Anett Kontaveit - Page 159 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 12:42 AM   #2371
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett lost to Ishizu 6-3 1-6 6-3

Although Ishizu has improved in many ways from what I can tell following the Scores here and in Margaret River and looking at the Statistics, Anett definitely should have won this match IMO. I didn't see the 1st Set so I don't know what happened but I turned on the Scoreboard literally 2 Seconds before the start of the 2nd and followed it the whole way. Anett dominated as much as she did against Rogers. Ishizu won nearly no points on serve especially until 5-0 Anett and it was clear to me that Anett was playing well not Ishizu the other way around. However, when we got to the 3rd Set Anett won very few points on Ishizu's Serve, gave a way a lot of points at 15-15s and 40-30s where if she had played a bit better she could have really pushed for some BP opportunities and lost her 1st Serve. She seemed a bit deflated after not taking her BP at 1-1 as Ishizu ran off with a few quick games. Anett did make a good push and had 15-30 at 5-3* but gave Ishizu some points on her 2nd Serve which earlier in the match she had not done, perhaps getting tense. Anyway, it's sad she could not gain some points and take advantage of what was probably the best Round 1 draw possible and we didn't get to see her against a better opponent on a stream but this has still, at least in my eyes been a successful week for Anett and if she makes AOQ or even if she doesn't and she just plays Burnie, it will have been a big confidence boost and warmed her up well for her next tournament and maybe for the rest of the season. It still leaves a sour taste in my mouth that the one match she lost was to the lowest ranked player she played all week, the match we expected her to win the most, a player she has beaten before and a match where after the 2nd she was in the best position to win. Maybe that combined with the fact it was the best she had ever done at a WTA got in her head? Anyway, she must move on if she wants to do well in her upcoming tournaments and the positives outweigh the negatives here IMO. Great signs for the future and hopefully she can build on this and slowly make her way towards the Top 100

P.S. It appears I was right when I said this match was following the same as her match vs Mironova at the end of the 2nd Maybe she would have done better against Cirstea or Wickmayer where she wouldn't have had the pressure and she would have played more aggressive players? Anett doesn't normally play as well against Asians as Americans and Europeans... Not a great way to finish the year for her although she did finish it like she has finished many matches this year

Some good news though is that here is a larger part of Anett's match vs Irina with sound

Anett got lucky a few times 1st on Set Point Falconi when she netted that sitter, then on a ball that was out and called in, and then because Falconi was stupid a missed some shots

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.

Last edited by chingching : Dec 31st, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2013, 05:03 AM   #2372
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Disappointing loss especially after she had won the second set so convincingly. But all in all it was a decent week for her, she just needs more time to get used to playing on these bigger venues.
Btw the other qualifiers both won their matches in 2 sets
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 05:30 AM   #2373
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Disappointing loss especially after she had won the second set so convincingly. But all in all it was a decent week for her, she just needs more time to get used to playing on these bigger venues.
Btw the other qualifiers both won their matches in 2 sets
Yeah I'm not surprised about Fichman because not only is she a bad match-up for Sorana but she almost beat her at USO. Pliskova is a surprise though. Anett is starting to do the 2nd Set thing a lot where she starts badly and then she relaxes and plays well and then she becomes complacent so loses. At the end she had opportunities which she didn't have earlier so it was a bit of too little too late. Still, pretty great for her First serious WTA event in almost 2 years

Quote:
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM   #2374
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
v disappointing indeed. blew a big chance to make it to R2. guess she ran out of steam at the end plus psychologically it was a tough one in that it was totally winnable. overall still a good start to the new season.

is it just me or does someone else think anett should drop a few kilos? currently there's a bit too much bulk to drag around the court. if she wants to break through as pro, she needs to act like one and amongst other things think about diet. i bet she'd lose a few kilos right away if she cut out dairy and gluten from her diet. dropping a few kilos would do wonders for both her endurance and agility, not to mention of reducing stress in joints. hardcourts are a bitch for feet generally, so anything one can do to relieve pressure on knees and ankles is good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 07:20 AM   #2375
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardball View Post
v disappointing indeed. blew a big chance to make it to R2. guess she ran out of steam at the end plus psychologically it was a tough one in that it was totally winnable. overall still a good start to the new season.

is it just me or does someone else think anett should drop a few kilos? currently there's a bit too much bulk to drag around the court. if she wants to break through as pro, she needs to act like one and amongst other things think about diet. i bet she'd lose a few kilos right away if she cut out dairy and gluten from her diet. dropping a few kilos would do wonders for both her endurance and agility, not to mention of reducing stress in joints. hardcourts are a bitch for feet generally, so anything one can do to relieve pressure on knees and ankles is good.

Yeah in the long run I definitely agree. Her movement is not bad but I do think if she loses a few kilos it will make everything easier She doesn't need to worry too much right now as it isn't too much of a hindrance and it could just be hormones. Some of it will probably naturally drop off. But if it doesn't I do agree with you

Quote:
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 09:16 AM   #2376
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing end to a good tournament. She beat 3 top 200 players to qualify and lost to a player ranked outside top 200 and who she easily beat not a long time ago in MD
But it was a good tournament anyway
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 09:57 AM   #2377
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Disappointing end to a good tournament. She beat 3 top 200 players to qualify and lost to a player ranked outside top 200 and who she easily beat not a long time ago in MD
But it was a good tournament anyway
I think that Ishizu might have improved. I understand Anett can be up and down but I think Ishizu must have done something to trigger a bad 1st Set which unfortunately I couldn't follow and then finish her off in the 3rd. And Ishizu did she mental strength earlier in the tournament when she beat Jones saving match points, recovered to finish Rezai in a 3rd Set TB after being up 5-1 and then beating Min easily. I hope she's improved for Anett's sake and anyway from the footage I have seen of her she would always have been a bad match-up for Anett it's just that now she is 100% focused on Tennis and not studying any more she is able to achieve some of the things people expected after her Juniors career

Quote:
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:47 AM   #2378
country flag chingching

Sachie just beat Goerges
This really explains why Anett had a tough time against her. it also makes me sad though that Anett could be in a QF...
Anyway, juki who watched the match said that Sachie had improved her Serve and Concentration just as I thought and those things I think really caused Anett trouble and was why Sachie was able to bounce back so well in the 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki
She seemed mentally fried at the end of the match, thankfully Julia was even more exhausted. Sachie has definitely improved her serve and concentration, but still needs work on being able to hit the ball pushed wide or on the run. This was what she talked about last year as her weakness, and definitely still needs some work. Overall a tough, scrappy win, and no doubt a huge confidence boost. Up to around #165 in rankings also.

Quote:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:28 AM   #2379
country flag chingching

Ishizu only lost to Flipkens 6-4 7-5 and even led 5-2* in the 2nd Anett's loss seems OK now

Quote:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM   #2380
country flag chingching

People I think Anett got a MDWC to Hobart because there has been quite a debacle on twitter as she was the "Player Representative" for the Hobart Qualifying Draw. That person makes the Draw but must be in either MD or Qualies and Anett is not in Qualies I wonder why I think she may have gotten Ash's one

http://www.hobartinternational.com.a...014/01/QS1.pdf

I used to think that the "Player Representative" was the 1st Alternate but apparently not. I think that is goodbye for AOQ though Hopefully a good draw

Quote:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM   #2381
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Storm got Ashs WC
http://www.hobartinternational.com.au/2014/01/wildcard-given-to-storm-sanders

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM   #2382
country flag chingching

Well I am quite sure Anett got a WC unless she got one for Doubles... But I find it hard to believe she would accept it instead of AOQ...

Quote:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM   #2383
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Shes Estonian, do you think she will get a WC in Australia?

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM   #2384
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Shes Estonian, do you think she will get a WC in Australia?

Then why was she Player Representative? You MUST be competing in the tournament and she wouldn't have gotten any DAs...

Quote:
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 12:32 PM   #2385
country flag Kəv.

Like you said before. Maybe shes first ALT

Ive seen it in some tournaments before where the player representative isnt even in the draw.