Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #706
country flag Fiercepova
WG

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Well, somehow I can't even bring myself to care knowing that she was physically hurting. Injuries just can't seem to stay away from her these days... Anyway, I just hope that she can recover from this. As far as the tournament goes, I'm pretty much ok with anybody besides Vika and Radwanska taking it, though I would prefer JJ, Ana, Bouchard or Li
I want to see a final between Serbian Sisters. But we will probably have a Li-Vika final

Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:29 AM   #707
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Heartbreaking loss I don't know what else to say right now.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #708
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Of course, Maria's entire game was shoddy and inconsistent. But she probably could have eked this win had she moved forward on so many of Domi's short balls instead continuing to stay behind the baseline and playing long rallies.

Oh well. At least she doesn't look quite as much of a mess as she did when she returned from her last layoff. It may just be a confidence thing. But now I'm in a position to put all my support behind Sloane, Na and Ivanovic. I don't like being in that position.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #709
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope her injury isn't too serious.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #710
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

all I can do is laugh at this really.

Horrible tournament from Maria from round 1 . Horrible play, horrible serving and it was just a matter of time who'd gotten their shit together to take her out .

POME , I actually called her a "little bitch" , but she really deserved this .

Maria , there's nothing left to say, just horrible.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #711
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Maria looked really out of form today. Her game is in a bad state at the moment, both the physical, the technical, and the MENTAL. I didn't like how she kinda deflated in the 2nd set. She lost the match in the first 3 games of the second when she gave Domi too much confidence. Although Maria fought today, but she just didn't have it. I didn't like the body language in the third. It was not defeatist, but she looked so mentally tired and was kinda of moping. I'm also not liking the looking toward the box, and the bad plays on break points.

It seems clear to me that Maria really needs to get A LOT more matchplay under her belt. She can play way better than this today. And dare I say, she's gone a little soft in the big moments. You gotta get that back girl.

I'm happy that she got to the 4th round, not a bad showing for her second tournament back, but I really thought that she could have gotten to the quarters at least. Sigh, I think Maria needs to work on her speed, movement, EVERYTHING. I don't think we'll see an inform Maria until the second half of the year, maybe at FO.

Also, I pray the injury was not serious.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:35 AM   #712
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Not completely unexpected, she's looked horrible all tournament long.

She just needs more matches.

Rest up Maria

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #713
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I want to see a final between Serbian Sisters. But we will probably have a Li-Vika final
As long as Li comes out on top, I'm fine with that. She should get payback for that 2013 final. Honestly, I couldn't care less about this tourney on the women's side now. What's frustrating to me is that Maria always seems to pick her moments to peak in the wrong time (unfortunately measured by Serena's scale). This time, she was not in a position to be a real contender after the long break, and it showed, so this was not unexpected, though I really would have preferred if she could have held onto it for one more round. This much just highlighted how much I really cant stand Cibulkova I'm actually more troubled with the defeated look on her face.

The only thing that could salvage this tourney for me would be JJ taking it all the way, but as I am aware that the chances of that are the same as Grigor winning this, this would be it for me. I just hope Novak can save this from becoming a complete disaster for me

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:36 AM   #714
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Thought she'd scrap through this one and get destroyed by JJ/Halep or Vika . Oh well, either way it wasn't going to end very pretty based on her form. She had no chance of winning the tourney as things were .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #715
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

All of you dumbasses before the match talking about every damn thing, trophy, williams or azarenka. Go, stand in a dark, mold corner and think about yourself.

You all are so dense it fuckin hurts.

Its not 2006. Its not 2008. Get a reality check. 10 years on tour with multiple shoudler troubles. What do YOU want exactly?

It is 2014 you idiots.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:38 AM   #716
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

However, her form she brought here was also disappointing, because she looked good in Brisbane. She looked ready to go. Then she shows up here playing like early 2010 .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:38 AM   #717
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if she will stick around to watch Grigor or will fly straight home?
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:38 AM   #718
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Maria looked really out of form today. Her game is in a bad state at the moment, both the physical, the technical, and the MENTAL. I didn't like how she kinda deflated in the 2nd set. She lost the match in the first 3 games of the second when she gave Domi too much confidence. Although Maria fought today, but she just didn't have it. I didn't like the body language in the third. It was not defeatist, but she looked so mentally tired and was kinda of moping. I'm also not liking the looking toward the box, and the bad plays on break points.
Now that's the word I've been searching to describe her attitude

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:39 AM   #719
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Drone View Post
All of you dumbasses before the match talking about every damn thing, trophy, williams or azarenka. Go, stand in a dark, mold corner and think about yourself.

You all are so dense it fuckin hurts.

Its not 2006. Its not 2008. Get a reality check. 10 years on tour with multiple shoudler troubles. What do YOU want exactly?

It is 2014 you idiots.
Is that really necessary?
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #720
country flag Fiercepova
WG

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
As long as Li comes out on top, I'm fine with that. She should get payback for that 2013 final. Honestly, I couldn't care less about this tourney on the women's side now. What's frustrating to me is that Maria always seems to pick her moments to peak in the wrong time (unfortunately measured by Serena's scale). This time, she was not in a position to be a real contender after the long break, and it showed, so this was not unexpected, though I really would have preferred if she could have held onto it for one more round. This much just highlighted how much I really cant stand Cibulkova I'm actually more troubled with the defeated look on her face.

The only thing that could salvage this tourney for me would be JJ taking it all the way, but as I am aware that the chances of that are the same as Grigor winning this, this would be it for me. I just hope Novak can save this from becoming a complete disaster for me
Agree with all the bold parts. Did she really "pome" after each point she won?