Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:18 AM   #166
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

WUT??

I wanted Maria to have more matches before the Semis

Kanepi could be a tough match, really like her game and wish her the best unless she's playing Maria

But just 2 matches before a probable Serena semi
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM   #167
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Barty withdrew with an injury.

Masha vs Kanepi now in the QF.
Any link that can confirm this? - I can't find anything about it on Brisbane's official homepage?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:24 AM   #168
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Shame, I too think she needs match practice, which was kind of the point of playing Brisbane in the first place. Anyway, one tiny part of me is glad, 'cause this means I won't miss any of her matches Kanepi though should be a nice test

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:26 AM   #169
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
Any link that can confirm this? - I can't find anything about it on Brisbane's official homepage?
https://twitter.com/BrisbaneTennis

Reason: torn left adductor muscle

Was really looking forward to this match especially after seeing her win vs Hantuchova. A shame really, she has withdrawn from Hobart as well.

I also don't like the fact that this match won't take place, as you'll have said, Maria NEEDS the matches.

This will be their first meeting on hardcourt.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM   #170
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
https://twitter.com/BrisbaneTennis
Reason: torn left adductor muscle
Thanks!
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM   #171
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Damn, not good, we need to see her more!
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM   #172
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I wish she had played Auckland, but then again it's better to be right back in the action with the top players than vulturing lower ranked players and we all know with Masha it's quality > quantity. Hope Barty recovers but I'm sure Masha will be prepared guys. Kaia is actually one of the more helpful players she could've met because of her hard/deep attacking which could set her up for Serena. I'd rather Kaia than the likes of Errani or Kerber etc.

Also it helps me out because her mach was scheduled at 1.30am for me…on NYE
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 10:52 AM   #173
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

I was watching Maria's highlights yesterday and she definitely changed her motion of serve. Her forehand looked different also but I can't figure out what it is !

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM   #174
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

That Serena results thread is as messy at her air swing at the net
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM   #175
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
I was watching Maria's highlights yesterday and she definitely changed her motion of serve. Her forehand looked different also but I can't figure out what it is !
Yup, I noticed that too, her forehand has changed, especially her cross court one . I don't know how exactly but it seems as if she's flattened that shot, removing the spin from it
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM   #176

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
WUT??

I wanted Maria to have more matches before the Semis

Kanepi could be a tough match, really like her game and wish her the best unless she's playing Maria

But just 2 matches before a probable Serena semi
I think we're gonna end up having a Jankovic-Maria semi .

I wanted to see Maria play more but anyway. I hope she's ready for the big hitters now .
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:28 AM   #177
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post

I wanted to see Maria play more but anyway. I hope she's ready for the big hitters now .

That cannot be possible. Maria is in the same half as Serena whereas Jankovic is in the same half as Azarenka.

Maria and Jankovic can only play against each other in the final.
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:29 AM   #178
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post

Isn't Empress in Vika's half?
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM   #179

Quote:

That cannot be possible. Maria is in the same half as Serena whereas Jankovic is in the same half as Azarenka.

Maria and Jankovic can only play against each other in the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Isn't Empress in Vika's half?
. Wishful thinking I guess
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #180
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Ashleigh Barty has withdrawn from Brisbane International - Australian Open Series 2014 due to injury. Hopefully she can get well soon
So Maria Sharapova advances to QF of Brisban Open 2014 and will face Kaia Kanepi on Thursday Jan 2, 2014.
H2H: 2-0 for Maria

* FRENCH OPEN 2012
Maria Sharapova def Kaia Kanepi 6-2 6-3
Highlight https://vimeo.com/album/2650099/video/82962234

* MADRID 2013
Maria Sharapova def Kaia Kanepi6-2 6-4
Highlight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtnR...hPozwt&index=4
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote