Anett Kontaveit - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM   #2401
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
BTW, out of curiosity, does Anett now become 3rd Alternate for MD as they will put in Alternate in if the Qualifiers have not finished right... I never knew she even intended to play Hobart
Lucky-loser would get the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Even if she does get to play the Qualies, she'd still have to hang around for two weeks before she can play in Burnie. The scheduling of the ITF tournaments in Australia/New Zealand is weird, imo there should be some 25 or 50s to play during the AO as well for all of those who won't make it to MD.
Burnie has always been locals (and regular guests) + girls who played AO juniors.

About a tournament during the first week of AO... Every Australian remotely good enough would be ineligible to play. Also everyone else who played in Sydney/Hobart and AO qualifying would be ineligible.

Last edited by Meelis : Jan 4th, 2014 at 10:49 PM.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #2402
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Lucky-loser would get the spot.

Burnie has always been locals (and regular guests) + girls who played AO juniors.

About a tournament during the first week of AO... Every Australian remotely good enough would be ineligible to play. Also everyone else who played in Sydney/Hobart and AO qualifying would be ineligible.
They could have one in Week 2...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #2403
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

They don't want it to collide with AO, which is way more important
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #2404
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Plus that means the juniors will miss out

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:44 AM   #2405
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
They don't want it to collide with AO, which is way more important
New Zealand could have a 25K That's kinda like the Nottingham thing although that is actually legitimate given the Surface change Still, I just think it's appropriate and many big 2 week tournaments do it

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:42 AM   #2406
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
New Zealand could have a 25K That's kinda like the Nottingham thing although that is actually legitimate given the Surface change Still, I just think it's appropriate and many big 2 week tournaments do it
Isnt there usually a 25k in NZL at the beginning of the year has it been announced or is it not going on? I think maybe in 2013 it wasnt held as well though

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:04 AM   #2407
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Isnt there usually a 25k in NZL at the beginning of the year has it been announced or is it not going on? I think maybe in 2013 it wasnt held as well though

It was held in Wellington in 2012 but didn't continue last year or this year. They could make a lot of money by having a large 64 player Qualifying Draw and having it in the 2nd week of AO

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #2408
country flag chingching

Anett hit with Sachie Ishizu, Mayo Hibi and Channel Simmonds today from 12-1 PM in melbourne Maybe she has befriended her nemesis Anyway, nice to see her practicing Do you have to pay to practice or anything like that? Because Ying-Ying Duan has her own practice session so why wouldn't Anett try and go alone or with only 1 other person...

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:04 AM   #2409
country flag Kəv.

Anett better make qualies, I wanna see her play

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #2410
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Anett better make qualies, I wanna see her play
She's 15th alt according to the most recent update, so the chance is basically nonexistent now I guess
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #2411
country flag chingching

Yes she will only get in if people are stuck in other tournaments playing Doubs or if people pull-out with injury... The not sures like Marcinkevica are all piling into Melbourne now Still, it's karma for not playing any of many tournaments after Bendigo.

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:05 PM   #2412
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

She withdrew from Sunderland, but is still on the list for Andrezieux-Boutheon at the moment. I guess maybe she wanted to make sure that she'll be in MD, although she would have been most likely in Sunderland as well
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #2413
country flag chingching

If we are going just off P1s she is 14th in MD Some of the players are good but in top form she can beat them all This tournament will be the weakest it's ever been: wasn't the MD cut-off like 150 one year

Also, Anett may plan to play Paris Qualifying which she may have the ranking to do because IIRC it always had a low cut-off but that may have been when it was after Fed Cup

EDIT: It used to be very weak when it was after Fed Cup (327 in 2011) but it is still decently weak since it was before it (190 last year). I really hope she plays the 15K after Tallinn: 25 easy points which could, with a good showing in Andrezieux-Boutheon defending her Burnie points, push her quite close to the Top 200 Nothing really to defend after that till Moscow the week before RG

Last edited by chingching : Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2414
country flag lenc

lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all lenc is a name known to all

Quote:
Still, it's karma for not playing any of many tournaments after Bendigo.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the Bendigo tournaments filled her event limit for the year and she couldn't play any more after them
lenc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #2415
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenc View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the Bendigo tournaments filled her event limit for the year and she couldn't play any more after them
No she could play 1 or 2 more depending on whether her 1st Round loss in Edinburgh counted