Ana Konjuh - Volume 2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:18 AM   #61
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh - Volume 2

Ana's match with Johansson is streamed:

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/video/live.html
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:30 AM   #62
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

lost 2nd set...a lot of UE's

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:38 AM   #63
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

She's pretty poor right now
Surgery can't come soon enough
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:40 AM   #64
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Qualifier placements:

Hantuchova (31)
Li (4)
Date-Krumm
Vekic
Medina Garrigues
Garcia
Puig
Jovanovski
Halep (11)
Voskoboeva
Govortsova
Minella
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:46 AM   #65

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

She won't qualify
But is a good job for her to win some points while injury
Good luck with the surgery
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #66
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post
She won't qualify
But is a good job for her to win some points while injury
Good luck with the surgery
She will

Medina or Vekic please!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:51 AM   #67
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Savchuk awaiting.
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #68
country flag Abnaxus

Abnaxus is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what kind of surgery Konjuh requires?

Last edited by Abnaxus : Jan 10th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
Abnaxus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:59 AM   #69
country flag volume3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Savchuk awaiting.
looked good on court when they showed her but Konta made 40 UE's in that match

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #70

Question Re: Ana Konjuh - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
She will

Medina or Vekic please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post
looked good on court when they showed her but Konta made 40 UE's in that match

Both Johansson and Konjuh made 50+ UEs
Sorry but she is not playing good tennis right now
Is better for her to rest and go to take surgery
than play this kind of "tennis".
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:14 AM   #71
country flag volume3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT View Post

Both Johansson and Konjuh made 50+ UEs
Sorry but she is not playing good tennis right now
they played 31 games, Konta & Savchuk played 15 games in their match

Ana was not great today but even without her top game she wins matches

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #72
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Bravo Ana, so glad i saw these final 2 games before work
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #73
country flag Abnaxus

Abnaxus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a bit worried about the Konjuh team deciding to have the surgery done in Zagreb. Wouldn't have been my first option, if I was in her shoes (If anyone has seen "Vegetarian Cannibal", then you'll know what I'm talking about).

Last edited by Abnaxus : Jan 10th, 2014 at 06:27 AM.
Abnaxus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #74
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnaxus View Post
Anyone know what kind of surgery Konjuh requires?
It's an elbow issue. Not an injury per se, but a condition that, according to doctors, people who are not professional athletes wouldn't even notice they have, cause it wouldn't cause them any trouble or pain. But due to much higher stress imposed on the body by requirements of a pro athletic career, a tiny part of her bone is at times pressing the nerve which runs from the shoulder down the arm. That's why the pain manifests itself in the shoulder area eventhough the trigger is in the elbow, they say. Surgery was first planned for the end of 2013, but then the team changed their mind and decided to postpone it. According to their statement, it would be risky to undergo a surgery at the time, as any surgery is risky in itself, and since this condition can't cause any further damage to her body they've decided to wait with it until she builds some decent ranking and at least partially insures herself financially. She is playing through pain as far as I know, but it's obviously not so much as to severly diminish her chances on court. After the match with Davis however, she apparently reported an increase in pain so the decision was made to go forward with the surgery after Melbourne. A break should last between 3 and 5 months.

As for your worries about the surgery being done in Croatia, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Besides, I haven't seen any official statement concerning the facility in which the procedure will take place. Speaking as someone who's had his fair share of surgeries done here by domestic doctors, I can assure you there are some fine surgeons around, particularly orthopedic, such as my doctor, about whom I know for a fact that he is well known for his skills and knowledge well outside the national borders.

And to get back on topic, quite a nice performance today, nothing spectacular by Ana's standards, but good enough and that's what counts. Her mind tends to wander at times, but that's all completely normal for her age and experience level, and I'm sure it'll only get better. Her serve was good, her backhand reliable, her approach shots mostly rushed and blown away and her forehand the cause of many troubles. Still, were there a bit more consistency and focus, I'm sure she would've won in straights today. What to say about Savchuk...if we'll use 2013 as the merit of her quality than I'm not overly worried. I see no spectacular results or amazing wins, some solid tennis from time to time, but mostly within the expectations for the player of her caliber. Savic almost took a set off of her in Turkey last year and that gives us some indication as for what to expect. Definately a match-up one would think Ana K. is able to win as long as she is calm and employs a good strategy.

As for the qualifier placements, I wouldn't mind Jovanovski - a winnable R1, probably Cirstea in R2 (winnable under ideal circumstances) and then a great lesson on fantastic tennis courtesy of Simona Halep. That's also the only quarter of the draw in which we don't have our players, so that might be another good reason (avoiding early losses of our girls). Would be really something

But, first things first...
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:26 AM   #75
country flag ma re

Court 6 tomorrow, last (3rd) match, around 15:30 local time.