Luksika Kumkhum Cheering Thread!! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #196
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
I was there at her match!!! She played so well while Kvitova was so shit. Its funny as when the match started they didnt know who she was and 99% of the crowd was going for Kvitova and then near the end of the match it was like 90% was going for Luk!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #197
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Luksika Kumkhum Cheering Thread!!

Go Luk! Keep doing what ur'dpoing. I'm so psyched!

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:18 AM   #198
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Hope she beats Barthel as well

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #199
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Didn't see this coming, ever.

She was so adorable in the pressy.
Halepsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #200
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

R2: Barthel def. Kumkhum 46 63 64

what a disappointment after that great match in R1.

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #201
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

GETTING TO KNOW... LUKSIKA KUMKHUM

Luksika Kumkhum announced herself to the tennis world with a first round upset of Petra Kvitova at the Australian Open. Worryingly for the rest of the tour, she wasn't even playing her best.

MELBOURNE, Australia - There have been plenty of upsets at this year's Australian Open and it all began last Monday when Luksika Kumkhum shocked former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in the first round.

For Kumkhum it was the highlight of a whirlwind 12 months that have seen her racking up the wins and bounding up the rankings. Now perched at No.88 in the rankings, the 20-year-old has set her sights on emulating friend and Thai tennis legend Tamarine Tanasugarn by breaking into the Top 50 and beyond.

Can you talk about where you grew up?
LK: In Chantaburi, Thailand. It's not really big like Bangkok but not too small either!

When did you start playing tennis?
LK: At four. My dad is a good tennis player and he started me playing when I was very young. He wasn't pro but he was on the Thai national team, and he coached me until I was 15 and then I moved to Bangkok.

Why did you move to Bangkok?
LK: I moved because I got a sponsor and they were based there. I stayed in their house and they organized coaching and practice for me. I was there for two years and mainly working with an American coach there who had done a lot of work with top college and junior players in America.

Are you still based in Bangkok?
LK: Yes, I'm working at the Pyramid Tennis Academy now. A lot of the other Thai players are based there, like Nudnida Luangnam and Varatchaya Wongteanchai.

Did you have a tennis idol when you were growing up?
LK: Tammy Tanasugarn! I know her now and she is very nice and so friendly. The first time I met her we talked like we had known each other for two years. She's also a great player, a fighter on court and has had such a long, successful career.

Has she given any specific advice that has helped your tennis?
LK: She has really helped me learn about being a professional and sharing her experience of handling life on tour. We haven't practiced together but when we meet at tournaments she's always advising me and giving information about my opponents.

What's the best memory of your career?
LK: I think beating Kvitova here! She's a big player - Top 10 in the world - and not easy to play. I didn't think I would do something special before, but I just concentrated on playing each ball and not focusing on her too much. I played well, but not my best - I think it was just my day!

What are your strengths and weaknesses as a player?
LK: My serve could be a bit harder, I think. My strengths are my control and ability to move opponents around the court.

Do you have a favorite surface or tournament?
LK: Hardcourt and the Australian Open. It's warm and relaxed here, just like Thailand!

What are your short and long-term goals?
LK: Short term, I want to get in the Top 50. Long term, I want to get into the Top 10. Maybe even to No.1.

How do you relax away from the court?
LK: With my ukulele! I've been playing for two years. I'm pretty good. And now I bring it everywhere and keep it in my tennis bag. I also like movies and sometimes shopping. I've also started to learn to play golf - but just practicing at the moment!

Do you have a favorite movie?
LK: Titanic.

Favorite food?
LK: Thai food! Although there aren't really any good ones here.

Are you studying in school or university at the moment?
LK: I'm studying communications and PR at university. I started that last year and it should take four years, but it may take more because of my tennis. Sometimes it's hard to study because I'm doing everything on the road and I'm tired after practice.

Old Jan 25th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #202

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đŕi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #203

Pattaya:

R1: Kumkhum vs. Görges
Kumkhum/Chuang vs. (WC)Wongteanchai/Wongteanchai

go luk!

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #204
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like Goerges is the kind of "brainless ballbasher" she can dismantle like she did with Kvitova...

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #205
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coetzergambill View Post
Pattaya:

R1: Kumkhum vs. Görges
Kumkhum/Chuang vs. (WC)Wongteanchai/Wongteanchai

go luk!
How to pronounce Görges?
Halepsova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #206
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comebacksova View Post
How to pronounce Görges?
Gerrr-ges

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #207

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #208

yeah, it's the german writing for the letters "oe", as "ae" is ä, and "ue" is ü

Old Jan 28th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #209

R1: Görges def. Kumkhum 64 64

Old Jan 30th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #210

R1: Kumkhum/Chuang def. (WC)Wongteanchai/Wongteanchai 61 63
QF: (2)Hlavackova/Medina Garrigues def. Kumkhum/Chuang 64 75