Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #106
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharakim View Post
come on Masha I want a second Aussie Open to go along with 2008!
Here we go!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #107
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all AniaSharapova is a name known to all
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Very decent draw for Maria. My predictions about Maria in Serena's half turned out (thankfully) to be false and she's in Vika's half.
First round could be tricky, BMS is unpredictable for me, but Maria will win this match in 2 sets IMO, maybe one of them will be tight. 2nd and 3rd are not worthy to comment, she should deal with this girl easily. 4th round against Cibulkova probably. Then JJ or Petkovic, personally I rather Petko, because I need a revenge for AO 2011
And finally SF against Vika. Melbourne has been Guest's teritory for last two years, but if Maria brings her A game, she'll probably win this encounter.
But for now ONE MATCH AT A TIME
Let's see how Maria's gonna deal with BMS and where she is with her form week after Brisbane.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #108
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice wehan6 is just really nice

Does anybody have any idea when maria will start.Last year she played her first round on a Monday and she was the first one on centre court.And does anybody know when the order of play will be announced?Thanks in advance
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 02:14 PM   #109
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan6 View Post
Does anybody have any idea when maria will start.Last year she played her first round on a Monday and she was the first one on centre court.And does anybody know when the order of play will be announced?Thanks in advance
According to reports from Twitter (unconfirmed though), men's bottom half (Djokovic) and women's top half (Serena) will start on Monday, which leaves us with Maria playing on Tuesday.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #110
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehan6 View Post
Australian Open ‏@AustralianOpen 13h
For all those asking, the schedule of play will be released at some stage over the weekend once qualifying matches have finished
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #111
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
According to reports from Twitter (unconfirmed though), men's bottom half (Djokovic) and women's top half (Serena) will start on Monday, which leaves us with Maria playing on Tuesday.
Oh, well, still hoping for Monday.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM   #112
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future nelsondan has a brilliant future

where i live, tuesday probably is monday.
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #113
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future malarkist has a brilliant future

Ao is my fave slam in terms of schedule. lovet! loved that it streams its matches for free and no tennistv shits.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #114

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
where i live, tuesday probably is monday.
Considering that Tuesday start in Australia is Monday/Tuesday night transition in Europe, that means that Tuesday's early matches should begin at some time like 7 P.M. US time, depending ofc on which zone you live in

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #115
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Monday's matches will start around 7 PM in the US (if they start at 11 Melbourne time). I think 2 AM will be my cutoff to stay up for a Maria match, so they better be early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #116
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back at uni in the second week, and have to be up at 4:30am to go on placement... could work to my advantage with some matches.

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #117
country flag nole-pova

nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light nole-pova is a glorious beacon of light

the matches time is always sucks in AO
but still love this tournament,don't know why
good luck maria
nole-pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #118
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

I specifically use this week as one of my holiday weeks from work. Matches typically start at midnight my time, so I tend to get a good 3/4 hours of games in before I need sleep, though I have in the past gone to sleep early then woke up for matches I wanted to see. (The Petra/Maria SF a few years ago for example)

It's a shame, because I really like the Australian Open, but it's so inconvienient to me. (Though I guess I shouldn't complain, imagine the people who live there with the other 3 majors )

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #119
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole-pova View Post
the matches time is always sucks in AO
but still love this tournament,don't know why
good luck maria
We love AO probably because it's the major Maria has the best winning record, including one win and 3 finals.
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #120

For me personally it's not just the track record that my faves have there, but there is also something about AO that makes it more magical for me than the other 3 Slams. Seeing the bright sun shining on that first day, tucked in my bed at 1AM, getting ready to watch the first blood be drawn, that feeling like it's a dawn of the next tennis season-priceless for me. And not to mention the best coverage and infrastructure of all Slams

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC