Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #91
country flag tennispenquin

tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice tennispenquin is just really nice
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Good luck to Masha she'll need it
tennispenquin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #92
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Can I just say on the whole there are some really tough first round matches in this tournament.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #93
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually don't mind this draw at all. I like it, pretty decent.

Honestly I hate the fact that she's playing Bethanie in round 1, it can definitely be tricky but it it's probably the tough opener she needs after only three matches in Brisbane.

Then, the draw until the 4th round doesn't seem bad. Not too worried for Suarez Navarro or Cibulkova tbh, but they shouldn't be taken for granted. Voegele is the one to watch there.

For the QF is probably Jankovic who is a BYE or Petkovic. Hoping the latter will make it, I want revenge for that AO 2011 match, and she should make it competitive. Unless Halep wakes up because she was dire in Sydney.

Then for the SF.. The Guest... Who has to go through Agatha or Karolina McIlroy (that's gonna be fun to watch)

Overall, not that bad. Still, match by match. But with this draw defending the SF points is definitely not mission impossible.

Why not, get to the final and go all the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Can I just say on the whole there are some really tough first round matches in this tournament.
Indeed, there is.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #94
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
and go all the way?

Indeed, there is.
That's why Maria Plays!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #95
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
That's why Maria Plays!
Well duh.

Completely agreed!

But I'm just taking it match by match.. Also, it's WTA so she'll probably face someone we don't expect along the way.

Hoping for the very best at the end of the fortnight for our girl.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #96
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

I don't like the first round, then the draw is very good.

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 05:27 AM   #97
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

this draw looks like a gr8 opportunity for Maria to make it deep into the later rounds and possibly get to the final where anything can happen. drawing her pigeon jj in the quarters is a nice stroke of luck and I'm not too concerned about vika in the possible semi round. I think Maria can beat her. hopefully she doesn't start like a bat out of hell in the first 2 rounds only to run out of steam and gas by the second week. I want Maria to play her way into match shape so I don't mind a few tough matches as long as she settles into her groove. come on Masha I want a second Aussie Open to go along with 2008!
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #98
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a bad draw at all.
It will mostly depend on how Maria will play.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM   #99
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

It is definitely a draw that Maria can manage well if she can keep a decent game level.
I also have a small concern about R1 against Bethanie, I hope Maria does not get into one of her erratic matches.
Good luck Maria.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #100
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i like the draw, SF against Vika is very possible, then who knows if Serena will be on the other side seen

but one match at the time, good luck Maria

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 08:54 AM   #101
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka's half

Nothing more to add other than to reiterate what others have said - good draw, but tricky R1. I'm sure she won't underestimate BMS.
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #102
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
^^ Hello mate, I think you really enjoy Maria's and especially Novak's draw, right?
Indeed I am But, honestly, for the sake of tennis, it's not a good draw, not balanced at all, one day we have Nadal, Fed, Murray and DelPo playing and on the other day Novak and top 10 flops (no disrespect to Ferrer, Berdych and Stan, but they are nothing compared to the other players close to their ranking positions, although I would make an exception for Stan, he does know how to play some breathtaking tennis). Anyway, I fully expect Novak to get to the final stage, and then we shall see what's gonna happen.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM   #103
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

She could thrash Mattek or she might need three sets. But I think she'll win. For some reason I'm not smelling a potential upset here. Davai!

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #104
country flag wehan6

wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light wehan6 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm really nervous for this slamI need maria to win a slam this year,and AO/FO seems like the only two slams she really has a chance.Don't want to be negative,but I don't see her winning W/USO.If her game is on and her serve isn't letting her down,only one person can stop her,and she can only meet that person in the final.Really,really looking forward to that possible vika-masha SF.Like I said,if maria brings her A game,i really see her defeating vika,even though AO is like her ''playground'' now.Good luck maria,will be cheering you on!
wehan6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #105
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Masha's quarter and her possible opponents to the QF

R1 Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)

R2 Paula Ormaechea (ARG) - Karin Knapp (ITA)

R3 Alize Cornet (FRA) - Polona Hercog (SLO) - Camila Giorgi (ITA) - Storm Sanders (AUS)

R4 Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) - Vania King (USA) - Galina Voskobova (KAZ) - Qualifier (?) - Khristina Miadenovic (FRA) - Stefanie Voegele (SUI) - Francesca Schiavone (ITA) - Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote