$25,000 Port St. Lucie, FL (USA) 2014 | Jan 13 (Winner: Francoise Abanda) - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #46
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: $25,000 Port St. Lucie, FL (USA) 2014 | Jan 13 (Draws)

Well done Cristina!
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #47
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
(4)Cristina Dinu (ROU) d. Laura Thorpe (FRA) 36 75 63
Laura led 63 53 and missed three mp
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #48
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Cata

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 01:32 AM   #49
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravanecaravan View Post
"Lo-lo" Chirico beat Maria-Fernanda Alves this morning 7-5 6-1 on court 5. After a tight, see saw first set that saw Chirico break to an early lead, Alves come back to lead 4-3, then Chirico rally to overcome Maria-Fernanda in the waning stages of the set to win, she raced to a 5-0 lead in set 2 before coasting across the line for the easy win.

Kuhlman and Elie played a long three setter on the stadium court. I went to watch the final set of that after Lo-lo's match, and saw Elie close out the 2nd set before Kuhlman raced to 5-0 lead in set 3. At that point, Elie found new life and closed to 3-5 before Kuhlman closed it out.

El Tabakh-Buchina was very one sided. 6-1 6-1 was the final, and Heidi was never threatened. It was 5-0 before Buchina got a game, and 6-1 3-0 before she got on the board in set 2. I'm not sure, but I don't recall Heidi facing break point in the match. I thought it would be closer--I watched Buchina practice for about 45 minutes in Vero and thought she had pretty solid strokes, and a good serve. I thought she'd make it a closer match, but El Tabakh was too dominant.

This morning, as I was watching the Chirico-Alves match, one of the tournament workers came up to me while I was standing between court 5 and the walkway to the "VIP" viewing area for the stadium court and asked if I was going to watch "the Canadian girl Heidi" play. I grinned and told her "yes, she's one of my favorites, but she plays second" and the lady kept going on and on about how beautiful Heidi was and how I had to see her play. She kept asking me all day in between matches if was going to or had seen Heidi play. She didn't really have to make that hard of a pitch....

I saw quite a bit of the second set of Dinu-Thorpe. I see from Meelis' results that Dinu came back to win in three, but at the time I had to go she was down a set, had fought back from 3-5 to deadlock the second set at 5-all after taking a medical T/O for treatment on her neck, and had been exclaiming a lot in Romanian about the crappy state of her game (I am guessing). At least, she was gesturing a lot and giving a ton of sour looks to her coach. The match kind of looked a little like Hampton v Paszek, if you squinted a lot.
Nice report And funny story about Heidi. She's gorgeous and I do really believe she has the game to do decent on tour but she's so mentally up and down.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #50
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report about Valentini, I'm glad she beat a top 100 junior player

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #51
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natash. View Post
Nice report And funny story about Heidi. She's gorgeous and I do really believe she has the game to do decent on tour but she's so mentally up and down.
I don't know if it's that she's "mentally" up and down, but as Laura Sigemund's coach said during their match last week in Vero, Heidi has a big game but it is very high risk. When she is on, she can play with most anyone, and she really can. When she is off, well....

I guess that's part of why I like her. Her style of play appeals to me, as I play with the same attitude. Obviously, playing it a little safer might win her a few more points.

But she has a huge serve, major league groundies. Perhaps her footwork and movement could be improved, but with some hard work, she could easily compete at WTA level. I think she's also been beset by some ill-timed injuries that have killed her progress just when she was building momentum in the rankings a couple of times.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #52
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

No Tadeja

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #53
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(Q)Louisa Chirico (USA) d. Dia Evtimova (BUL) 62 10 Ret.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #54
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

My Chirico girl!! Win it all!
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #55
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(Q)Teodora Mircic (SRB) d. (3)Polina Vinogradova (RUS) 64 63
(Q)Sabrina Santamaria (USA) d. (7)Anne Schaefer (GER) 62 64
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #56
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go Lo-Lo!

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #57
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute

Sabrina
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #58
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Qualys
seeds out!
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #59
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

How is Chirico's game? Do you think she has the game to make it?
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #60
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Gr8 report AC
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote