Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #76
country flag RadWANDska

RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future RadWANDska has a brilliant future
Re: Do Sharapova and Williams Lack Moxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Have you considered getting more flexible hours? (sorry to go OT)
RadWANDska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #77
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Players like Agnieszka and Birnerova are players that show much moxy on and off the court by going out of their comfort zone and attending player's parties, holiday events, and what have you.
Where I come from, it's spelled 'moxie' and it means something completely different. Like they perform under pressure, even if they don;t look good doing it.

Guess I've aged out of social relevance.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #78
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Nonsense but . . if you think I go overboard, I must be doing many things right. So thanks.

BTW Do you not see the areas that you really do - constantly - go overboard in?
How you reached that conclusion is beyond me.

People don't often see what others do, so why don't you tell me.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #79
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Where I come from, it's spelled 'moxie' and it means something completely different. Like they perform under pressure, even if they don;t look good doing it.

Guess I've aged out of social relevance.
I'm fairly old myself, I just learned the urban version a few days ago.

Tennis Tipping:
Winner at ITF Dothan Singles
Winner at ITF Vero Beach, Trnava, Poitiers, Vall d'Uxó, Zawada, and Saint Malo Doubles (w/ DJDVD)
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #80
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

To the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #81
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It takes much [whatever word you really meant] to do things outside of your career.
Appear on multiple TV shows, as an actress. not as a 'celebrity'
Sell your own line of candy
Modeling
Appear in the 'Body' issue of ESPN the mag
Design clothes
Learn to speak foreign languages
Own a piece of a professional football team

Did you just start following tennis last summer?

The rap on Serena Williams for her whole career has been 'too MANY outside interests'

And Maria Sharapova makes literally four or five times money in other ventures than she does on the court. That 25 million a year is mostly NOT made as a tennis player. And when she retires, most of those chances to make money will go with her. Seen Anna Kournikova recently?

If somebody gave Agnieszka Radwanska the choice of making an extra ten million a year doing the endorsement circuit, or going out partying with the other players, what do you think she'd pick?
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #82
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Serena and Sharapova lack determination and nerve? Girl no. It's the rest of the top 75 that lacks moxie.

And don't be throwing attitude around. It's not everyone else's job to deduce what your erroneous definition of moxie is. Open a dictionary before you open a thread.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!

Last edited by égalité : Dec 14th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #83

Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold Freak3yman84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Appear on multiple TV shows, as an actress. not as a 'celebrity'
Sell your own line of candy
Modeling
Appear in the 'Body' issue of ESPN the mag
Design clothes
Learn to speak foreign languages
Own a piece of a professional football team

Did you just start following tennis last summer?

The rap on Serena Williams for her whole career has been 'too MANY outside interests'

And Maria Sharapova makes literally four or five times money in other ventures than she does on the court. That 25 million a year is mostly NOT made as a tennis player. And when she retires, most of those chances to make money will go with her. Seen Anna Kournikova recently?

If somebody gave Agnieszka Radwanska the choice of making an extra ten million a year doing the endorsement circuit, or going out partying with the other players, what do you think she'd pick?
Agnieszka is a beauty. I would want to marry all 3 players if I could.

There ventures off the court have nothing to do with other tennis players, is what I meant.

Why do they not chill with other coworkers?

Tennis Tipping:
Winner at ITF Vero Beach, Trnava, Poitiers, Vall d'Uxó, Zawada, and Saint Malo Doubles (w/ DJDVD)
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #84
Volcana

Quote:
Why do they not chill with other coworkers?
I don't know that they don't. I know we don't see pictures of it.

I'm quite sure both of them try to do their socializing away from paparazzi. Any off-court pictures of them we see are pictures they wanted seen.
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #85

Quote:
I don't know that they don't. I know we don't see pictures of it.

I'm quite sure both of them try to do their socializing away from paparazzi. Any off-court pictures of them we see are pictures they wanted seen.
You think Caroline Wozniacki wanted this photo to be seen?

They sometimes don't get to choose, and photos get taken to make other men hornies.

Tennis Tipping:
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #86
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You think Caroline Wozniacki wanted this photo to be seen?

They sometimes don't get to choose, and photos get taken to make other men hornies.
Yes.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #87
country flag Blind Watchmaker

Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Why are people even taking this thread seriously
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #88
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Another Maria-Serena thread...

What is moxy?
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #89
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They're perhaps the top 2 tennis players to ever play the game, but I can't help but feel like they lack the moxy (for lack of a better term) that most top 75 tennis players do.

Players like Agnieszka and Birnerova are players that show much moxy on and off the court by going out of their comfort zone and attending player's parties, holiday events, and what have you.

Does anyone agree?
What?

What?

What???

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #90
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Another Maria-Serena thread...

What is moxy?
This one doesn't count cause nobody has any idea what the hell this person is talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote