Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2 - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #646
country flag TheTribalFreak

TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light TheTribalFreak is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

WOW nice girl
TheTribalFreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:19 PM   #647
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

What a fabulous, amazing week for Tsveti and a great win for women's tennis in general. Tsveti seems 100% lovely!

I posted at more length about the match and Tsveti in GM here - http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=273
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #648
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Tsveti

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #649
country flag Laver_Slam

Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice Laver_Slam is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomShot View Post
Been following her since Estoril 2008, and it had always puzzled me how she didn't have better results; with her talent and her game, I always figured she was capable of more. After a couple of years of fairly average results, came that incredible fortnight at Wimbledon 2010, where she showed what she could do. And to prove it wasn't a fluke, she nearly repeated of her performance the following year. Though she never quite matched that high, her results were okay if steadily dwindling. But then came 2013. Certainly not her best year, and she finished outside top 100, a far cry from her career high of #31.

She mentioned she wasn't happy with her results, and after bowing out in Shenzen qualifying I was hesitant to expect qualification into the Sydney MD. She won her way through qualies, then beat Cirstea in the first round. From then on, every win had me take notice. A good week, I thought, but probably nothing more. But then she straight-setted Errani, a top 10 player. An excellent match, and with it came her WTA semi final debut. A new milestone, a big breakthrough, but surely it would end against Kvitova, who she had a 0-3 H2H against? Nope, another win, again in straight sets, and into her debut final. Superlatives couldn't fit the bill, surely no one had seen this coming on Monday? But here she was, as a mere qualifier, having won 7 matches to get to this point. What an amazing week it had been for her. The WTA were poised in anticipation, the runners were set and the guns were fired. Straight sets later, she'd finished it off in the best way possible: her first title. A tournament to remember. Regardless of what happens in her career, she will always have this week. The final qualifying round losses or the first round wins in Tier IV tournaments may be forgotten, but this will always be remembered.

There's been ups, there's been downs, but it's always been interesting supporting her. Congratulations, Tsvetana .

What a beautiful post!
It so amazing that she won this title and I am really happy for her.
Laver_Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 02:05 AM   #650
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing to come from qualifying and win 8 matches in a row in 8 days including three against top 10 opponents!
I think she is playing better than the Wimbledon runs. I will be satisfied with her AO performance as long as she wins R1

Also she's now going from out of the top 100 to into the top 60

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 02:29 AM   #651
country flag curzon79

curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...-1226799511940

Glad she stayed with it. Big things ahead for Tsvetana
curzon79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #652
country flag Kat_YYZ

Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of

Congrats to her. I like her playing style and she seems such a sweet girl.
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 06:57 AM   #653
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see so many people come here to celebrate this moment...
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM   #654
country flag curzon79

curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice curzon79 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingPikachu View Post
Glad to see so many people come here to celebrate this moment...
it was such a special moment. Tsvetana played like a champ. She is such an awesome player and I am looking forward to many more titles for her in the future
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:09 AM   #655
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely taking her up again after this result I just hope she can keep some good results coming She has a big opportunity in Melbourne if she is fit All she needs to do in my eyes is add a few new dimensions to her Forehand: the paceless shot is surprisingly effective but she needs to be able to hit a heavier one and a flatter, harder one

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 02:45 PM   #656
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

I read that they have faster courts at the Australian Open now, so if that's the case in Sydney that might have helped her as we all know how she excels on faster grass surfaces.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #657
country flag SabineTard

SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light SabineTard is a glorious beacon of light

Tsveti likes playing on fast courts BUT especially because of her a bit weak FH + bouncing too high the ball should bounce lower from the surface something which I don't see in Melbourne compared to Sydney courts. I don't like tennis like Sharapova Serena for example where only power prevails. Still think that tennis would've been far more competitive full of diversity in play if most courts were like Sydney's one.

Маybe because of the courts Cibulkova lost to Aga so bad last year in Sydney. Players like Kvitova and Cibulkova who reply only on power can't win on such courts. Don't we need more courts like Sydney in tennis ?

Last edited by SabineTard : Jan 12th, 2014 at 03:44 PM.
SabineTard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #658
country flag curzon79

through to the second round
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #659

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by curzon79 View Post
through to the second round
Nice job.
Next round Stosur must be a tough player.
H2H: 0-3.
Do her best is enough! GL to her!
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 01:57 PM   #660

Result:
R1:
Pironkova 6-3 6-2 Soler-Espinosa

R2:
Pironkova 2-6 0-6 Stosur (17)

Last edited by SurfingPikachu : Jan 15th, 2014 at 08:44 AM.
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote