't worked well.

To continue on your words...I'm also very bothered with Donna at the moment but when I stay and look a little bit it is not that "black" with her. Hey, she is just 17 (just few months older than Fett for example ). She is still teenager and her body is in developing. + I think now she is "paying" the price of so much willies to get popularity. I think she is not clear with herself. Once she gets together things in her head, and more concentrate on tennis, and when she starts expect much less than herself, I believe she will play well again. When no one expected big things from her, she made it! Now, there is too much pressure on her and I kinda think she is "paying" price for it.

But I'm really veeeeeeery bothered with Petra Martic. I think no more injuries bothering her but she can't find her way in tennis. I think she is now outside the tennis (I just have feel she is getting it very relaxing, etc. Even she said she need someone "tko će je lupiti po glavi" ). She is REAL talent. In my opinion MOST talented out of all mentioned girls! I just wander if she has coach like Rodriguez that she easily would be top 10! I mean (no offence and big respect: look at Halep and her game - I pretty agre with this statement http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=657401). Petra is much bigger talent! I would even compare her with Federer in "talent" terms. Maybe you call me crazy but just to remind you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6OAfXHd9Pc. This video is from 2010. When she was 19. Soon she will be 23...can not be called "young" player any more...Years are passing and she is FAAAAR away of fulfilling her potential...I really wonder will she be in the same category as Lucic and Sprem for few more years...in category of "real" wasted talents!
Simona is the more talented player of her generation . stop talking bs. her H2h with Bojana Jovanovski is 5-0 or better juniors + pro , with Pavlyuchenkova has 5-0 pro+juniors. Martic is talented but not like others. Simona always had health problems too , with leg , back but the talent always preveils

Last edited by drg : Jan 30th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.
drg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 11:29 AM   #218

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Helena your post just proves that talent is not decisive at all.
It's far more about mentality, will, determination and hard work, that's what realy matters the most.
When both talent and above mentioned things bond then we get really great players.

Those players who wanted it the most and were willing to work hard to achieve it, they end up being the best among their peers or at least among the best ones.
Petra was never that serious about her career, it's not really hard to understand why she never achieved her potential.
When you compare what Simona Halep was willing to do just to become great player....she deserves it.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #219
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Helena your post just proves that talent is not decisive at all.
It's far more about mentality, will, determination and hard work, that's what realy matters the most.
When both talent and above mentioned things bond then we get really great players.

Those players who wanted it the most and were willing to work hard to achieve it, they end up being the best among their peers or at least among the best ones.
Petra was never that serious about her career, it's not really hard to understand why she never achieved her potential.
When you compare what Simona Halep was willing to do just to become great player....she deserves it.
Yes, that is point of my post too. It is not about talent, it is 99% about work! And speaking of Simona, she really deserves, don't doubt. She is great, top 10 player after all. But it is my opinion that she is not that talented (but yet again, is great player who deserved to be where she is now. )
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #220
country flag drg

drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future drg has a brilliant future

Quote:

you bed reped me with nasty comment . this is what you said . you are just stupid it seems .

""I do not doubt who is better player, obviously Simona is. I have right on my own opinion and yes, she is more talented by her but by work and game, Simona is better. Huh, what disgusting fans Halep has..."

Petra was never more talented than Simona . Simona won fed cup u14 , won lot of juniors tournaments , girls RG and juniors n1 . Stop being delusional to not have delusions .

Last edited by drg : Jan 30th, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:49 PM   #221
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
you bed reped me with nasty comment . this is what you said . you are just stupid it seems .

""I do not doubt who is better player, obviously Simona is. I have right on my own opinion and yes, she is more talented by her but by work and game, Simona is better. Huh, what disgusting fans Halep has..."

double personality ? Petra was never more talented than Simona . Simona won fed cup u14 , won lot of juniors tournaments , girls RG and juniors n1 . Stop being delusional to not have delusions .
You are the first one who bad rep...what do you expect??

bigger talent then Simona ? ) Was not Simona n1 and RG junior champion with Martic (who btw had physical advantage ) Simona is much talented (and she had clay advantage,where she is really good).Stop overrate those big talentless croats.

Yes, I stay beyond every my word. You obviously need to resolve difference between talent and better game. Simona is much harder worker and has better game and is better player generally but just speaking on talent - without doubtful Petra Martic is more talented. Look that video I posted on Martic and look how she plays (all round) and look how Simona plays (one dimensional)! I give credit to Simona and her results. She didn't win all those tournaments and was junior number 1 because she is more talented but because she was working hard and is better player on the court! Talent doesn't necessary mean: better player. This is obviously not clear to you!

Anyway, you are coming here and giving me bad rep because I said what I think! What is problem? You can't stand someone has different opinion than you?? Than my reaction you are calling "nasty" and calling me stupid (because I obviously know difference BETWEEN talent VS. better game and you obviously don't...I didn't say anything else but that you do not know this difference, just statment). What is your problem after all? I don't care on Simona Halep and I do not care on you. You are coming into Croatian sub forum to praise Simona?? What's wrong with you, I just took this example as comparation. Simona really doesn't deserve those fans...I'm right disgusted in Simona because her fans although she is not guilty for everything...she will has less and less supporters because of this I'm afraid.

And I will report you for insulting me and calling me stupid. Unless I get apologize. I already did print screen of your first version of post if try to edit it (that is what "stupid" person would do).
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #222
country flag drg

Quote:
You are the first one who bad rep...what do you expect??

bigger talent then Simona ? ) Was not Simona n1 and RG junior champion with Martic (who btw had physical advantage ) Simona is much talented (and she had clay advantage,where she is really good).Stop overrate those big talentless croats.

Yes, I stay beyond every my word. You obviously need to resolve difference between talent and better game. Simona is much harder worker and has better game and is better player generally but just speaking on talent - without doubtful Petra Martic is more talented. Look that video I posted on Martic and look how she plays (all round) and look how Simona plays (one dimensional)! I give credit to Simona and her results. She didn't win all those tournaments and was junior number 1 because she is more talented but because she was working hard and is better player on the court! Talent doesn't necessary mean: better player. This is obviously not clear to you!

Anyway, you are coming here and giving me bad rep because I said what I think! What is problem? You can't stand someone has different opinion than you?? Than my reaction you are calling "nasty" and calling me stupid (because I obviously know difference BETWEEN talent VS. better game and you obviously don't...I didn't say anything else but that you do not know this difference, just statment). What is your problem after all? I don't care on Simona Halep and I do not care on you. You are coming into Croatian sub forum to praise Simona?? What's wrong with you, I just took this example as comparation. Simona really doesn't deserve those fans...I'm right disgusted in Simona because her fans although she is not guilty for everything...she will has less and less supporters because of this I'm afraid.

And I will report you for insulting me and calling me stupid. Unless I get apologize. I already did print screen of your first version of post if try to edit it (that is what "stupid" person would do).
i good reped you . and than i said the truth...

you called me disgusting fan first. i edited only double personality comment , beacuse i didn't read carefully your bed rep.

le:you still continue being ignorant , this is why i get mad after your first post regarding Simona talent , is clear you don't know her but speak about her...

Last edited by drg : Jan 30th, 2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #223
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Like this??? You really speaking the truth it seems!

Just curiosity: my second bad rep in 5 and half years I'm on the board. (first was by one BIG Vaidisiova fan few years ago when first time I didn't vote for her in PYW ) Want to be said: speaks more on you than on me.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #224

What's more pathetic then coming into other player's subforums to troll about your own fav?
Maybe only worse pretending to be a fan.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #225
country flag Hele.

Quote:

you called me disgusting fan first. i edited only double personality comment , beacuse i didn't read carefully your bed rep.

le:you still continue being ignorant , this is why i get mad after you first post regarding Simona talent , is clear you don't know her but speak about her...
Yes, I call you like this. I have reason I did it. It is because you gave me bad rep because I told my own opinion. Have you read my post carefully? Have you noticed in my words NO OFFENCE and BIG RESPECT to Simona Halep??? That is all I wrote in my first post. But than YOU gave FIRST to me BAD REP (as I proved)... So, who started first this everything?? What should I think on Simona's fans when you (as Simona's fan) is giving me bad rep because I'm saying my OWN opinion that is not SAME as yours! Anyway, I still didn't get apologize.