Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM   #151
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

Yayy, less pushing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Forgot to mention that Maria Sharapova's shoulder is feeling much better.
Surprised he didnt mention how her poop looked last night. This guy is tedious.
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:05 PM   #152
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck Cronin

We had so many nice exchanges in the past, then once I spanked him over his assertion that Ana would have deep runs at Slams, he blocked me like the bitch he is. The bastard
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM   #153
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind Cronin, generally, but I cannot believe he thinks Sloane should've won most improved over Halep, ridiculous
Old Nov 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM   #154
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:35 AM   #155
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

So happy Maria finally announced her new coach. I really hope this partnership will work out, I'm optimistic
And I just can't wait to see Maria play again, for me it seems like she hasn't played for ages...
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:54 AM   #156
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga View Post
So happy Maria finally announced her new coach. I really hope this partnership will work out, I'm optimistic
And I just can't wait to see Maria play again, for me it seems like she hasn't played for ages...
You take out the Stephens match, and she hasn't played since Wimbledon...

Or, she hasn't won a match since the first round of Wimbledon. The 23rd June. Exactly 5 months ago...

Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 01:07 PM   #157
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

i hope that partnership will last on longer road. sven is great coach, and if maria will be healthy i expect some great results

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM   #158
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
You take out the Stephens match, and she hasn't played since Wimbledon...

Or, she hasn't won a match since the first round of Wimbledon. The 23rd June. Exactly 5 months ago...

I'm sure she already had shoulder issues way before 2013 Wimbledon. There is no other explanations why would she lose a match to Michelle Lacher de Brito.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 07:41 PM   #159
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Think this is a great move for Maria. Just wish for her to stay healthy, have a successful 2014 and do well.
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #160
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

So weird considering every time I think of Sven Groenefeld I think of ADIDAS...

Anyways, it doesn't seem like a bad move at all. Didn't know Sven had left the Adidas team (what a bitchslap to them in a way, though )

As long as this doesn't pull a Connors (which I highly doubt) then I'm good..

Wishing her the very best with this new coach. May a great 2014 hopefully be upcoming.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #161
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

The Tennis Space

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

The recent appointment of Sven Groeneveld as the new coach of Maria Sharapova raised a few eyebrows. Sharapova has won all four grand slam titles but has not beaten Serena Williams since 2004. Greg Rusedski, who was coached by Groeneveld during his career, believes the Dutchman will prove to be a good appointment.

“Sven’s a very good coach; I worked with him for four years. He’s worked with many top men and women, with many world No 1s, so he knows how to handle the situation. It’s all about the small details. If you look at Sharapova’s game, what are you going to add to her game, what other dimensions are you going to put onto it? There’s not much. So you’ve got to keep her happy, make sure she trains hard and is ready for her opportunities. I think he’ll add that little half to one percent she needs. In that relationship, the first two, three months are going to be key, because obviously there are huge expectations on her going into the Australian Open.”
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #162
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

What I admire most about Maria is her constant push to get better. No resting on her laurels.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #163
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Groenefeld is certainly a good coach, history proves it.
It is too early to judge his results with Maria but still her mess did not look like a work in progress like first times with Hogstedt, she seemed utterly lost on court plus a very weak and nervous serve that did not help at all.
Time will tell but I am bit worried about

these last couple of years are fundamental for here, Serena is not young anymore and if she doesnt face Maria her chances to be always the first will start decrease...this is the moment to take advantage of this, before she will be the old one, and she is "already" 26
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:46 AM   #164
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
No need to be over worrying. She just hasnt hit her best form yet and it happens when you are not used to the competition for the last few months. If by indian wells its still bad then its worrisome.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #165
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
Groenefeld is certainly a good coach, history proves it.
It is too early to judge his results with Maria but still her mess did not look like a work in progress like first times with Hogstedt, she seemed utterly lost on court plus a very weak and nervous serve that did not help at all.
Time will tell but I am bit worried about

these last couple of years are fundamental for here, Serena is not young anymore and if she doesnt face Maria her chances to be always the first will start decrease...this is the moment to take advantage of this, before she will be the old one, and she is "already" 26
Masha's problems are similar to those after her surgery - Same serve problems - that is problems with her toss and bad timing which resulted in lots of DFs which in it's turn had consequences for her whole game - Remember that it took her more than a year to regain a stable and reliable serve and when she finally had come that far her game also improved to her former pre-injury level if not even better

Now all we have to do is to have patience and hope that she'll find her serve faster this time - Whining about her serve and game and blaming her coach(es) probably is uncalled for - Thinking that her second shoulder injury should pass by unnoticed and without effecting her game isn't very clever either - Masha needs to find her serve in her own time - It's a matter of the toss and the timing - Once she's comfortable with her serve again - her game will improve automatically to it's former glory

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Jan 25th, 2014 at 03:38 PM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote