Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #721
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

TBH I thought she looked more anxious than anything. I have never seen her look so anxious and lost. That has to do with not being completely comfortable and match tough. Im sure she will be up and running again in good form by the clay season.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #722
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
All of you dumbasses before the match talking about every damn thing, trophy, williams or azarenka. Go, stand in a dark, mold corner and think about yourself.

You all are so dense it fuckin hurts.

Its not 2006. Its not 2008. Get a reality check. 10 years on tour with multiple shoudler troubles. What do YOU want exactly?

It is 2014 you idiots.
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I did think she could struggle to the quarters or semis even based on her form this tournament. She's done crazier things in the past when we least expected it. But alias, it's not to be. Her form is terrible at the moment, I think anyone with eyes can see that. She will need a lot more work to get back into championship form.

And the Serena loss did have an effect on the draw, unfortunately, Maria can't take advantage this time.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #723
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Just so disappointed - not because of the loss but because of how she's played in general in this tournament. The constant looks to Sven - WTF. Grow a fucking pair. And if you were injured/still injured, you should have listened to your body and delayed your comeback.

Gonna rant here so skip over this if you wish.
rant/
At least, unlike last year, I didn't spend a whole day in between Serena losing and Maria's next match obsessing because she had the decency to play crap from the beginning of the tournament rather than getting my hopes up. As soon as Serena lost (to freaking VIP - look at your fucking life choices Maria when freaking Ajde has the mental fortitude to come back from a set down and win against Serena in a slam when you shit your pants at the mere sight of Serena across the net), I knew Martha was going to throw in a shitfest and she didn't disappoint. Have fun WAG'ing, pop out some babies and tweet about pretentious fashion/art/shitty music/B-list actresses because you seem to be content with 4 slams while freaking Satan is going to win 3 in a row and your bitch Ajde beats Serena in a slam.

Win a slam or don't. I really want to stop giving a shit.
/rant
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:43 AM   #724
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
Agree with all the bold parts. Did she really "pome" after each point she won?
Whoops, I meant match in that last post Yup, even after some doubles from Maria and some really crazy and bad shots I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does, it feels almost disrespectful to me

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #725
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Winning is a habit and she's not back in the habit yet. Really, really lacking in confidence and it showed all tournament.

Could be lacklustre until the clay, maybe not, but the good stuff here was great. Some of the best play off the ground since 08, just some of the worst since 09 also. It'll click in time, and the serve needs to be tweaked and sorted.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #726
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Well, at least Paris is next week, so it's not like we have to wait until IW. Can she really improve anything in just one week? Or will she withdraw after this new "injury" (that we haven't known about it more detailed yet)?
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:45 AM   #727
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
I honestly would've preferred to lose the second set 6-0 and win those remaining five games in the third set.

Losing to that annoying bitch again. Can't stand it.
Massive waste of energy Panther. She should have done an Agassi and tanked the second set and left something for the final set. Domi can play all day. Maria was fatigued. Not an unexpected loss at all. I hope Pova can gather herself and have a fine year and fix her serve. If not her year will be messy.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #728
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Whoops, I meant match in that last post Yup, even after some doubles from Maria and some really crazy and bad shots I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does, it feels almost disrespectful to me
I don't know how I could read it "match" in your post in the beginning So I don't understand what you were talking about, and had to check the post again
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:47 AM   #729
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerM View Post
Just so disappointed - not because of the loss but because of how she's played in general in this tournament. The constant looks to Sven - WTF. Grow a fucking pair. And if you were injured/still injured, you should have listened to your body and delayed your comeback.

Gonna rant here so skip over this if you wish.
rant/
At least, unlike last year, I didn't spend a whole day in between Serena losing and Maria's next match obsessing because she had the decency to play crap from the beginning of the tournament rather than getting my hopes up. As soon as Serena lost (to freaking VIP - look at your fucking life choices Maria when freaking Ajde has the mental fortitude to come back from a set down and win against Serena in a slam when you shit your pants at the mere sight of Serena across the net), I knew Martha was going to throw in a shitfest and she didn't disappoint. Have fun WAG'ing, pop out some babies and tweet about pretentious fashion/art/crappy music stuff because you seem to be content with 4 slams while freaking Satan is going to win 3 in a row and your bitch Ajde beats Serena in a slam.

Win a slam or don't. I really want to stop giving a shit.
/rant
I think you're over reacting a bit , still you gotta point. She's getting older, and soon she has to realize that she will need to put more and more time into tennis if she still wants to contend for majors. I think she does want more (who wouldn't?), but she needs to work harder now, and prove it to us.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:48 AM   #730
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Massive waste of energy Panther. She should have done an Agassi and tanked the second set and left something for the final set. Domi can play all day. Maria was fatigued. Not an unexpected loss at all. I hope Pova can gather herself and have a fine year and fix her serve. If not her year will be messy.
I really think the way Maria make a mini comeback just for Domi to serve it out for the 3rd time and win the 2nd set, really gave Domi a lot of confidence and the momentum shifted from Maria to Domi really fast after that.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #731
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Is that really necessary?
YES!

Because reading posts here some still in complete denial afraid to admit anything to themselves that is closer to reality.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:49 AM   #732
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
I don't know how I could read it "match" in your post in the beginning So I don't understand what you were talking about, and had to check the post again
Xaxa, yeah, it's 4 A.M here, I'm tired, so half the time I don't even have the slightest idea what I'm writing. Plus I have a tough exam in 3 days, so when I think about it, Maria actually did me a favor, 'cause God knows I wouldn't have been able to stay away had she somehow won this match

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:50 AM   #733
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
YES!

Because reading posts here some still in complete denial afraid to admit anything to themselves that is closer to reality.
Regardless of what you think there are much nicer ways of putting it rather than calling people idiots.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:51 AM   #734
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Thought she'd scrap through this one and get destroyed by JJ/Halep or Vika . Oh well, either way it wasn't going to end very pretty based on her form. She had no chance of winning the tourney as things were .
Hundred times this.
And after set 1 she looked good.
I still try to figure out what has happend with her after Brisbane? She played so good there. Of course she needed 3 sets to beat Kanepi and made 8 DF's in the final against Serena, but I was really impressed with her game. I was actually sure she can beat anyone but Serena in this AO.
I expected today's loss, but after first set and 4 cosecutive games in the second I'm still very disappointed.

I hope she recovers well, otherwise we can prepare to another #2010era

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:51 AM   #735
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, at least Paris is next week, so it's not like we have to wait until IW. Can she really improve anything in just one week? Or will she withdraw after this new "injury" (that we haven't known about it more detailed yet)?
My guess is she'll withdraw. I know she needs matches, but I don't like the idea of her rushing right back out there after a major. She can't afford to aggravate any injury and make it worse, if that's what she has. And I'm sure she's wounded and drained mentally after what happened this past week. I'm thinking rest and some light work on the practice courts in the coming weeks.

And goodness knows she needs a lot of tinkering with her game before getting out there in real matches again. Those 4 matches were 2009 level messes.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote