Anett Kontaveit - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 01:35 PM   #2386
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Like you said before. Maybe shes first ALT

Ive seen it in some tournaments before where the player representative isnt even in the draw.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
But she isn't 1st Alt and now the Player MUST be competing in the tournament.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 01:50 PM   #2387
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Shes Estonian, do you think she will get a WC in Australia?

Well, she actually got one to Auckland Qualies as well initially, but didn't use it in the end as she could get in directly.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 02:02 PM   #2388
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Well, she actually got one to Auckland Qualies as well initially, but didn't use it in the end as she could get in directly.
Thats New Zealand they dont have many players.
Plus all 3 WCs for Singles have been taken (Sanders, Dellacqua and Rogowska)
I dont see her getting a WC in doubles unless she plays with an Aussie. In fact maybe she got in on her own ranking (or is playing with someone who has a good ranking) as last year Muguruza was unranked and got in with Torro-Flor and eventually won the tournament!

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 08:23 PM   #2389
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

She is/was alternate #3
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:59 AM   #2390
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Anett should've tried Sydney instead.

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:06 AM   #2391
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She is/was alternate #3
How is Shapatava 6th Alternate then

I wished she played Sydney because then I could have seen her but did she get in? SO does that mean she is just in Hobart for no reason...
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:14 AM   #2392
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Shapatava is alt #2 behind Abduraimova, who actually got in after Voegele wd. and Cadantu was moved into MD.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:27 AM   #2393
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Shapatava is alt #2 behind Abduraimova, who actually got in after Voegele wd. and Cadantu was moved into MD.
SO Anett can still get in... SO did she actually fly to Hobart just hoping she would get in
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #2394
country flag chingching

Anett has put her self on Entry Lists for the 20th (the 2nd week of AO) for 25K Sunderland (P1) and 25K Andrezieux-Boutheon. I think her logic is that if she does not make AOQ she will go back and play them rather than stick around for Burnie. Not a bad plan although it will be sad not to see her in Australia Anyway, we will see what happens
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #2395
country flag Kəv.

So much wasted time spent down here if she does go back

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #2396
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post

I wished she played Sydney because then I could have seen her but did she get in? SO does that mean she is just in Hobart for no reason...
She could be in doubles draw!

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #2397
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

She is not. With her ranking she would have needed a very good partner to make the cut.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #2398
country flag chingching

Quote:
So much wasted time spent down here if she does go back

She gets to see her boyfriend and she likes Australia and I'm sure she likes the weather. I think it all comes down to if she makes the AOQ cut and although many are doubtful I really think she can sneak in because a lot of the girls in front of her haven't played any warm-ups and may not have even left Europe yet. The next couple of days are vital. BTW, why did the Sydney cut-off drop so low

BTW, out of curiosity, does Anett now become 3rd Alternate for MD as they will put in Alternate in if the Qualifiers have not finished right... I never knew she even intended to play Hobart
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:30 PM   #2399
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Even if she does get to play the Qualies, she'd still have to hang around for two weeks before she can play in Burnie. The scheduling of the ITF tournaments in Australia/New Zealand is weird, imo there should be some 25 or 50s to play during the AO as well for all of those who won't make it to MD.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #2400
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Even if she does get to play the Qualies, she'd still have to hang around for two weeks before she can play in Burnie. The scheduling of the ITF tournaments in Australia/New Zealand is weird, imo there should be some 25 or 50s to play during the AO as well for all of those who won't make it to MD.
It's because we want all the Australians to play and we don't want foreigners because we are stingy and want to falsify Aussie rankings Although I want her to play AO I think it would be better for her to play European 25s...