Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 10:03 AM   #31
country flag Ziggy88

Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light Ziggy88 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Loved the 2010 outfit but hated the result badly�� Anything that Maria wears.. She rocks!
Ziggy88 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #32
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold
Re: Official Australian Open 2014: New Season, New Coach, 'New Shoulder' and New Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
still love 2010's
me too top 3 dresses she ever worn

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #33
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Nooo I am firmly in the '2010 was a monstrosity' camp - love the base colour though.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #34
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I love her 2010 dress too Too bad that we could only see that in only 1 match She has had so many beautiful outfits in the past, but it all ended in flop slams and flop results, such as AO 2010, Wim 2008, USO 2007 night, USO 2010 night
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #35
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold

I think it would help Maria if she played Doubles or Mixed Doubles.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM   #36
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

A big no. It would result in her being fatigued for her singles. Maria is not Serena. Remember in USO 2012, Maria just played 2 3-setters before, and she looked a little tired in her semi against Vika already. Well and I'm sure if she had got through that match, she would have got humiliated by Serena in the final cause she got nothing left in the tank, just like her QF against Domi in RG 09.

That's why getting through many 3-setters is already tough for Maria, let alone playing doubles.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 02:05 PM   #37
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Nooo I am firmly in the '2010 was a monstrosity' camp - love the base colour though.
Same. I got an impression that a giant seaweed was playing tennis

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:26 PM   #38
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Same. I got an impression that a giant seaweed was playing tennis
LOL. This is a good one. That dress was also labeled as "peasant-chic" by some newspaper....
However, I just loved it. I loved when Maria was having sport and fashion flirting in her dresses. Another great one was the white tuxedo at Wimbledon 2008.

I wish she would go back to that approach and experiment a bit more with her outfits, although as we all know with her body she looks great in just about anything.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM   #39
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
LOL. This is a good one. That dress was also labeled as "peasant-chic" by some newspaper....
However, I just loved it. I loved when Maria was having sport and fashion flirting in her dresses. Another great one was the white tuxedo at Wimbledon 2008.

I wish she would go back to that approach and experiment a bit more with her outfits, although as we all know with her body she looks great in just about anything.
I completely agree with this, but... I do think that Nike saw the marketing potential in Maria with her own line, and creating those unique peaces for mass production is simply not an option. Imagine making hundreds of dresses like her US Open 2006 night one (which to this day remains my favorite outfit that she ever wore on a tennis court). So they reverted to more sporty outfits, which I do like, although I wish that they would play a little bit more with some discreet prints and patterns, and not just colors. That being said, she did have some very good outfits in the latest years, my faves being US Open 2011 night dress (which not a lot of people seemed to like ), French 2012, Rome 2011...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #40
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

good luck Maria

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:45 PM   #41
country flag MrWaagh
Venus fan!

MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute MrWaagh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Maria!
MrWaagh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #42
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Maria . I am really hoping that she gets to the QF here at least .

I want a tough draw for her really, cause that's the only way for me to be sure that she'll take it seriously from the get go and plays well. I want to see more variety coming from her ala 2008 and a rematch with either Azarenka or Serena would be appreciated.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #43
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

She has a tendency to waste easy draw so I agree with you Mr.Sharapova, it will be good for her approach if she gets tough draw.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #44
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

With regards to her dress, Martha's slam dresses should never really cater to a mass audience, it should combine fashion and utility ideally, but it should never be boring IMO. Nike has her minions and Sarin/Vika for the mass market stuff. USO 2006 night dress is indeed the peak of Nike's work with Martha.

Anyhow, I'll be there during the first week of AO, hopefully Martha does not flop. Excited!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #45
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I assume Masha will be in Serena's half no? For the past two years the third seed has been in the top half. Dress-wise I'd rather the attention stay away from her dresses with more focus on her tennis especially during this time in her career and after coming back again. Although what I think Nike should do is design bespoke dresses for her at the slams and sell a watered down version for the masses.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote