*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 339 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #5071
Queen V.

Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
A couple of days after reflecting, and perhaps it was needed. QF in a slam is not really bad but losing two sets like that to Radwanska is really a bad sign.

I think many of us sort of seen it coming, i actually think her quality dropped a bit already at the start of 2013, but when she won AO and then Doha over Williams i guessed i imagined it.

I just want her back at that level when she beat top 20 opponents 6-2 6-1, moved well around the court. And trashing Radwanska and Sharapova hardly losing games. Last time i seen that level was Beijing 2012. She also won over Li Na every time they played (5 in a row). And it would be no three setters vs Ivanovic or Cornet. Also think she was quicker between points back then, kind of just moving with tempo between points not wanting to stop.

Yes i know she had bad matches back then as well, but not at all that common.

Well, i will keep hoping all the best for her, and if this turns out to be just a temporarily bump, im happy to be wrong. Otherwise im afraid we will at best see her at a great level again in time for the clay season. (Where she has a disadvantage to start with).

I will bump this post when she wins Wimbledon. Vika low time and then a win in the (arguably) biggest tournament. This year or later.
This post

I thought GOATKa was here until she retired. I believe she can get there again (Fix fitness first, then serve, fuck off foo) and she is arguably unarguably second best after Serena. And after playing such great tennis, i can see her beating Serena regurly and winning slams (Including RG).

Also, i think IGoat mentioned her hiring a new coach. Altho Sam has done wonders, i just cant help but think someone like Rodriguez, Hogstedt or a former player like Hingis, Mauresmo, Navratilova or some man. And Piotr Wozniacki is always free (Vika, All i need you to do is push the ball back in the court )

Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Ivanovic Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen V. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #5072
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Sumyk isn't going to go, and I don't think he should go either. You can't just change the coach at the first sign of problems in years.

It's not like they aren't aware of her problems. Someone in her team, or maybe her herself initiated getting a new fitness team in the off season.

I have faith in Sumyk. Having seen interviews with him, he strikes me as a good coach.
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #5073
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Sumyk isn't going to go, and I don't think he should go either. You can't just change the coach at the first sign of problems in years.

It's not like they aren't aware of her problems. Someone in her team, or maybe her herself initiated getting a new fitness team in the off season.

I have faith in Sumyk. Having seen interviews with him, he strikes me as a good coach.
First she has to get back into physical shape (at least 2012) before we can really judge whether her game has regressed. The inability to improve her serve and also her clay game (still no sliding ability) is a bit disappointing.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #5074
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I think vika first needs to play more matches to get back to match toughness. Even if the result is not good which I am not placing hopes in doha. She needs to get her reflexes and feel back on the court.

Second , she needs to work harder for improvement. Her serve. Her groundstrokes, since 2013 she is losing longer rallies to others which was never the case earlier.

Example LI NA has improved so much of her physical conditions on past 1.5 years with Carlos coming along. I remember reading her first off season was so tough that she called her husband and said she wanted to quit after 3 days. Now she has changed her serve motion, she added topspin to stabilize her forehand. And she can run and defend well against anyone.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 06:03 PM   #5075
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I also agree that Sam isn't the problem here. I was probably one of the most vocal criticizers of him during early 2011 when Vika played like crap and I threw Sam under the bus. At the end of the day, the form Vika is in right now is a combination of injuries and poor fitness, the two of which go hand in hand as once costs her match toughness and the other costs her effectiveness on the court. While it shows incredible mental toughness to win when you're out of shape, out of practice, Vika's game and its mechanics aren't designed for always winning ugly. She doesn't have a huge weapon to bail her out of crappy games (a la Serena's serve). Vika dominates players and beats Serena by virtue of being able to control the court with speed and aggressiveness. Without either, she's subpar.

Anyways, although I'm not an optimist, I would like to hope this loss is enough to beat some sense into Vika. She's way to competitive to not try. She needs a good spring (a title would be lovely), a solid clay court swing (points defense is all I would expect), a solid Wimbledon (semifinals), and she needs to hands down dominate the living shit out of the US Open Series. There is no reason, other than Peak Serena, for her not to let alone win the US Open.

Oh, and I'll say this in here so I don't incur the wrath of RandomChineseScrub-GOAT: Na only won the title because the draw collapsed.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #5076
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

True about Li's draw but so was vika's. It's fair to say vika didn't capitalize it. And when you would get a rematch of final. We wouldn't know which way it springs.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #5077
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
I also agree that Sam isn't the problem here. I was probably one of the most vocal criticizers of him during early 2011 when Vika played like crap and I threw Sam under the bus.
Just out of curiosity how badly did Vika play in early 2011 and what was done to fix it?
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #5078
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoblush View Post
Just out of curiosity how badly did Vika play in early 2011 and what was done to fix it?
She lost early in Doha and Dubai and threatened to retire. She was unmotivated. What fixed it is generally believed to be her one-on-one with Grandmarenka. She told Vika that she should enjoy the job she has, that it's not as hard or difficult as a real job and that her life is much better than what she [Grandmarenka] had. In essence, that Vika should stop worrying about the big picture and focus on the little picture and enjoy the time she has as a professional athlete because it will be short lived.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:04 PM   #5079
country flag cocoblush

cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all cocoblush is a name known to all

^ Thanks for the explanation..obviously the talk with her Granny worked because she had a good end to 2011 and a stellar 2012, Hopefully this setback will inspire her to improve and have a better 2014, one can hope!.
cocoblush is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #5080
Queen V.

Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute Queen V. has a reputation beyond repute

I will pay for flights for her to go back to Belarus (Even though she can probably) and talk to Grandmarenka because she is breaking my heart.

Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Ivanovic Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07
Queen V. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 05:25 AM   #5081
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
I think vika first needs to play more matches to get back to match toughness. Even if the result is not good which I am not placing hopes in doha. She needs to get her reflexes and feel back on the court.

Second , she needs to work harder for improvement. Her serve. Her groundstrokes, since 2013 she is losing longer rallies to others which was never the case earlier.

Example LI NA has improved so much of her physical conditions on past 1.5 years with Carlos coming along. I remember reading her first off season was so tough that she called her husband and said she wanted to quit after 3 days. Now she has changed her serve motion, she added topspin to stabilize her forehand. And she can run and defend well against anyone.
I agree with all of this! Haha I wish she'd read some of these posts . One more thing though is that clearly her motivation isn't at it's highest right now, because she's played significantly better against Reehanna than against anyone else, which shows that she's capable of it when she wants it. She was huge in the Cincinnati final, not great at the US Open but fought harder than almost anyone ever, then beat her in Hua Hin, and was a bit messy in Brisbane but also played extremely well at times. After the Brisbane final I felt quite confident (she really could've and even should've won that match, and Reehanna wasn't playing poorly) but then her level dropped a lot at the AO. Also, I think she has a lot of dejection from the US Open final, because that obviously affected her last fall, but also the Lady Aga match was very similar in that she fought really hard to win the second but then completely lost that when she failed to take the lead in the third set, just like at the US Open.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:09 AM   #5082
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I don't think her level dropped at the AO, in fact rounds 3 and 4 were as well as she'd played in a non-Serena match for a long time. From non-Serena matches probably only the Pennetta semifinal was at a similar level. Coming into the year I was worried that she'd continue with the attitude and performance from Beijing and Istanbul but things were really starting to build and come together in Melbourne. So she had a bad match against Agnieszka ... Li Na with her extraordinary improvements in serve, forehand, movement etc etc played a bad match against Safarova.

I hope Vika doesn't chuck the good stuff away and spend the next weeks in LA being "mentally tired". I'm not that happy to see her at all this Grammy bollocks but she may also be practising during the day. There were significant improvements from late last year to now and you don't return to GOAT level straight away, these things have setbacks, I think if she keeps working and continues her overall improvement she'll get back to a very good consistent level.
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:19 AM   #5083
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious, does her whole team have to chase Redfoo around the world with her? She obviously is training in these places, so I'm assuming she has them too, but it seems quite odd? I believe she said that she didn't play much tennis in the off season, but did a lot of fitness. Can't really say that showed so far but I'm putting my faith in her that her new fitness people will get her in very good shape, the sooner the better . But I still think the groundstrokes, and especially return of serve, lacked the sting they once had. Sure against Cheeseburger and Scone she handled business with minimal drama, but those players aren't great assessments of the state of her game. IDK somehow I just had the feeling something would go wrong the whole tournament so maybe I looked upon her play more pessimistically than I should've in those two matches. Well, two more weeks until Doha .
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #5084
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I am hating her at Grammies Y the fuck she needs to go to all these crap with RainbowP instead she culd've been practicing!!! I think she'll soon marry and quit tennis like the DaneWall There was absolutely zero motivation against Aga. When she wanted she killed Aga with those returns left and right. Do you guys think her level is poor? I dont think so. I think she is so lulled by RF's love and care. He's 38 and he might want to marry soon! Thats my guess. We'll soon hear her retirement announcement

But I wish I am completely wrong about her motivation level. If she plays her best she can beat anyone. She should realize that and atleast win a couple more GSlams before she ties the knot!!

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #5085
country flag iGOAT

Also, I stand by my theory about her using less social media lately. The only one I pay attention to is Instagram but she hasn't posted in a week .
Closed Thread