[NFL]Richard Sherman's rant - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #76
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [NFL]Richard Sherman's rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
My last post to you on this topic but you really need to check yourself with some of your condescending judgmental statements. You don't have to like what he said, that's your right and there's nothing wrong with having those feelings because everyone's different. That's not my point but some of you are acting like he pulled out his penis and pissed on the field or something. Now that's some classless shit. That's something that might embarrass his alma mater. What Jerry Sandusky did embarrasses his alma mater
Forgot to mention on this.

Your definition of classness is very narrow.
Sandusky, that's not classless it's downright criminal, abusing his power.
I mentioned Ferrer. Of course he is vastly more classless than Sherman He's even a repeat offender, right? One more time and I think he should be banned from the slams

And Stanford would be glad to invite him? Just because he's successful and rich? Maybe before, but not after this incident. Stanford graduate is an elite. We naturally expect more, nothing wrong about this, such as noblesse oblige.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 05:21 PM   #77
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
"It resulted in reinforcing racial stereotypes, for many people"

Those "many people" are gonna be that way regardless, so I have no idea why everyone tries to walk on eggshells for those people...and defend their actions so vehemently.

Obviously the people that make the big decisions don't listen to those small-minded people anymore
Eh? Who did this. I do think people making blatant racial slurs are an minority. Remember USA was a place that black lynching was a sport way into the 20th century. It'll take time to reach the relative sanity of Europe.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #78
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Eh? Who did this. I do think people making blatant racial slurs are an minority. Remember USA was a place that black lynching was a sport way into the 20th century. It'll take time to reach the relative sanity of Europe.
Nearly everyone, dude. Whether it's on this board or anyplace on the net, or whether it's any discussion outside the net...from the same people who are supposed to be so racially progressive, at that

It's almost like they fear that "minority" as you put it, and fear the consequences of their wrath.

Surely if they were a minority that wouldn't be the case right? Or else that mindset would've been stamped out years ago just for the fact of how it makes the entire group look.

Also, I don't think the mindset in Europe is much different except that maybe the physical violence has been less.

After all that IS where the whole mindset came from in the first place. And judging from this board Germany and Russia
JLG is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #79
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nearly everyone, dude. Whether it's on this board or anyplace on the net, or whether it's any discussion outside the net...from the same people who are supposed to be so racially progressive, at that

It's almost like they fear that "minority" as you put it, and fear the consequences of their wrath.

Surely if they were a minority that wouldn't be the case right? Or else that mindset would've been stamped out years ago just for the fact of how it makes the entire group look.

Also, I don't think the mindset in Europe is much different except that maybe the physical violence has been less.

After all that IS where the whole mindset came from in the first place. And judging from this board Germany and Russia

Food for thought

Quote from Chris Rock, during his comedy routine attended by both Blacks & Whites
Quote:
None of ya would change places with me! And I'm rich! That's how good it is to be white!

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 26th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 07:30 PM   #80
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're seeing the repercussion here. Even though I think it's an individual matter, many, racists included, are interpretating it as a racial matter-such as blacks are always that emotional and crude and tend to assert themselves too aggressively, etc.
If you think it is an individual matter, why are you saying he should he should have considered his race before talking?
Why are you promoting double standards for different races?
You wouldn't say a white person should consider their race before going on a rant, but a black person should consider racists and apologists like yourself?

Quote:
Expressing himself, fine, I don't have a problem with it per se. But there can be unintended consequences like this one. It resulted in reinforcing racial stereotypes, for many people. Didn't do any favor..
We can blame USA's racist tendency all we want. But he also should have thought about it first.
Poor racist white people. Richard Sherman stoking the flames of their racism by expressing himself.
Things would be better if black people were quiet, servile, step-and-fetchits right?

Get the fuck outta here dude. No one is buying your double speak.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #81
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by semprelibera View Post
If you think it is an individual matter, why are you saying he should he should have considered his race before talking?
You wouldn't say a white person should consider their race before going on a rant, but a black person should consider racists and apologists like yourself?

Poor racist white people. Richard Sherman stoking the flames of their racism by expressing himself.
Things would be better if black people were quiet, servile, step-and-fetchits right?

Your reading comprehension seems to be really low. Because it escalated to racial slurs, that's why I thought he should have thought more before ranting. It's not what I think, what many other peoples think!!

Although I admitted he was treated unfairly, such as all minorities are, including women.

And I'm Asian And if you think I'm also a racist, you're SO wrong

When did I say blacks should be servile?

'Get the fuck outta here?' Are you black? If you are, your harsh talking is just reinforcing the stereotype of black angry men perfectly shown by Spike Lee's seminal movie. If you're proud of that, fine

Your remark should also be put on my signature alongside JN's, too bad the space is limited. Both him and you have serious reading disability too

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #82
country flag JLG

JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future JLG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Food for thought

Quote from Chris Rock, during his comedy routine attended by both Blacks & Whites

Only because they "fear the consequences of their wrath"

Otherwise nothing could be further from the truth.

Maybe if they understood that black people don't fear racism or racists and haven't for some time now, they would have the strength to do the same.

And maybe the idiots wouldn't think they shock us with that derogatory mess...it's just annoying and tiresome.
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #83
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

The plantation owners really should've thought before mass importing those Africans as slaves ..economic profit for a short while, but what a headache it has become. Not only that brutal middle passage described by the movie 'Amistad' (horrible percentage died mid-passage), so many unsolved problems now. And non Europeans especially blacks even have stronger gene trait so combined with birth rate, the European dominance is chipped away bit by bit

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #84
country flag JLG

Quote:
The plantation owners really should've thought before mass importing those Africans as slaves ..economic profit for a short while, but what a headache it has become. Not only that brutal middle passage described by the movie 'Amistad' (horrible percentage died mid-passage), so many unsolved problems now. And non Europeans especially blacks even have stronger gene trait so combined with birth rate, the European dominance is chipped away bit by bit
You sound like Abraham Lincoln
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #85
country flag JLG

Quote:
But seriously....they make 10 times as much from us now than those days, and adjust it for inflation and it's crazy. The institutions just have changed.

The athletic and entertainment field being the two less hazardous And they've turned the entertainment field against us, but their pockets have taken a hit cause they never think things through.

Racism is just illogical
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #86
country flag JLG

Even as subtle as watching our music on youtube...a damn ad before everything...and we don't get shit.
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:12 PM   #87
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

THIS
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #88
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
But seriously....they make 10 times as much from us now than those days, and adjust it for inflation and it's crazy. The institutions just have changed.

The athletic and entertainment field being the two less hazardous And they've turned the entertainment field against us, but their pockets have taken a hit cause they never think things through.

Racism is just illogical
You're probably right. Anyhow, U.S. blacks can tell whites, 'we made you' It's true, in a way..the backbreaking labor at plantations..BECAUSE it was labor-intensive, those sugar and cotton mills..the 'original sin' of the whites, imperialism, colonialism, etc..

Blacks ARE truly gifted in singing and obviously, in athletic department(white man can't jump Hell, still white man can jump higher than Asians So Asian basketball can't really compete against Americans and Europeans..)
My cousin even said no one can sing like the blacks, mentioning their unique rhythm and such.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 26th, 2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #89
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
You're not making sense. I made this thread. Why should I go outta here

Today morning a huge black guy came into Starbucks and 'demanded' money. Here in U.S.A even beggars are more aggressive It's like the Roman plebs demanding bread and if they're not fed, raging a riot This guy really looked healthy! So I pleasantly declined, otherwise I could have been assaulted; wise decision, because in a split second that guy asked a black lady money, and maybe she replied incautiously, but he confronted the lady and was threatening; naturally he was escorted out.

Now to think of it, your reaction curiously reminds me of him...black rage!

Blacks are really so emotional..I actually prefer it, because whites tend to be rather cold. Naturally I hobnob with black tennis fan and black tennis player's parents and such, practically tete-a-tete! One parent even gave me a college jersey because I praised his daughter on my blog(I'm probably one of the first casual fans to notice Taylor Townsend's talent, too).

But it does have a downside sometimes

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #90
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Racism is just illogical
Well, it may be illogical but may be natural. Difference sometines breeds animosity. Not that it's RIGHT, of course.

So between races, it might be impossible to completely erase that latent racist thought. Maybe the best we can do, is to try to suppress it, in a civilized way.

But you all know this

- Woodrow Wilson
Closed Thread