VBookie Like on MensTennisForums.com? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM   #1
country flag e.kelly

e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light e.kelly is a glorious beacon of light
VBookie Like on MensTennisForums.com?

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is a VBookie system like on MensTennisForums.com? I really enjoy betting on matches over there and think it would be great if there was a system like that on here as well! I clicked on the VBookie link and a message came up saying I did not have the privilege to access the site. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
e.kelly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:52 PM   #2
country flag Alexandros
Jail food ah de best.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute
Re: VBookie Like on MensTennisForums.com?

Nope WTA will throw a hissyfit and try to sue TF again.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #3
country flag time2burntt

time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all time2burntt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Nope WTA will throw a hissyfit and try to sue TF again.
lol no shit?
time2burntt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #4
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Once upon a time this forum was called WTAWorld. WTA didn't like an unaffiliated site using their name and so the name of the forum was changed. They also objected to there being a vBookie, so it was deactivated because the alternative was getting sued. A similar thing happened at MTF, but the ATP gave zero fucks about the vBookie so they were allowed to keep it.

I'm not sure if this was before or after VSports got involved with the forum. Either way, the admins had no choice but to comply with the WTA's wishes. If it went to court, it would be expensive and they would probably lose.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #5
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't see and no one has been able to tell me the connection between the name change and the elimination of vBookie. I can see the WTA being upset with this site having WTA in the name that shouldn't have happened at all! But once the name was changed and it was make clear we had no association with the WTA. How could the WTA then continue to rule this site by not letting us have vBookie here?

I never heard anything about MTF having any problems, but they never had ATP in the name of the site that I know of
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #6
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
But once the name was changed and it was make clear we had no association with the WTA. How could the WTA then continue to rule this site by not letting us have vBookie here?
Because it was part of the settlement agreement. That there will not be vbookie or any other simulated gambling on this site ever again. Verticalscope made that promise and changed the forum name and in return WTA did go further with the legal actions.

Quote:
I never heard anything about MTF having any problems, but they never had ATP in the name of the site that I know of
Before MTF there was ATPWorld
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #7
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute RoseStone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your answer
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 03:52 AM   #8
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Because it was part of the settlement agreement. That there will not be vbookie or any other simulated gambling on this site ever again. Verticalscope made that promise and changed the forum name and in return WTA did go further with the legal actions.
Interesting, VScope got involved here before WTA called in the lawyers, unimportant to the thread, but the chronology of this place intrigues me.

Based on a quick trawl of the old posts in this section, my best guess would be that VScope bought the forum in May '07. The forum name change happened in Feb '08 but WTA had already called in the lawyers in September '07. Heck of a year for the forum and its new owners, but I suspect this place becoming owned by a company that intended to make money out of the place, rather than just being a fan run community made it less likely to be overlooked.

Wait, what were we talking about again?
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #9
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

Gee I like someone that is interested in the history of anything! I never thought about who had this site before VS.
But it was always in the back of my mine that a company like VS that owns loads of Forums would have been smarter than to name this place WTAWorld. And I can see why VS couldn't fight about vBookie because the case was first based on the use of the "WTA" in the name. And there was no way VS could have won a case based on that!
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #10
country flag KeysisGOAT

Another quick trawl of the archives suggests that VS were here before I thought, apparently purchasing the parent company of WTAWorld in the summer of 2006.

After doing some scouring with the wayback machine, VS were claiming copyright on the site in October/November of 2006. Google tells me that Steve is most likely a former VS employee who was a forum manager at the time. His account was created in July 2006, which fits with the 'summer of 2006' tidbit.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Feb 10th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #11
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Another quick trawl of the archives suggests that VS were here before I thought, apparently purchasing the parent company of WTAWorld in the summer of 2006.
Why in the world didn't VS change the name? Of course, keeping the name as it was I guess could have been a condition of the sell? Or VS just thought since there hadn't been any trouble there wouldn't be any trouble!

This subject interests me because it drives me crazy that we have Credits that we can't do anything with!
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #12
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Why in the world didn't VS change the name? Of course, keeping the name as it was I guess could have been a condition of the sell? Or VS just thought since there hadn't been any trouble there wouldn't be any trouble!
Well there's a few reasons. The first is that WTAWorld had been around since 2001 without WTA giving a shit and a lot of VS forums also have trademarks in their names (pick a brand of motorcycle and VS probably run at least one forum about it). Another is that WTAWorld was what everybody knew and it's a bad idea to change something. It's also possible that it's something they intended to do anyway but didn't get around to before WTA forced the issue. Bare in mind that it took months for VS to add their name to the bottom of the forum.

There being chaos at the forum management level seems to be a common complaint about them.

Quote:
This subject interests me because it drives me crazy that we have Credits that we can't do anything with!
Even before vBookie was removed, you could do less with credits/vcash than you used to. You used to spend them on getting avatars, name changes etc. Then that feature was removed and it became solely for vbetting. And then a meaningless number.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 04:12 PM   #13
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

Quote:
There being chaos at the forum management level seems to be a common complaint about them.
I can definitely believe that! I've been on 5 VS Forums in the past. And now that is down to 1--TF. It is the best managed Forum I have found

Quote:
Even before vBookie was removed, you could do less with credits/vcash than you used to. You used to spend them on getting avatars, name changes etc. Then that feature was removed and it became solely for vbetting. And then a meaningless number.
I know I'm using a spoon to try to dry up the ocean on this subject, but why have a meaningless number?
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 04:20 PM   #14
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
I know I'm using a spoon to try to dry up the ocean on this subject, but why have a meaningless number?
I don't know. But then, we have a rep system and that's similarly pointless. I guess two sets of meaningless numbers are better than one.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #15
country flag RoseStone
IT MUST BE LOVE

Quote:
I don't know. But then, we have a rep system and that's similarly pointless. I guess two sets of meaningless numbers are better than one.
Oh maybe the number is pointless, but I've gotten some very nice Reps from other posters