Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #61
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
The more I watch Petra, the more I appreciate Maria, Serena, and Vika. I respect the amount of professionalism they display day in and day out.

Maria loses matches to lower ranked players, like Wimbledon to Lacher de Brito and Cincinnati to Stephens. But, there're always reasons behind it even though we may not know about it. Still, even in those matches, with shoulder almost falling apart, she put out a good fight to the end.

It's a privilege to be a fan of Maria Sharapova.
Could not agree more with this. Especially after this latest lay off, I'm more grateful than ever that she is even playing, and I think I'll be able to enjoy and appreciate her game more than I did in the past, 'cause I wasn't such a big stan that I am today when 2008 happened, so it didn't really have an impact of this kind on me...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #62
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
The more I watch Petra, the more I appreciate Maria, Serena, and Vika. I respect the amount of professionalism they display day in and day out.

Maria loses matches to lower ranked players, like Wimbledon to Lacher de Brito and Cincinnati to Stephens. But, there're always reasons behind it even though we may not know about it. Still, even in those matches, with shoulder almost falling apart, she put out a good fight to the end.

It's a privilege to be a fan of Maria Sharapova.
True I agree with every single word What I like about Maria is that, she always goes on the court and fights as hard as she can no matter what, and that she treats every opponent the same. Serena, OTOH, you could see that sometimes (usually not in slams) she just didn't give a fck, and just played enough to win, or her body language looked like she wanted to get out of the court asap, and you could see Tankrena or Idontcareaboutnonslamsrena there, and of course she tried very hard against Maria and Vika like her life depended on those matches But after coming back in 2011, she has played with her whole heart more than in the past.

Last edited by Fiercepova : Jan 9th, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
Fiercepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #63
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Could not agree more with this. Especially after this latest lay off, I'm more grateful than ever that she is even playing, and I think I'll be able to enjoy and appreciate her game more than I did in the past, 'cause I wasn't such a big stan that I am today when 2008 happened, so it didn't really have an impact of this kind on me...
Lucky you Those 10 months happened from August to May, so that was exactly a whole school year for me Usually when she was playing, let's say, next week, I'm like "Okay let's try to survive this week, then I'll be able to see her play next week!" But during those times, oh gosh, I could not remember how I was able to survive during that time waiting for Maria to really come back, seeing her withdraw from tournaments to tournaments I always said to myself, after waiting for Maria for 10 months, such a long ass layoff, I could wait for anything
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #64
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm backkkk

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #65
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
I'm backkkk
Great!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #66
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
True I agree with every single word What I like about Maria is that, she always goes on the court and fights as hard as she can no matter what, and that she treats every opponent the same. Serena, OTOH, you could see that sometimes (usually not in slams) she just didn't give a fck, and just played enough to win, or her body language looked like she wanted to get out of the court asap, and you could see Tankrena or Idontcareaboutnonslamsrena there, and of course she tried very hard against Maria and Vika like her life depended on those matches But after coming back in 2011, she has played with her whole heart more than in the past.
in bold i see no lies

i like her the most, and she is my fave and #1 tennis player i stan for simply because her worth ethic and stubbornes and dedication to do everything possible to win, be better and improve herself. watching her how she appreciate that she has chance to play back in high level after surgery is really insiprational,she is such a great role model how athelete should be dedicated to the sport they are training

i like kvitova too, i see so many potential in her, and i wonder what maria would do if she had elements of game that kvitova has (those volleys, dropshots ). i think with work wthic and dedication that she has she would be so damn good (i hope that i made the point and that everyone understood me, english is not my fist language, and i use it passive for many years so i flop with grammar badly )

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #67
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Agreed. These three ladies are definitely the pinnacle of the current WTA. This AO should be good.

Though Maria has been away, she is back with a vengeance her groundstrokes, depth of her returns and even her net play at the SF in Brisbane were very encouraging. On the form shown I expect her to reach the SF at least.

Serena is chasing GS 18 and Vika is going for three in a row AO titles. Should be good
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 06:50 PM   #68
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I don't want to come to a conclusion too fast, but I would be more shocked if Vika defends her title than I was when Schiavone won that RG Truth be told, she didn't even properly deserve that second one either, so with her recent level, there's no way in hell she'll lift that trophy again this year

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #69
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

See the Draw life on Youtube in around 3 hours from now
I assume that Masha chances to reach the final depends on if she's on Azarenka's half or Williams's of the draw - At the other hand - no one says that either of those two can't be defeated in an earlier round
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:43 PM   #70
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

I assume Maria will be in Serena's half.
Whenever Slam's draw is out, number 1-3 are in the same half of the draw and 2-4 are in another.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #71
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

Link: Australian Open Homepage

Link: Current Melbourne Time and a short description of the weather conditions and temperature

Link: Here's a good Streaming Site

Rod Laver Stadium - Melbourne

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Jan 9th, 2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #72
country flag MashaFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
I assume Maria will be in Serena's half.
Whenever Slam's draw is out, number 1-3 are in the same half of the draw and 2-4 are in another.
That's to bad - So climbing a spot on the rankings after Brisbane probably was not in her advantage in Melbourne - I assume that Masha's chances to defeat Azarenka are better than her chances against S. Williams

Last edited by MashaFan01 : Jan 9th, 2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #73
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
That's to bad - So climbing a spot on the rankings after Brisbane probably was not in her advantage in Melbourne
It isn't definite that she's in Serena's half. It's still 50/50 even though it hasn't worked out that way previous times
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #74
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

are you guys watching the live draw???

i hope maria lands in vika's half.
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #75
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Australian Open ‏@AustralianOpen 1m
Our official draw begins at 10:30am this morning! Entry to come & watch at Melbourne Park is FREE! Wld love to see u there #ausopen
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote