Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #751
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

The loss is disappointing, but there are to even more disappointing aspects:
1-The overall quality of Maria's game in the tournament (low, of course)
2-The fact that Vika can perhaps start thinking about how to pose with the trophy
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #752
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobruiz View Post
Q. Could you tell that she was not 100% physically when you were playing?

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA: I don't know. I didn't see during the rallies. She was running, and, I don't know. Of course I knew that she took the medical timeout, but she was trying to change my rhythm a lot of times during the games.

Also during the serve she was playing with the toss and all these things to make me wait for the serve a lot. I think she was trying to do a lot with the rhythm and to not let me go in my rhythm.

Q. Were you bothered by her messing around with her toss?

DOMINIKA CIBULKOVA Let me say maybe a little bit. When the match was coming to the end, I was getting like a little bit angry about that, you know. I was keep talking myself, like, Why she doing that? I thought it was on the purpose.

But it was just maybe few seconds I let my thinking go away. But that what I was also working on during my preseason, you know, to let me stay focused and not to let me thoughts go away.

What a bitch.
What a little *bleep* she is. She's extremely lucky to have played Maria twice coming back from injury now.
If Maria is healthy, she will get destroyed the next time they meet.

Looks like that hip injury did play some part in it. Hope she'll get healthy and ready for Paris.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM   #753
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

I'm still worried about her shoulder. Even though she says that everything is fine, I have some doubts. How fast was her fastest serve in this tournament anyway?
I watched last two matches of her and Maria's serve has barely reached 160km/h speed. Healthy Maria consistantly serves 170+ on first serve and 145+ on second serve...

Tiredness could be a reason. Next months will be important. She defends a lot until Wimbledon...

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #754
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a disappointing result I really hope she does well for the rest of the year.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM   #755
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Well, I knew that she may lose today. It happened. It was inevitable considering her game.
Her poor form is the main reason she played so terrible. Reminded me of Wim 12. She just didn't have enough time to recover between matches. She always was quite good in the first set and completely turned off, rusty and inconsistent in the 2nd.

It is pretty strange for me because her physics got really good last years and she was able to get through many tough matches quite easily... Also the whole week she was so nervous, foggy, passive and lost. No fierce at all.

Also Sven...he didn't do any changes or tweaks in her game as tournament went on. Thomas got rid of all these errors and DFs...now they are here in full force again.... On another hand her shoulder...yes, she keeps to claim that it feels ok, but you just can't serve like that having healthy one...I don't know, maybe I am overacting but this year may get her fall. She just won't be able to defend her points playing like this... Hope her form rises somehow by Miami/Stuttgard and she will win at least one title this year....

I already miss our real brave fighter

And yeah, I think she is going to skip Paris.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:56 AM   #756
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
I'm still worried about her shoulder. Even though she says that everything is fine, I have some doubts. How fast was her fastest serve in this tournament anyway?
I watched last two matches of her and Maria's serve has barely reached 160km/h speed. Healthy Maria consistantly serves 170+ on first serve and 145+ on second serve...

Tiredness could be a reason. Next months will be important. She defends a lot until Wimbledon...
After her 3rd round match I mentioned it but seem like I was only one who care about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
Her grondstroke is inconsistent, sometime It's really good but sometime It's really bad, but I'm ok with her groundstroke
But the most thing I worry is Maria's serve
Average 1st serve speed goes down from 162KMH(1st round),161KMH(2nd Round) to 153KMH in 3rd round
Average 2nd serve speed goes down from 147KMH(1st round),148KMH(2nd Round) to 141KMH in 3rd round
Hopefully She can recovery 100% in next match
In 4th round
Average 1st serve speed: 154kmh
Average 2nd serve speed: 142

But tbh I think her shoulder is ok, It's because of that 2nd round match, She can't recovery 100% after that match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Also Sven...he didn't do any changes or tweaks in her game as tournament went on. Thomas got rid of all these errors and DFs...now they are here in full force again.... On another hand her shoulder...yes, she keeps to claim that it feels ok, but you just can't serve like that having healthy one...I don't know, maybe I am overacting but this year may get her fall. She just won't be able to defend her points playing like this... Hope her form rises somehow by Miami/Stuttgard and she will win at least one title this year....

And yeah, I think she is going to skip Paris.
Don't know why but I don't think Maria's game is affected much by coach, It's on her mind (just my opinnion), and tbh I think her game this year is more aggressive than 2012-2013's (not in her 4th round)
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Three Hands Titles Montreal 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #757
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
The loss is disappointing, but there are to even more disappointing aspects:
1-The overall quality of Maria's game in the tournament (low, of course)
2-The fact that Vika can perhaps start thinking about how to pose with the trophy
Let's not until it actually happens It was enough seeing that annoying finger of hers again last night.

As far as Cibulkova goes, I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike her more. Well, turns out it was. What kind of comments are those? The only reason she won this is because Maria played extremely bad and something was not quite right physically. I just hope that it was fatigue and not the shoulder bugging her again

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 10:02 AM   #758
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Mi too. She is constantly in top 5 for about 2 years and a half now. Btw guys, she made already 51 DF's in 7 matches this year! 37 of them in this AO.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM   #759
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
As far as Cibulkova goes, I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike her more. Well, turns out it was. What kind of comments are those? The only reason she won this is because Maria played extremely bad and something was not quite right physically. I just hope that it was fatigue and not the shoulder bugging her again
Really stupid comments. Some players get their 10 minutes of glory maybe once or twice a year and they do not know how to handle it.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #760
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
Hundred times this.
And after set 1 she looked good.
I still try to figure out what has happend with her after Brisbane? She played so good there. Of course she needed 3 sets to beat Kanepi and made 8 DF's in the final against Serena, but I was really impressed with her game. I was actually sure she can beat anyone but Serena in this AO.
I expected today's loss, but after first set and 4 cosecutive games in the second I'm still very disappointed.

I hope she recovers well, otherwise we can prepare to another #2010era
Ugh, hours later still think the form she showed up with in Melbourne was a damn shame. Every slam she flops at with Serena out of the draw is such a missed chance .

You can bet now Serena will be going deep at all the other slams and Maria will be shut out once again.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 11:17 AM   #761
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Ugh, hours later still think the form she showed up with in Melbourne was a damn shame. Every slam she flops at with Serena out of the draw is such a missed chance .

You can bet now Serena will be going deep at all the other slams and Maria will be shut out once again.
It will be nothing but Maria's fault if that happens and for not taking advantage this fortnight.

The injury today was to make the loss even more worse but the way she played throughout this tournament was beyond atrocious.

I'm really hoping whatever bothered her today is nothing serious and that she doesn't use it as an excuse to withdraw from Paris. Because then she's not playing until Indian Wells and that will be quite some time without playing competitively. Things could get really ugly without the match play that she needs.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #762
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I know that this should be posted in the videos section, but I figured more people will see it in this thread. I mean how can you not love Maria?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 12:16 PM   #763
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, cannot believe Cibulkova saying Maria was pretending to have serving issues. A gif says it best:

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 12:56 PM   #764
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Dominika was always okay to me, but in this match she was so annoying with her pomes to every error that maria made
and to say that about her, after coming back from 6 months off from injury, to say that she was faking to change her rhythym if maria was healthy, she would destroy her.. like double bagel.

onto maria. serve was horrid, as match went on, those DF in 3rd set girl who was with her 16, 17 years hitting serves 185+ now is struggling to get in 1st serve around 160 is so sad shoulder is still problem, maybe is not hurting her, but she has problem.. FH was so bad, she missed so many cross court FH
BH was fine, only because with BH usage of left hand is more than right..

to sum up, she has to change serve motion a bit, try to kick serve on 2nd serve to reduce all DF.

and those volleys she is like cow on ballet on the net

just recover now, regroup, find some confidence and try to defend as many points as she can until wimbli. and stay healthy..

after all i was fist to said to all of you to keep calm that 2nd week would be nice when y'all were talking about final and crown.

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #765
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

The superstitious kinda type of people in this forum probably now conclude that it was the poster of this thread who'd jinxed Masha in this tournament and issue a ban over Charlatan to never post a tournament thread again - What do you think Asanty? -
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote