The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #106
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Staying up till 12AM revising Biology. And also trying to finish off my 2500 word essay on the French Revolution.

Wooooo lucky me.
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #107
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Staying up till 12AM revising Biology. And also trying to finish off my 2500 word essay on the French Revolution.

Wooooo lucky me.
Hang in there . Good luck with the essay

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #108
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Well, Randal Munroe has officially won the internet with his latest what if blog.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #109
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Just (1/2?) week to go till Auckland! The Robborollacoaster starts again.

Thinking of ways to make the new cheering thread exciting... hmm.
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #110
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:

Yes , just 12 days

Are you done school for this (calendar) year ?
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #111
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:

Part of me is really excited for the new season, thinking it can't be as bad as last year. Then the other side thinks 'oh but it can be...'. So yeah not sure I'm ready for the stress yet at least in the off season you still have hope

I am sooo bad at coming up with good names for cheering threads.
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #112
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Part of me is really excited for the new season, thinking it can't be as bad as last year. Then the other side thinks 'oh but it can be...'. So yeah not sure I'm ready for the stress yet at least in the off season you still have hope

You guys sometimes...
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #113
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:

Well, last season wasn't actually that bad. It certainly wasn't much worse than her previous season, overall. What the problem with Laura is is the difference between her highs and lows. When she's on, she shows the kind of skill befitting a top 10 or better player. When she's off, she looks like she doesn't belong in the top 100. I honestly hope the difference between Laura's highs and lows is less this year, even if it means her best performance is worse than her best of the 2013 season.

It could have been worse, she could have had Heather's season.

Except for the last line, I suspect that I'll be able to use this exact post next year.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #114

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

The slam results were perfectly good last year, 3R, 4R, 3R and hence next year could definitely be worse, but outside of them it was pretty thin pickings. One QF all year which came at what was (I think) her penultimate tournie and a couple of 1R losing streaks. I agree she must reduce the difference between her top and bottom levels, hopefully through raising her minimum rather than reducing her max!

And yes I agree, losing sucks but as long as your (relatively) injury free (and don't suddenly retire!) nothing is ever too bad.
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #115
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

I just hope Laura continues her great form at the grand slams. At least if she gets a good draw, she could hopefully get to a QF/SF then her ranking will sky rocket and that should help her at the smaller tournaments too (in theory).
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #116
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

I haven't said this any other year but I really do have a good feeling about this year for Lozza, it seems she has really upped her pre-season in contrast to other years.

Probably reading way too in to it but I can't help but think that sometimes Heather and Laura try to compete against one another on twitter and facebook, both of them showing how hard they've been working in the off season with harder training techniques every time and just yesterday Laura posted a training session with Jamie Hampton to which Heather just responded with a training session with Kvitova haha!! Entertaining to think if at least

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #117
country flag KeysisGOAT

I don't know if any of you guys give platelets, but I'm currently sat in a Donor centre, and will be for the next hour and a half while they do the Hokey Cokey with my blood. It's exactly as boring as it sounds
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #118

Never given blood myself but one of the girls in my office was talking about this yesterday. She regularly gives blood but was turned down for giving platelets as apparently you need large veins and hers were too small. So take it yours are of the requisite size.
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #119
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I was going to Auckland women's rather than men's now. The field actually looks more appealing to me than the men's which I was hoping would be more interesting. It's only my third time seeing a pro tourney so it'll still be cool, but besides Benoit Paire there's no player going to men's Auckland I'd be like "Oh I'll die if I don't see them live", and it doesn't even look like Almagro or Giraldo (another couple of players it would be cool to see live there) are returning.

I'll have fun no matter what, but I think in this instance I made the wrong decision . Oh well.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #120
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Never given blood myself but one of the girls in my office was talking about this yesterday. She regularly gives blood but was turned down for giving platelets as apparently you need large veins and hers were too small. So take it yours are of the requisite size.
You don't give blood? Why not, if you don't mind me asking? Saves lives, plus free tea and biscuits! And yeah, the size of my veins is on of my finest qualities