The state of police brutality in the USA - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 03:15 AM   #31
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The state of police brutality in the USA

Guns are so widespread in america.

Anybody could have a gun.

Imagine if any 'rabid dog' have it: it's a question of who shoots first, a split second decision. Police aren't all devils you know.

In the end, gun control is the problem: USA failed, hence so many guns are around, hence they also tend to react brutally.

A sad state, for sure.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM   #32
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I have a question. If it is so well known, why don't the victims calmly surrender when requested by the police in the first place? Were they deaf? Or were they too raging to be out of their senses?

Of course Police brutality is to be deplored, but wanted to make that point.
Jon Burge Appeal Denied: Court Upholds Perjury Conviction In Ex-Police Commander's Torture Case

Posted: 04/01/2013 6:34 pm EDT | Updated: 04/01/2013 6:40 pm EDT

A Federal appellate court upheld the perjury
conviction against former Chicago police
commander Jon Burge. (AP Photo/Charles
Rex Arbogast)

A federal appellate court unanimously ruled to uphold the 2010 perjury conviction of Jon Burge, maintaining its view that the disgraced former Chicago police commander lied about torturing suspects in his custody.

The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals noted the “irony” of Burge's complaint — calling him a “liar” responsible for “decades of abuse that is unquestionably horrific,” the Sun-Times reports.

Monday, the court rejected the 64-year-old Burge's appeal saying no errors were committed by the lower court and that Burge got a fair trial, the Associated Press reports.

According to the Tribune, the 23-page opinion written by the three-judge panel said at the behest of Burge and his detectives, victims were “were suffocated with plastic bags, electrocuted until they lost consciousness, held down against radiators, and had loaded guns pointed at their heads during rounds of Russian roulette.”

Some of the victims who say had been tortured into giving false confessions have since been exonerated — and in many cases, compensated. This year alone the city has already surpassed the $27 million mark in monies it had set aside for settlements in lawsuits against the department.

Many of the payouts stem from victim's harmed under Burge's tenure.

Since his 2010 conviction, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has fought to see Burge stripped of his $3,000 a month police pension, but the motion to rehear the issue was denied in January.

Burge is currently serving a 4 1/2 year sentence and is expected to be released on Valentine's Day of 2015.

[Huffington Post]

His sentence is a slap on the wrist. Want more? I can provide it, if you're too lazy to search for yourself.

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:58 AM   #33
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guns are so widespread in america.

Anybody could have a gun.

Imagine if any 'rabid dog' have it: it's a question of who shoots first, a split second decision. Police aren't all devils you know.

In the end, gun control is the problem: USA failed, hence so many guns are around, hence they also tend to react brutally.

A sad state, for sure.
And those "self-proclaimed law enforcement officials" who shoot 1st and last when their victim doesn't have a gun, i.e., Trayvon Martin's killer. Fuck you and your cop worship!

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 02:05 PM   #34
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
Not unlike you, strangely enough.
or you

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 03:58 PM   #35
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Death penalty for cop killer Ronell Wilson
Murderous thug Ronell Wilson, who killed two undercover NYPD detectives in cold blood, was sentenced to death by lethal injection for the second time by a federal jury.

BY JOHN MARZULLI / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: WEDNESDAY, JULY 24, 2013, 5:25 PM
UPDATED: THURSDAY, JULY 25, 2013, 7:06 AM
Print
Ronell Wilson in 2003 after his arrest in the murder of two police officers.
ALBANS/NEWS

Ronell Wilson in 2003 after his arrest in the murder of two police officers. He has been sentenced to death Wednesday in Federal court.
The front page of the News on March 12, 2003.
DAILY NEWS

The front page of the News on March 12, 2003.
Finally the cop killer will be put to death.

Murderous thug Ronell Wilson, who killed two undercover NYPD detectives in cold blood, was sentenced to death by lethal injection for the second time by a federal jury.

The extraordinary sentence was delivered by the jury foreman after just five hours of deliberations in Brooklyn Federal Court.

The jury deciding whether cop killer Ronell Wilson lives or dies viewed a disturbing video of the violent thug being forcibly restrained by a special response team of prison guards.
The jury deciding whether cop killer Ronell Wilson lives or dies viewed a disturbing video of the violent thug being forcibly restrained by a special response team of prison guards.

Wilson, 31, who was emotionless as the foreman read the verdict, received the death penalty from a different jury in 2007 after his first trial. That sentence was overturned by the U.S. Court of Appeals due to prosecutorial error.

Wilson was convicted by the first jury of the execution-style shootings of Detectives Rodney Andrews and James Nemorin in Staten Island during a March 10, 2003 gun buy-and-bust operation that went bad. Andrews was shot first, and then Nemorin as he begged for his life.

After shooting both detectives, Wilson rifled their pockets looking for cash then dumped their bodies in a Staten Island street like trash.

Ronell Wilson in federal court in Brooklyn from last Aug, where he was convicted in the execution-style slaying of two undercover police officers.
JANE ROSENBERG/AP

Ronell Wilson in federal court in Brooklyn from last Aug, where he was convicted in the execution-style slaying of two undercover police officers.

"I popped them," Wilson, covered with the detectives' blood, bragged to members of his crew later.

"It's satisfaction," Rodney Andrews Sr. said outside Brooklyn Federal Court, adding he would like to attend Wilson's execution.

Wilson's older sister DePetra McMaster sobbed loudly in the courtroom. Wilson's mother Cheryl listened to the verdict stone-faced, rubbing her distraught daughter's hand.

NYPD Detective Rodney Andrews, killed by Ronell Wilson.
RICHARD HARBUS/FOR NY DAILY NEWS

NYPD Detective Rodney Andrews, killed by Ronell Wilson.

Wilson's guilt was not an issue in the re-sentencing trial over the past month and the jurors made quick work of the price he'd pay.

Defense lawyers had offered 24 mitigating factors in favor of a life sentence over death by lethal injection, including Wilson's chaotic and impoverished childhood, that he was classified as emotionally disturbed and learning disabled as a youngster, and that he did not know his victims were cops.

But it became clear that Wilson was doomed when the foreman declared on page 6 of the 22-page verdict form that the jury found prosecutors had proved the defendant remained a serious threat to the safety of others, even in prison.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2pLraXkNR
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 06:22 PM   #36
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
And those "self-proclaimed law enforcement officials" who shoot 1st and last when their victim doesn't have a gun, i.e., Trayvon Martin's killer. Fuck you and your cop worship!
JN I'm very disappointed in you. When did I say All cases are like that? And when did I worship cop? Can't you read?

So, are all cops evil? Surely not all cops fire without warning first? Again, if the victims were raving mad and didn't heed the warning, what should the cops do then? Say, what if the victim had a gun?

Why are you stark raving mad like I described earlier?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 08:13 PM   #37
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
JN I'm very disappointed in you. When did I say All cases are like that? And when did I worship cop? Can't you read?

So, are all cops evil? Surely not all cops fire without warning first? Again, if the victims were raving mad and didn't heed the warning, what should the cops do then? Say, what if the victim had a gun?

Why are you stark raving mad like I described earlier?
Huh???

Anyhow, where I'm from, police brutality happens far too often to the point of it being a hobby or pastime.

And if you still aren't gettin' it:

Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:42 PM   #38
country flag fantic

Quote:
Huh???

Anyhow, where I'm from, police brutality happens far too often to the point of it being a hobby or pastime.

Maybe 'Fuck you' is normal from where you live as well, then. If that's not a rant, then I dunno what rant is.

And when did I worship cop? I demand an apology. You're not really different from those cops you accuse in your violent behavior (and reading incomprehension).

Your place of living doesn't justify every wrong you commit.

I think I'll just put you on ignore. Any form of barbarism is best, ignored.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #39
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

N.H. Supreme Court Upholds Cop Killer's Conviction

November 06, 2013 |

The New Hampshire Supreme Court today upheld Michael Addison’s conviction for capital murder of a Manchester police officer but did not pass final judgement on his death sentence, saying additional review is needed, the Concord Monitor reports.

In a 243-page ruling released at 1 p.m., the high court affirmed Addison’s conviction for fatally shooting Officer Michael Briggs in October 2006.

Officer Michael Briggs (Photo: Manchester PD)
Officer Michael Briggs (Photo: Manchester PD)

But the court said it requires additional time and information before ruling on whether the death sentence was a proportional penalty given other, similar cases.

Addison was the first person sentenced to death in New Hampshire for killing a police officer, and would be the first person executed by the state since 1939.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/pat...onviction.aspx
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #40
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh???

lol, why do you even bother with people like these who are so invested in everything "black", and probably never even mingled with us before. These type of people are all over the net and I stopped paying them any mind awhile back cause they're hopeless.

They wouldn't understand that blackmen like us have had multiple run-ins with the cops by the time we're 16 just by doing nothing, and by the time we're fucken 25 we know everything we need to know about those assholes and their society.

And you being in Chicago too...hehehe...shit man, I can just imagine but my cousins grew up there so I kinda know

lol@ "JN the barbarian"
JLG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #41
country flag JLG

JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute JLG has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's funny that the barbarians were the ones who started the whole global colonization, brutality and murder of millions too, while they sit their prickish asses on a fuggen internet board slanderin people that don't look like them.

I seriously wish they would jump off that "black" shit and worry about what really affects their fucken lives...and if they're educated, they're the dumbest educated assholes I ever saw
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #42
country flag JLG

And what is this, the fucken news? We don't need to read an asshole cherry-picking "black crime" from any specific American city on a gotdamn tennis site.

Post about your white contemporaries who murder, rape and rob in YOUR neighborhood or city, because that affects YOU....not US and what we do, cause I KNOW you don't live or mingle with anything black.

Other words worry about you and yours and get the fuck out our business
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 03:52 AM   #43
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
lol, why do you even bother with people like these who are so invested in everything "black", and probably never even mingled with us before. These type of people are all over the net and I stopped paying them any mind awhile back cause they're hopeless.

They wouldn't understand that blackmen like us have had multiple run-ins with the cops by the time we're 16 just by doing nothing, and by the time we're fucken 25 we know everything we need to know about those assholes and their society.

And you being in Chicago too...hehehe...shit man, I can just imagine but my cousins grew up there so I kinda know

lol@ "JN the barbarian"
It's no bother, I like taking them out of their know-it-all comfort zones. And as I've noted many times before, TF "trolls" are a peculiar bunch in that they, more often than not, actually believe the crap they spew, and aren't used to having it tossed back in their faces by so many at once.

Wait, someone called me a "barbarian"?

SN:

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:09 AM   #44
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLG View Post
I think it's funny that the barbarians were the ones who started the whole global colonization, brutality and murder of millions too, while they sit their prickish asses on a fuggen internet board slanderin people that don't look like them.

I seriously wish they would jump off that "black" shit and worry about what really affects their fucken lives...and if they're educated, they're the dumbest educated assholes I ever saw
Word.

Sisters, brothers and the whities
Blacks and the crackers
Police and their backers
They're all political actors

Smoke, the pill and the dope
Educated fools
From uneducated schools

Pimping people is the rule
Polluted water in the pool
[/center]

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/curti...wereallgo.html

Related: Curtis might be too Black for 'em, so: Rebelution - Educated Fools

Old Jan 5th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #45
country flag JLG

You just uncovered a remix in there I never heard....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Ax42xDIzM#t=122