» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #1411
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread »

He has actually played everywhere

He is like our every man
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #1412
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #1413
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #1414
Tezuka.

Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #1415
Tezuka.

Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #1416
Tezuka.

This club truely made me fall inlove with football again. The passion they have is just unbelievable. They are like a family.
Real love.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1417
Tezuka.

Can't get tired of watching this.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #1418
Tezuka.

We can make another epic run.
Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1419
Tezuka.

Haas working hard.

Forever Chakvetadze
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1420
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Daniel Brands is the real German number 1
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #1421
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Merry Christmas to Mona and her fans!
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1422
country flag nazzac

Happy Christmas

My GF says she has got me something really nice for christmas, so i can't wait to find out what
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 12:44 AM   #1423
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Happy new year!

Thanks god 2013 is over for Mona. I hope the magic of Hobart gets her back on track.
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 12:14 PM   #1424
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

I get the feeling Mona would benefit from talking to Li Na and Carlos about this aspect of tennis.

Tennis is such a mentally difficult game, it can be such an advantage if you discover your own internal reasons for putting yourself through physical and emotional stress. On the other hand, such a disadvantage- especially in hard matches- if you are oncourt and cannot remember why you are doing something so tough.

Quote:
Li confirmed in a revealing pre-tournament interview with Fairfax Media that she had told Rodriguez and her husband Jiang Shan last June that she did not want to continue in the sport that delivered a grand slam title at the 2011 French Open, earned her an estimated $18.2 million in 2013, and has guaranteed her megastardom in a land of 1.36 billion.

Rodriguez knows Li expected him to try to talk her out of it. Instead: ''I say, 'If you really like to stop, no problem, go home', and she was really shocked, say 'Why you tell me that?'. 'Because you ask me, and I tell you what I think. If you really want to just stop, stop it, because you play because you love, if you don't love, you don't have the passion any more, go home. You have money and everything to go to the beach, stay with the orange juice, sunny day, until the end of your days. You don't have to be here'.

''[There were] a lot of talks, private talks - it's something that I cannot explain here because it's not about tennis, but many players sometimes play tennis, they don't know why; the reason why they passionate, they love, they work so hard, why they do it. And then when you [work] through that, maybe that makes sense what you do on court, and that is something that she discovered now.''

For Li, the latest vindication, and reward, is a place in her third Melbourne Park title bout in four years, as a heavy favourite for the first time, against Slovakian 20th seed Dominika Cibulkova. In 2011, versus Kim Clijsters, and 2013, in an accident-prone decider against Victoria Azarenka, Li won the first set but lost the match. Rodriguez believes she is a more stable player 12 months on, one who can still start brilliantly, but prevent herself from falling away so deeply.

''It's not a matter of physical skills,'' says Rodriguez, the career-long mentor of retired Belgian great Justine Henin, who has worked with Li since mid-2012. ''She's better physically, yes, she play a little bit more with spin - I can say 'safer', but she cannot play safe, is [not] her game - but at least she has the capacity today to keep the ball in when she's not in the good position to hit [winners] … Adaptability much better, and emotional endurance, to support the stress.''
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/c...#ixzz2rh6UeayT
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:43 PM   #1425
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I get the feeling Mona would benefit from talking to Li Na and Carlos about this aspect of tennis.
Yes, that would definitely help her. But unfortunately i think that she is not ready to listen yet. She probably needs some additional bad losses. If you read her comments on Facebook you don't really get the impression that she gets that much frustrated after a lost match.

Rodriguez seems to be a phantastic coach. The way he improved the game of 31-year-old Li is remarkable. He tought her to use her topspin forehand more often and he also improved her backhand during the offseason by adjusting her grip a bit. And now you can see how well it worked out. He added a few technical and tactical aspects to Li's game and now she became the well-deserved Australian Open champion.

I mean, Li always was and still is an extremely talented ballbasher and Rodriguez exactly knows that he should never change her game completely, but he simply knows where to add a few things here and there.

I remember very well the final of Cincinnati in 2012 against Kerber. Li lost the first set 1-6 and was a break behind in the second set. Then Rodriguez told her during an oncourt coaching to play with more topspin, especially to Kerber's backhand. Li followed his advice and thereafter she only lost one game and won convincingly in three sets.

Maybe one day Mona gets the opportunity to practise with Li and Rodriguez and hopefully that will help her to see the benefits that a good coach can deliver.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Jan 28th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote