Your first live match... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of
Your first live match...

I'm planning to go to my first ever tournament next year, the Aegon Classic in Birmingham, can't wait.

Wimbledon is pretty much impossible to get tickets for, so the Birmingham one is the only one i can manage, it's local too.

What was your first live match like, did it live up to expectations?

Thinking of going to the semi-finals and final... what seats are best, from the side or behind?

It would be great if i would see one of my faves there at least.

Last edited by venusinfurs : Dec 9th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
venusinfurs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #2
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your first live match...

It was at Fed Cup in Holland where I saw Olga Barabanschikova vs Tina Pisnik.
Later I have been at about 20 tournaments, mainly in Germany...

From side are the best to see it...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #3
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

Rosmalen 2002 final Daniilidou - Dementieva.
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #4
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, I has never been LIVE at a Finals in WTA's i prefered Qualies and the early rounds...

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #5
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of venusinfurs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Btw, I has never been LIVE at a Finals in WTA's i prefered Qualies and the early rounds...
really? how come?
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #6
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

The first match I saw live was in Miami at the Sony Ericsson, in 2007 I guess. I think it must have been Hingis, on the stadium, or possibly Henin, but probably Hingis, shortly after 11AM in the middle of the week. There weren't a lot of people, and the atmosphere was pretty lackluster, but I learned after years of practice that the fun matches were on the outer courts.

In the big stadiums, I prefer sitting behind the baseline, because it gives you a "TV view" like you are accustomed to, but everybody has their own preferences. When you go to a bigger tourney, and can go earlier in the event, when more matches are going on, you learn that you'll usually have more fun, and get closer to the action, and the players, on the outer courts. I much prefer the sightlines and experience of watching matches on the secondary courts.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #7
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

dementieva playing a completely hopeless dud of a match to get routined by medina garrigues in new haven 2005.
outside courts/early rounds are usually more fun i think. feels more intimate. but it's also tons of fun to watch the biggest names.
and it will surely live up to expectations. just the consistency and power they can all hit with, even scrubs, is worth going to check out.
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #8
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
really? how come?
So I can see all the players in early rounds and not just 4 in SF and F... due to work/money I was not able to stay the whole week...

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #9
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
So I can see all the players in early rounds and not just 4 in SF and F...
do you pay for a day then, not per match?
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #10
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I remembered exactly when my first live match was, but I've been going to the USO since I was I don't know, 7 or 8 years old? I was there the day Agassi retired, but was in Armstrong, unfortunately, but was able to hear the 10 minute standing ovation. It was amazing

Anyway, I don't know. I've been really lucky to have been able to go every year, and added Indian Wells to my tournament schedule last year. Looking forward to going back again in 2014
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #11
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

My first live match was in Cincy 2009 I drove down for the QF/SF/F. And my first live match I saw was Peng vs. Safina

Wasn't a huge fan of either of those players but it was the match that was on centre court. Since then I've learned some things about going to tournaments --> i.e. only going to the early rounds and qualifying. See way more matches for a cheaper price. And since my boyfriend and I are such big fans of tennis anyway, we know so many of the lower ranked players so it really isn't a big deal.

Have been to the past two USO's in 2012 and 2013 and the past two years of Cincinnati as well. Qualifying for Cincy this year and last year I actually was interning at the event so I was there for the entire event. Really great experience.

Slams I think again the earlier rounds have the most value. Have been the first week the past two years and it's been amazing. Can't wait to go to the other 3 slams

Oh and also, if there's an ITF in your area I would recommend those as well

Have been to Midland 100k in MI the past two years and that's amazing as well. In some ways, better than pro events. You can get so close to the players, talk to them, ask for pictures, etc. The guests are allowed in the "lounge" area where the players are hanging out and using the computers so it's nice to see how they act in that time as well. Seeing Jamie Hampton on FB

And I can't remember who it was but there was a player we saw who was on TF checking the results
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
French Open 2013 Finalist (w/New_balls_please)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #12
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
really? how come?
It's much more interesting to walk around small courts, to watch different matches,
to feel an atmosphere of the tournament than just to see some final or semifinal at a stadium with a big crowd
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #13
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

and I liked to see my fave Pisnik og Magui Serna, and they had lost before the SF userly...

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #14
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't a real match but, World Team Tennis 2010 in Kansas City. My best friend bought the tickets as an early birthday gift because Davenport was slated to play. So I got to watch Lindsay practice, beat the crap out of Jarmila Gajdasova, yell at the chair (yes, even in a glorified exhibition), and then I got to meet her and got an autograph, a hug and she made fun of me for being a full foot shorter than her.
hurricanejeanne is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #15
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Amelia Island 2008 Sharapova Vs. Bondarenko. It was a really good match for a budding clayPova actually. Then I went to Charleston and saw her and Serena in the quarterfinal!

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote