The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #121
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
You don't give blood? Why not, if you don't mind me asking? Saves lives, plus free tea and biscuits! And yeah, the size of my veins is on of my finest qualities
I've have a blood transfusion so can't, although the free biscuits would otherwise be tempting. Saying that I severely dislike having blood taken (psychologically scarred by a nurse earlier in life...) so would probably struggle with it anyway.
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #122
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I only gave blood once, because even though I was fine during the actual process, afterwards I projectile vomited all over some poor stranger
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM   #123

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Anyone want to give Laura a hug after her last fb vid?
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 11:11 PM   #124
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Anyone want to give Laura a hug after her last fb vid?
Poor Laurita was "not emotionally ready" to be stung by a wasp.

It brings back memories of Wimbledon 2009 when she was savagely attacked by a bee during her junior singles match against Sally Peers. The Daily Telegraph commented:

Quote:
The most problematic incident for Laura Robson during her straightforward 6-3, 6-2 defeat of Sally Peers came when a bee chose the exact moment when the No 2 seed was serving for the match in which to come in for a kiss. But, as with her opponent across the net, Robson swished the little blighter aside and swept into the third round of the girls' singles.
Highlights of the match, including Laura's confrontation with the bee (at matchpoint, no less!), are on BBC Sport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8127332.stm
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #125
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

Hope everyone's had a good Xmas!
Defo ready for a new season after a long break from tennis.
I'm expecting another rollercoaster season from Laura but hopefully a first WTA title is not too much to ask for?
What are your goals/targets this season for Laura?
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #126
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

In an ideal world she'd end the season in the top 25, reach the second week of all the slams (unless ya know she draws Serena) and win a WTA title. Doing at least one of those would make me happy.
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #127
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Robson has withdrawn due to wrist injury.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:39 AM   #128
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Ali, when making result threads remember to put which tournament too.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:40 AM   #129
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

There's a reason I don't do it often

I've edited it into the title now though.
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #130
country flag KeysisGOAT

I'd forgotten how toxic GM gets. During the off season it's just inane. During the season it gets annoying. During the bigger tournaments it gets vile.

Goddamn, I hate how this forum is run. You've got Admins who don't make decisions, mods who don't do enough and 50,000 assholes allowed to run rampant because of it.
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:09 PM   #131

I just don't go there. Easier.
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #132

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
I'd forgotten how toxic GM gets. During the off season it's just inane. During the season it gets annoying. During the bigger tournaments it gets vile.

Goddamn, I hate how this forum is run. You've got Admins who don't make decisions, mods who don't do enough and 50,000 assholes allowed to run rampant because of it.
Results thread, I take it?
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #133
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
I just don't go there. Easier.
Eh, I still haven't given up on modding it, so that's not really an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Results thread, I take it?
Partially, but it was the Gen Suckmore thread that triggered that post. So many threads exist just so that pathetic people can spew bile behind a veil on anonymity knowing full well that the Mods and Admins will not do a fucking thing about it.
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #134

Oh yeah, I just avoided that thread completely. So much bitterness on this board. Used to really wind me up, and there was a period of time when I didn't go in GM for months, but now I just think it's hilarious. These people lead such sad little lives, their sense of worth seems to almost entirely derive from the successes of the player they support, and being allowed to tear down those who they deem unworthy.
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 06:14 AM   #135
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

BlueTrees is SO pathetic.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....5&postcount=45

Laura is literally irrelevant in GM these days. Yet he needs to bring her name up all the time. When can that guy just leave her alone, he's got a weird obsession with her. He claims to hate her yet he can't stop bringing her name up.