Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29 - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #436
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
semi at the very least...
Frankly, anything less than winning the title are all the same; but it will be what it is.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #437
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

If her returns remain as good as they have been, she will make the finals.....always unpredictable whether her serve will improve or not....but if she keeps returning well, it is likely to stay pretty good. With her physical condition, the long rallies will wear down a lot of opponents.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:16 PM   #438
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Finally saw some highlights, and I've never been more excited about a loss to Serena, if that makes any sense
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:33 PM   #439
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

She played and won more netpoints than all of her oppoenents this week, and neither of them were some powerless pusher standing miles away the baseline. She looked way more willingful to go to the net at some points than before. It is promising.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #440
country flag Minimaa

Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold Minimaa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Finally saw some highlights, and I've never been more excited about a loss to Serena, if that makes any sense
Makes perfect sense! That is the best I have seen her play against Serena in a long time. She seemed confident, looked soo fit and played with loads of self belief. I am so looking forward to the AO. On her showing in Brisbane, I'm hopeful that she will get to the SF at least
Minimaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 04:47 PM   #441
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimaa View Post
Makes perfect sense! That is the best I have seen her play against Serena in a long time. She seemed confident, looked soo fit and played with loads of self belief. I am so looking forward to the AO. On her showing in Brisbane, I'm hopeful that she will get to the SF at least
Yes it does make sense. That 2nd set tie break could have gone either way. I thought Maria played amazing. I was so proud of her. Feel she could do very well in Melbourne. Bring it on!
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #442
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Kvitova is finally playing like 2011 Wimbledon Final all over again, she will be dangerous at 2014 AO.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #443
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Kvitova is finally playing like 2011 Wimbledon Final all over again, she will be dangerous at 2014 AO.
I have been thinking that too. Hope she's not in Maria's quarter.
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #444
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I have been thinking that too. Hope she's not in Maria's quarter.
I hope she plays Petra at the AO, I love their matches
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 11:27 AM   #445
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Petra is on fire i hope she will snatch rena on vika's wig

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM   #446
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You do?
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #447
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Seriously? I usually have heart attacks during them, I still remember that AO 2012 SF, gave me so much life which lasted for about a day Anyway, I really think that Petra is one of the worse match ups for Maria, which didn't really come to fruition much, because of Petra's usually bad form pretty much since Wimbledon 2011, but when she is on, she is one of the rare people who have the potential to dictate points against Maria and completely throw her off her comfort zone. So, in the name of that, I would rather see Petra stick to the other side of the draw. Although, that being said, Petra is Petra, so she can either get through to the quarters/semis or bomb out in R1, it's really 50:50

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #448
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Seriously? I usually have heart attacks during them, I still remember that AO 2012 SF, gave me so much life which lasted for about a day Anyway, I really think that Petra is one of the worse match ups for Maria, which didn't really come to fruition much, because of Petra's usually bad form pretty much since Wimbledon 2011, but when she is on, she is one of the rare people who have the potential to dictate points against Maria and completely throw her off her comfort zone. So, in the name of that, I would rather see Petra stick to the other side of the draw. Although, that being said, Petra is Petra, so she can either get through to the quarters/semis or bomb out in R1, it's really 50:50
Honestly, it's for these reasons that I love their matches. They're so even when they're at their best. I have the same feelings before their matches as I do before matches against Vika, the difference being I don't wish for Petra's death at the hands of Maria's backhand . Anyway, I find their matches exciting and enjoyable to watch when they're both on (that Stuttgart match ), and she's my second favorite Maria rivalry after Vika

We should probably be discussing this in the AO thread, but whatever .
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #449
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Honestly, it's for these reasons that I love their matches. They're so even when they're at their best. I have the same feelings before their matches as I do before matches against Vika, the difference being I don't wish for Petra's death at the hands of Maria's backhand . Anyway, I find their matches exciting and enjoyable to watch when they're both on (that Stuttgart match ), and she's my second favorite Maria rivalry after Vika

We should probably be discussing this in the AO thread, but whatever .
Dead I tried so hard to attain at least some kind of likability for Vika, but she just makes it so hard, I even usually root for Serena (who is by a big margin my least favorite player) when they play each other. Anyway, back to the topic, I agree with everything you said, I actually like Petra and her game a lot, but honestly she rarely brings her A game to the table, we shall see how this new apparent improvement in her level will carry on to the Open. And it doesn't matter which thread, as long as we end up discussing some valid points

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #450
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

Maria seems to be in a place now, where it should notmatter who she plays. She looks the best physically that I can remember. It is not that she cannot lose...of course she can, but I have hopes that this will be a year of consistently strong performances, minus unexpected dips. that should yield good results.