Game organizers: Introduce your game! - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #136
country flag Davidspell

Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of Davidspell has much to be proud of
Re: Game organizers: Introduce your game!

Tippin' Easy

The players will be placed in a knock-out system. Every player will send 3 picks per day, please see * at the bottom of this paragraph,of the players that he or she thinks that will win with their scores. The players with the best picks and scores will reach the next round. The points given will be based on the points of the respective tournament. Is something like Tennis Tipping but easier.

* In the semi-finals- 2 picks
In the final- 1 pick

How to determine the winner:

1.) Good picks
2.) Set ratios (The players will send the exact scores, not only set ratios)
3.) Set 1 (The player with the nearer score to the real one, win)
4.) Set 2
a.) Set 3, if applicable

If after this, the players are tied they will send for the next round. The winner of this match will face with the same scores the player that was supposed to face that round.

In case of a tie in the final, the two players will send their picks for the first round of the next week tournament. The tournament will be the same for both.

The amount of players that will play will be the same of the respective tournament, except for the Slams, that will have a 64S/ 32Q draws.

Any questions PM me! I hope you liked it! I will need some help for managing but we talk about that after this game is approved, if it is.

Strasbourg Champion

Current live ranking: #50

Paula Badosa Gibert
Davidspell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #137
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis elbow Fantasy tour!

Hey guys:

I was just playing Tennis Elbow 2013 and I had Idea:

What if we had a tennis elbow 2013 tour game, since you can create players and then simulate matches against each other, it might be fun to create a "tour" and have our players play/simulate against each other

How it would work:
Each player would start with the 1000 points to delegate to all the different stats. Then every time you win a tournament/reach the finals, you get points to add onto your players. I would create the players and put it into the computer (With the delegated stats) , put it on Incredible 10 and have them play against each other and report the stats (with a screen grab of the score)

would anyone be interested? It's just an idea !

let me know!
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #138
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

^Sounds fun. I'd play.

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #139
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

Good
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #140
country flag Queen Vika

Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute Queen Vika has a reputation beyond repute

TFWTA tour
(Tennis Forum Womens Tennis Association Tour)

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=644753

I know you have been bomberded with tours and circuits, but i do not see why this can not successful. Rules. Whether you have 200 000 posts or 2, anyone can play

1. Make a player, from any country, as long as she is over 15. Add surface preferences Hard, Clay, Grass, Carpet, Indoor Hard, Indoor Clay in any order and endorsements. And add details of player in this format-

(Example)
Name- Victoria Azarenka (Does not have to be a WTA player)
Age- 24 (31/6/1989)
Nationality- Belarus
Birthplace/Residence- Minsk, Belarus/ Monte Carlo, Princ. Of Monaco
Height- 1.88m
Strengths- Backhand, Mental Toughness, Movement, Forehand
Weakness- Serve, Forehand, Injury
Attire Prefences- Nike, Adidas, Puma, EleVen, Lacoste (Any 5 Existing brands)
Racquet- Wilson (You can add model)
Surface- Hard, Indoor Hard, Carpet, Grass, Indoor Clay, Clay

Other Info- Tell us about yourself (Coach, Family, Place of Birth)

2. All players receive 1200 points to disperse between each surface.

Example
Hard- 500
Indoor Hard- 200
Carpet- 200
Grass- 200
Indoor Clay- 50
Clay- 50

This scheme would be unwise, as you would slay during all Hardcourt tournaments but struggle through clay.

You may use these on any tournament entered to determine scores. It is simple, Divide points between 3 sets (five in Championships)

Example- Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome (Clay)
Victoria sends 30-20-0

Dinara Sends 50-150-50

Dinara d Victoria 64 60
(Difference first set is 20=64 second set 130=60)

Tiebreaker points are also required. Like normal games they depend on surface preferences. You must spread them through
1st preference- 120
2nd- 100
3rd- 90
4th- 60
5th- 50

If players are tied, the higher ranked player wins 8-6

Just PM to Manager, Azapova. They may only be changed during the offseason. Additional points will be gained each year you play, and for winning tournaments.

3. An entry thread would be opened for entering tournaments. Wildcards will be given to new players or players selected by manager who are unable to enter. They will not be given to late entries. Late entries will have to qualify or become alternate.

Fun things
1. You may be wondering why a preference for Apparel was put in the profile. Well a manager will be selected for a sports clothing brand, who is given $1, 000, 000 to buy endorsements a year. The more accomplished the player, the more expensive they are.

Example
Victoria- 2 slams ($1, 000 each) 17 Titles ($500) Marketability* 8/10 ($8, 000)
So Victoria will cost $18 500. But you must continue to pay your player the marketability fee each month.

*Marketability is decided first by manager according to accomplishments on court and from the extra info in the player profile. Senior players who are put on the board by manager will also be consulted.

Each Apparel Manager must continually provide outfit designs for players according to real life company's schedule. So Nike must produce designs for AO-Indian Wells, Miami, Clay Season, FO- Wimbledon, USO series, USO, Post USO-YEC-AO series. Each design made will cost $500 each. So you may make a design for Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, Eugenie Bouchard, and then one other for your minions. This costs $2, 500. Bonuses are given monthly for this, and this only.

2. You get to choose where the tournaments are played! Apart from the Grand Slams, you choose where the tournaments are held. A yearly vote will determine the Premier Mandatory, Premier 5, Premier and International venues. If chosen, a place without certain facilities may result in money being withdrawn from player Endorsement and prize money (only those who decide on voting for it)

3. You can spend your prize and endorsement money! ( not real money). This can pay for hosting charity events, which will get you even more money, (depends on amount of views), player parties or your own tournament. Beware, flights, although not expensive, must be paid for. Manager manages all bank accounts, so fee evasion is impossible dears.

4. Senior players will be added to a board, giving them twice the amount of votes in polls for new tournaments and raises. 5 members (Longest serving, riche$t, most accomplished and nicest players will be considered for a position) and manager will sit on the board.

If this gets enough support, from the sponsors (Tennis Forum) i will manage this game! I will need a rankings master and assistant. Prize money, Statistics, Exhos, Charity events and player fashion. I think it sounds fun, you? I would appreciate thoughts and suggestions. Also if game is success, how do i open subforum?

Azarenka Ivanovic Sharapova Safina Pierce Kournikova Vaidišova Kirilenko Capriati Zvonareva Davenport Hingis Dementieva Venus Jankovic Bencic Chakvetadze Kvitova Schnyder Kuznetsova Myskina Wozniacki Henin Giorgi Svitolina Townsend Schmiedlova Petkovic Zhang Duan

Why You Ajdemo? You Say Kaman, Kaman

AO 95 97 98 99 00 01 02 04 08 12 13 FO 00 01 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 12 14 WC 97 99 00 01 04 05 07 08 11 14 US 97 98 00 01 03 04 06 07

Last edited by Queen Vika : Jan 11th, 2014 at 05:36 AM.
Queen Vika is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #141
country flag BMT360

BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all

8 Strikes

This is a game of knowledge that's open to anyone who wants join. Just commit on the thread. A minimum of 8 players are needed to hold a tournament. You may only do one per WEEK.

How to Play
An OOP for the round is posted by the manager and players must choose ANY half of the draw to choose. Picks are always sent to the manager. Picks should only have the names of the players you think will win. If the round has 16 matches you send 8 winners. If the round has 64 matches you send 32 winners.
This is how your picks should be sent if there are 8 matches in the round:

Wozniacki
Williams
Kvitova
Radwanska

No set ratios or points are needed and all picks must be sent before the first match of the round starts. Any picks sent after will not be counted.
Here's the twist:
If you get a pick wrong you earn yourself a strike. Strikes are given when a player guesses a match wrong. In other words if the match is Williams vs Kanepi, and you guess Kanepi, but really Williams wins you'll get a strike for the wrong pick. 8 strikes and your out! A player will be disqualified if they do not make picks for ALL rounds.
However, if you earned 8 strikes, you should continue to send picks just in case everyone gets 8 strikes. Also, strikes stay through ALL rounds and do not reset after every round. The managers will post standings after every round.

Tiebreaker
If at the end of semi-finals there is a tie, players will send the exact score of the finals match to the manager. Whoever gets the closest to exact wins.

Retirements and Walkovers
If there is a retirement or a walkover the match WILL count. If it’s for a tiebreaker then the retirement or walkover will not count and in that situation the game will end in a tie.

Rankings and Finals
Rankings will be updated every once in a while. If you play hard enough, you will compete in the end of the year finals.
There is no need for you to look at the rankings to see if you’ll make it, because I’ll PM you to let you know that you’ve made it.

If you have any questions or would be interested in managing one send me a PM with the tournament you are interested in managing.

Last edited by BMT360 : Feb 18th, 2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added more
BMT360 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 12:12 AM   #142
country flag awesomedude333

awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice awesomedude333 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT360 View Post
8 Strikes

This is a game of knowledge that's open to anyone who wants join. Just commit on the thread. A minimum of 8 players are needed to hold a tournament. You may only do one per WEEK.

How to Play
An OOP for the round is posted by the manager and players must choose ANY half of the draw to choose. Picks are always sent to the manager. Picks should only have the names of the players you think will win. If the round has 16 matches you send 8 winners. If the round has 64 matches you send 32 winners.
This is how your picks should be sent if there are 8 matches in the round:

Wozniacki
Williams
Kvitova
Radwanska

No set ratios or points are needed and all picks must be sent before the first match of the round starts. Any picks sent after will not be counted.
Here's the twist:
If you get a pick wrong you earn yourself a strike. Strikes are given when a player guesses a match wrong. In other words if the match is Williams vs Kanepi, and you guess Kanepi, but really Williams wins you'll get a strike for the wrong pick. 8 strikes and your out! A player will be disqualified if they do not make picks for ALL rounds.
However, if you earned 8 strikes, you should continue to send picks just in case everyone gets 8 strikes. Also, strikes stay through ALL rounds and do not reset after every round. The managers will post standings after every round.

Tiebreaker
If at the end of semi-finals there is a tie, players will send the exact score of the finals match to the manager. Whoever gets the closest to exact wins.

Retirements and Walkovers
If there is a retirement or a walkover the match WILL count. If it’s for a tiebreaker then the retirement or walkover will not count and in that situation the game will end in a tie.

Rankings and Finals
Rankings will be updated every once in a while. If you play hard enough, you will compete in the end of the year finals.
There is no need for you to look at the rankings to see if you’ll make it, because I’ll PM you to let you know that you’ve made it.

If you have any questions or would be interested in managing one send me a PM with the tournament you are interested in managing.
Really good idea. I would totally play
awesomedude333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 05:24 PM   #143
country flag Flavio_Sverige

Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice Flavio_Sverige is just really nice

Why dont we have DTT in this fórum as well?
Flavio_Sverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #144
country flag BMT360

BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all BMT360 is a name known to all
Would anyone like 8 strikes?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 16th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #145
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio_Sverige View Post
Very good question.

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #146
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Very good question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio_Sverige View Post
every time we try to bring it back, no one plays
Old May 18th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #147
country flag BMT360

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy72391 View Post
every time we try to bring it back, no one plays
I would play!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #148
country flag Serve2Win

Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future Serve2Win has a brilliant future

Game Name: The Peter Skan Contest (aka 3-Men, 3-Women team).
Most exciting combine WTA/ATP game on the web !!!
Played only 5 times a year: All 4 Grand Slams + Miami.

Welcome to SkanCanTest!
Here's how it works:

1. The contest winner will be the poster whose registered team earns the highest number of points as of the conclusion of the tournament.

2. Valid entries consist of a team of 6 players [3 men and 3 women] all of whom must be included in the official tournament draw.

3. Rule 3 [The 30-seed rule]: The sum total of the players ranking numbers must be no less than 30, minimum 15 for ATP and 15 for WTA. We will assign unique high numbers to unseeded players for the purpose of this contest.

4. The order of your 6-named players is the most important factor in naming your team. It represents your priority for purposes of earning domination points.

Sample Entry [guessing at the Ranking]:

Team Americana

1. Nadal [Rank 1]
2. Federer [Rank 2]
3. Jankovic [Rank 2]
4. S Williams [Rank 5]
5. Kuznetsova [Rank 36]
6. Hewitt [Rank 16]

Total = 19 for ATP and 43 for WTA ( = 62 )

Cheerleader[s]: Yankee Doodle Dandy

5. You cannot name a team consisting of the same players in the same order as a team already entered. However, you can enter a team consisting of the same players as another team, provided those players are in a different order.

6. There is no rule 6! But what’s a team without a cheerleading squad. So go ahead and nominate a cheerleader[s], just for fun. In fact, they don't even have to be a registered player. Be creative!
7. You may change the composition of your team any number of times up to the start of play, after which any further change will be ignored by the program. The only requirement here is that you will have to manage your own modifications directly on the site that is hosting the game: http://www.tennisgamers.com.

8. Assign a name to your team. You can edit the team name if you wish. I'll post a shortlist of the best entries, umm .. when I retire – yeah, that’s it, when I retire! *backs away slowly*

SCORING

OK - here are the basics:

1. Domination Points:
These are based on how soundly your players beat their opponents. A key factor in calculating these points is how high you have seeded them on your team. For example, if you seed Ivanovic 2nd on your team and she thrashes Petrova 6-0 6-0, you will get 60 points; however, if you seeded Ana 5th on your team, you will only get 24 points. On the other hand, if your player loses, you will lose the corresponding number of points. Also, no winning player will be penalized for losing more games than their opponent. In such cases the default is 0 points.

2. Progression Points
You get additional points whenever your players advance to the next round [10 for round 1, 20 for round 2, 30 for round 3, 50 for round 4, 80 for Round 5, etc.]. Catch on?

3. Quality Points
You get further points when your player defeats an opponent who is in the top-32 in the Ranking. The number of points is based on how highly the opponent is ranked. For example, if you have the #1 rank on your team and they defeat the 20th rank, you get 13 points [33 - 20].

Good luck to all contestants!!
Old Jul 24th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #149
country flag Palin6o

Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice Palin6o is just really nice

Predict the Final

Baku (TEST): http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=749329
Palin6o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 07:39 PM   #150
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Strikeout Tennis

Was trying to come up with a new game here that I think posters would enjoy, so here is an idea. Tell me what you guys think. Not sure if this idea has already been introduced, though.

Strikeout Tennis is kind of like tipping and suicide merged together with a couple different stuff mixed in,

After the daily OOP is posted, players would select 3 of the matches to tip and post them in the thread. You would get a "run" or point for tipping a correct result. You would receive a strike for an incorrect tip. Once you collect 3 strikes, you're out.

Ex. (We'll use Stanford)

Day 1 OOP
Date-Krumm vs Pliskova
Stosur vs Osaka
Garcia vs Lepchenko
Tomljanovic vs Petkovic
Vandeweghe vs Ahn
Vickery vs Zhang

Players then would tip 3 matches.

Stosur
Vandeweghe
Zhang

At the end of Day 1, I would have 1 run and 2 strikes. Once I get 3 strikes, I'm out.

It's a pretty easy game, not sure if it'll have any interest. If there are any ideas to make it better, post them!!

Thanks.

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote