Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM   #871
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Hmm, maybe. I just thought it odd that she wasn't firing herself up the way she usually does and chastising/coaching herself after bad shots in the way she normally does. It was like she was expecting to not have a chance of winning.
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #872
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Is she a robot ?? She was the last player who ended 2013.. after 50+ matches in 5 months
It was a disaster. Any decently playing opponent would have double bageled her.

But, you are right. The start of the year is always pulling some surprises. Players who started later into the off-season preparation because they had a longer year are still rusty and players that are already in full match-practice can take advantage.

However, if Simona knows that she needs a lot of matches to get into rhythm and she needs it as it is not the first time she is performing like that after a longer break (against Hsieh in Cincinnati), she should have played in calendar week 1 already because her self-confidence is surely suffering. However, she ended up reaching Cinci QF after shaking up the rust, so I'm optimistic that she will perform well at the AO.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still hoping for the best and know how amazing her progress over the last year has been, but this is not a reason for me to support everything she does from now on. A match like this shouldn't happen anymore and I hope she learned from it.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 5th, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #873
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Hmm, maybe. I just thought it odd that she wasn't firing herself up the way she usually does and chastising/coaching herself after bad shots in the way she normally does. It was like she was expecting to not have a chance of winning.
Yep, as if she didn't feel ready to compete on the tour already.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #874
country flag Cosimo

Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all Cosimo is a name known to all

I think she just wanted to take another few days of holiday for herself, to rest a little longer. That's all. She just isn't prepared yet to absorb the stress of a tournament and I understand her. Maybe she will be ready at the AO, but now I honestly doubt it. She seems very tired indeed. I think the first opportunity for her now to do something important is Paris.
But we'll see. Maybe she will surprise us at the AO.
Cosimo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #875
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Regardless of the loss but i think simona should hire a coach

i think she was wrong when she fired the coach without having the alternate

any coach is better than no coach .. all the great players in atp , wta don't play without a coach

i don't understand what was simona thinking when she took this decision after her magnificent season .. every thing was very good so why is taking the risk ?

Simna Halep
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #876

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it did seem a strange decision to deliberately go it alone for however long. But maybe she felt constricted by having a coach all year? Wasn't there something said at the time she parted ways with Adrian Marcu - something like she wants to improve her self-reliance and confidence in herself by trying it alone for a while?

Did you notice at the match yesterday they showed 2 men in the crowd? It was only very quick for 1 or 2 seconds. On BT Sport the commentator said they were Simona's team. In the brief glance we got I didn't immediately recognise them. I'm not sure if one of them was her hitting partner - isn't he the young guy that sat next to Marcu at Sofia and other tournaments? Perhaps he is doing a semi-coaching role as well as being her hitting partner?
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #877

Simona's R1 doubles match with Raluca Olaru is against Babos & Safarova.

It's the 3rd match on Court 8 Monday immediately following Sorana's R1 singles match. It's the lowest of the 6 courts so the chances of it being streamed are 0.00000% I think.

Hopefully, it will help her to sharpen up.
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #878
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.. she needs some practice
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #879
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmen View Post
She always starts slowly. Keys came out blazing with powerful serving and stunned her i think. Too much xmas cheer. Maybe she hasnt acclimatised yet. It was hot today in sydney.
I agree. She didn't look fit at all. Plus she had big problems with the court speed, maybe because she was tired and she clearly wasn't in the mood to play a consistent attacking game as she used to last year. When she decided to take the control it was too late and still many mistakes, plus getting overpowered at times. And that serve damn it. 3 double faults in a single game.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #880
country flag Zumzzet

Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light Zumzzet is a glorious beacon of light

i think that she will be outsider at A.O in the eyes of other players.This is an advantage cuz she will be underestimated . She needs a little time to accommodate with weather from AUS and the surface of A.O.
Then, she will grow match by match and we will see her in top.
Zumzzet is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #881
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

We can't say that Simona played bad, she didn't play at all! She simply was absent minded last night on Sidney court. Such things happens to everybody. Hopefully, this was an isolated accident. Come on Simona, top 10 is waiting for you!
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:27 PM   #882
country flag mido1988

mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of mido1988 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Wasn't there something said at the time she parted ways with Adrian Marcu - something like she wants to improve her self-reliance and confidence in herself by trying it alone for a while?
yes i remember that .. simona mentioned this in some interviews

but i still don't understand and the reasons she mentioned couldn't convince me

+

very good that simona will participate in doubles .. she needs more matches badly .. hope she plays at least 2 matches that would be very useful .. come on simo

Simna Halep

Last edited by mido1988 : Jan 5th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #883
country flag george2210

george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold george2210 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
I'm not sure if one of them was her hitting partner - isn't he the young guy that sat next to Marcu at Sofia and other tournaments? Perhaps he is doing a semi-coaching role as well as being her hitting partner?
I don't know if he was at Sofia. Simona's sparring partner is Bogdan Borza, he is 16 years old, and he is for sure not semi-coach. Maybe Simona is a semi-coach for him
george2210 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #884
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

But Marcu couldn't be her coach this year, her manager said that he couldn't travel with Simona anymore therefore he wasn't a solution. Strange is that she decided to be alone instead of trying to get a coach with a good portfolio. She said that her time alone in the same period last year helped her a lot, but it looks like she is playing the same as she did last year when was alone. Of course, it's one match, but she looked unmotivated and without a game plan.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by george2210 View Post
I don't know if he was at Sofia. Simona's sparring partner is Bogdan Borza, he is 16 years old, and he is for sure not semi-coach. Maybe Simona is a semi-coach for him
Oh, ok, so if her hitting partner is 16, who is this guy (in the blue shirt) who sat next to Marcu at lots of Simona's matches? He's definitely not 16 - too bald! I didn't have enough time to notice if he was one of the 2 guys at Sydney for Simona.

The pic is a screenshot from a video so not great quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sim_team.jpg (71.6 KB, 18 views)