Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #766
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

I just hope that Maria picks her game up or this is gonna turn out to be another long and slamless year for her I'm afraid . Things are not looking good.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:19 PM   #767
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
The superstitious kinda type of people in this forum probably now conclude that it was the poster of this thread who'd jinxed Masha in this tournament and issue a ban over Charlatan to never post a tournament thread again - What do you think Asanty? -
Sorry, but there is nothing to laugh about for me The uncertainty is killing me. Maria, please raise your bar by clay season, prove us wrong.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #768
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

"What was the question, I was just admiring your form"

"Well I admire yours"

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #769
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

^Should Grigor be worried .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #770
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
loss was expected sooner or later- I'm just glad it wasn't to Vika.

she's so vulnerable and full of doubts. so lost… and confused. i wonder how it will take until she's confident enough to play daring tennis - even in tight moments. i miss that Masha.

Lesson to new Maria Sharapova fans: if she bites her lips, she's done turn off the tv.
This.

Just hoping it doesn't take much longer.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #771
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Sorry, but there is nothing to laugh about for me The uncertainty is killing me. Maria, please raise your bar by clay season, prove us wrong.
Speak for yourself please.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Maria stays healthy her game will come back, and pretty quickly as well.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #772
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Speak for yourself please.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Maria stays healthy her game will come back, and pretty quickly as well.
Thanks. I feel better having read your post
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #773
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
The loss is disappointing, but there are to even more disappointing aspects:
1-The overall quality of Maria's game in the tournament (low, of course)
2-The fact that Vika can perhaps start thinking about how to pose with the trophy

I've become resigned to the likelihood that Azarenka will eventually become the dominant player on tour. No matter how awful she plays in spurts during tournaments, she always finds a way to overcome bad patches and win ugly and improve as things go along. Serena and Maria have been the only lines of defense against her winning a lot more and with Maria currently AWOL, that leaves aging, injury-prone Serena. And I don't know how much longer she can keep her health and high level up. She already beat Serena twice last year, and, remember, if it wasn't for Serena, Vika would be a 2-time US Open champion.

I've been stubborn in the past about my belief that Vika is overrated and not as talented as her results would suggest and she'd be exposed sooner or later. But looking at her now and the current landscape of the WTA, I believe she'll win 2 slams this year and finish at number one. And I think she can easily be a 9 or 10 major winner when she retires. I have no faith in anybody on the tour. Just look at how pathetic Sloane was yesterday. She basically quit after 3 or 4 games.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #774
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
[/b]

I've become resigned to the likelihood that Azarenka will eventually become the dominant player on tour. No matter how awful she plays in spurts during tournaments, she always finds a way to overcome bad patches and win ugly and improve as things go along. Serena and Maria have been the only lines of defense against her winning a lot more and with Maria currently AWOL, that leaves aging, injury-prone Serena. And I don't know how much longer she can keep her health and high level up. She already beat Serena twice last year, and, remember, if it wasn't for Serena, Vika would be a 2-time US Open champion.

I've been stubborn in the past about my belief that Vika is overrated and not as talented as her results would suggest and she'd be exposed sooner or later. But looking at her now and the current landscape of the WTA, I believe she'll win 2 slams this year and finish at number one. And I think she can easily be a 9 or 10 major winner when she retires. I have no faith in anybody on the tour. Just look at how pathetic Sloane was yesterday. She basically quit after 3 or 4 games.
Don't say this!

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM   #775
country flag PinkPottswe

PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light PinkPottswe is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, guys, I’m new here, hope you’ll all welcome here in Siberian Siren. And honestly, reading your posts, I think you guys worry too much, yes, her form here was horrible but she always picks up her game during the clay season, and I believe she’ll do the same. And as long as Serena loses early (which I believe she will) the French Open is Maria’s tournament to lose really. Who has been more dangerous on clay in recent years than Maria? Take Serena out of the picture, and honestly, she can win the French Open again. Of course she’ll have to pick up her game, but we know she will, because that’s who she is. She fights, and she fights, and she fights, and she fights, and if she never wins another match in her career, I’m still be so proud of her because of that. And hey, if it doesn’t happen, she’s still accomplished more than 99% of players could even dream of, we have no reason to be ashamed or disappointed in her, yes, it’s disappointing she won after winning the first set. How often has Maria lost after winning the first set? Very rarely, but something is clearly physically wrong with her, and she’ll sort it out, we know she will, we have to be positive, for her sake. I remember when she won the French Open title in 2012, as soon as she won the match point, I just dropped to the ground and started shedding tears just like her, I felt like I was in a dream, after all the disappointments, I was losing hope but she came back in force and won the slam that most people thought she never could. Maria would have never stopped trying until she won another slam, no matter how many disappointments she faced. I love her more than life itself, and I honestly believe she will come out in full force at the next grand slam.
Sorry my first point had to be such a long essay, but reading all this negativity made me sad, so I thought I could make a good start here by shedding some positive light. Honestly, I believe we have nothing to worry about, we have every reason to believe in her, and if she can think positive, we can to.
PinkPottswe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #776
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Anna Chakvetadze ‏@achakv87
If Sharapova wants to play her best she need to change her coach.

Some coaches can't help you to improve your game.good if they don't destroy it

Although it's still too early, IMO, to consider the partnership with Sven a failure, I have have to admit that the work she's done with him so far has yielded zero improvements or new wrinkles. Every aspect of her game looked awful. These next few months, leading into the clay season, will tell whether he has her in the right direction. If she's still floundering by April, I'm afraid she'll need to consider yet another change.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #777
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Well fuck me. Going to check out for a while, as part of my bid to pretend that tennis doesn't exist - I just can't stand the thought of an Azarenka 3-peat. Immature, I know, but I'm really busy atm anyway.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #778
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

someone posted this on facebook...One day someone is going to hug you so tight that all of your broken pieces will stick back together.

to which I replied.......
I will be available to help maria sharapova if needed...she had a tough time last night in australia.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #779
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[/b]

Quote:
If Sharapova wants to play her best she need to change her coach.

Some coaches can't help you to improve your game.good if they don't destroy it

Although it's still too early, IMO, to consider the partnership with Sven a failure, I have have to admit that the work she's done with him so far has yielded zero improvements or new wrinkles. Every aspect of her game looked awful. These next few months, leading into the clay season, will tell whether he has her in the right direction. If she's still floundering by April, I'm afraid she'll need to consider yet another change.
Can anyone ban this troll for good?
where is that useless Craig when you need him?

and why the hell want anyone talk about how many slams Guest has? Did Maria even make that far to stop her? Did she stop Maria this week? Why do you care? Why? Will it change anything?
You are dense like Pome who thinks Maria served 20kph slower just to put her slovak ass off.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:39 PM   #780
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

one of maria's worst ever results. Should never ever lose to Cibulkova on a hard-court grand slam
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote