The most satisfying shot in tennis? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which shot gives you the most satisfaction?

Backhand overhead 12 7.64%
Stop volley or swinging volley 21 13.38%
Big serve down the T on deuce or ad courts 33 21.02%
Sliding serve ace out wide on the decuce court (ad for lefty) 12 7.64%
Running forehand down the line 58 36.94%
Offensive Topspin lob 16 10.19%
Backhand down the line 60 38.22%
Wrong footing winner with the opponent running in the opposite direction 28 17.83%
Return of serve clean winner 66 42.04%
Drop shot 24 15.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #31
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The most satisfying shot in tennis?

The shot that came immediately to mind when reading this thread is a running forehand winner down the line after a long rally, say a la peak Capriati's helicopter forehand.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #32
country flag JJ all the way

JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute JJ all the way has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite is anyshot with the player landing in a split
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #33
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Return of serve clean winner
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #34
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I should add that I only had 10 options for the poll and didn't want to just have an "Other" category. But as mentioned by some of you guys, the overhead smash and inside out forehand winners are also very satisfying.

Feel free to add any shot you want

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #35
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Backhand down the line winner.

or for me, I love my inside out forehand or backhand dropshot and drop volleys
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #36
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

Inside out backhand ROS winner
Backhand dtl wrong footing winner
2nd serve Ace
Oh, and this
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ all the way View Post
My favorite is anyshot with the player landing in a split
VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #37
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Backhand down the line. Followed by the drop shot.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #38
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Return winner, although only the GOAT ones, it depends on the serve.
The lob is fucking sublime also, and the running FH at the end of long rallies too.

It's not an option but Maria's slice BH winners DTL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #39
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

a la Serena ROS winners.I lov when she hits them and i try to do them too
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #40
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajaloo View Post
OMG these gifs are all Williams demolishing Sharapoop

I picked BHDTL
I know, Serena fans are so insecure
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #41
country flag James Wolfe

James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of

If my opponent is foolish enough to rush the net, they're begging me to nail them.

Ivan Lendl - the master of intimidation - perfected this art:

'Firm but Fair' was Lendl's motto.
James Wolfe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #42
country flag Onslow

Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of Onslow has much to be proud of

drop shot, of course...
Onslow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #43
country flag shoryuken

shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute shoryuken has a reputation beyond repute

Lord's favorite - BHDTL

https://twitter.com/serenawilliams/s...44447848685568

\ /
I IV
serenaslam.tumblr.com
shoryuken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #44
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Angles are very satisfying for me too - to watch and to play.

Nothing like hitting a Seles-like loopy two-handed forehand crosscourt angle and backed with a angled two-handed backhand crosscourt to the other side. That's what I call satisfaction.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #45
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

This poll makes me realize I don't like the same shots as most people at all. I mean, all my favorite shots got the least votes (so far)!

I just don't care much of great returns, aces, down the line backhands or forehands on the run, these are common winners to me, not so entertaining to watch.

Nothing like a stop volley, a backhand overhead or a drop shot. Different aesthetics I guess.

That said, it all depends on the style of the player as well.
Hugues Daniel is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote