Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2566
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

Mandy Nice win!! Unfortunately, TCP lost...

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2567
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
I am happy and sad for her either. Happy because she has another solid top 100 win although Vekic in the end of the match was obviously a bit injured. But this doesn't do down Mandy's performance as well coz it happened in the last end of the match as sources on twitter told.

But I'm sad too because I think Mandy would have loved it to win this championship together with her team. The manager was praising her for giving all she had for her team last week!

But all in all Mandy had a great competition with good wins over Alize Lim, Mayr and Vekic. She likes it to be responsible for her team as number one I guess

She can be that satisfied with the last weeks at all and look forward to South Africa and Australia. Also the matches with Kvitova, Stephens, even Serena and Woz this year were bringing a long term effect on her game! Pls correct me and bring me down to earth but I really think she's made an important step within her career!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 02:12 AM   #2568
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Mandy beat Donna twice in a row...
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:33 PM   #2569
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of

Interview in English with Mandy from Captiva (short part at 0:30, longer one at 4:27)

Her attitude is very positive!

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #2570
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Shes so sweet she speaks english well too.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #2571
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy Minella
November 30
We can all make a change with a donation to Médecins Sans Frontières - Luxembourg to help countries like the Philippines,Syria and central Africa.

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2572
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy made the AOMD!! Cut-off was 107 and Mandy is at 106!

Bally

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #2573
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Mandy made the AOMD!! Cut-off was 107 and Mandy is at 106!
This is not that surprising

Mandy announced it early after her win in Captiva. She was just very clever and predicted her ranking.

I like her positive attitude. She had a difficult season and was going down in the ranking. But she never gives up. She entered every itf tournament after Luxemburg to get into AO MD! And she was improving from match to match till she had enough points. So determined! This was the reason I was so fond of the way she was winning Captiva. There was a big pressure and she was delivering.

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2574
country flag Bino

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Mandy Minella
November 30
We can all make a change with a donation to Médecins Sans Frontières - Luxembourg to help countries like the Philippines,Syria and central Africa.

So nice!

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #2575
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

I know it wasn't suprising. I was just stating how close it was. She made it by one ranking.

Bally

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2576
country flag Bino

Yeah one ranking! She's just smart. For me it wasn't that clear because I was not sure about who takes a protected ranking or not. Very important for her anyway for she has the financial basis for the next season. Even if she loses first round (what I don't hope and expect of course) she will get a lot of money (well deserved! ). She needs it for all her travelling.

Is she already in South Africa training with Chanelle Scheepers? Hope they have some fun down there besides training too!

Old Dec 6th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #2577
country flag Bino

I've found a really nice interview on RTL.lu with Mandy. There are two highlights you should watch even if you don't understand Letzebuergesch btw. her mother language

At ca. 11:00 she is asked if she is happy about to be elected into the top 10 of the most beautiful woman tennis players by the magazine L'Equipe - look at her reaction, you don't need to understand what she's saying, just watching her

She's answering in the third person of herself of course she's happy as every woman is happy about receiving compliments.

At 20:50 she is asked if a tennis player who is travelling a lot can build up a relationship and she gets a bit shy inquiring if this question is meant more in a sense of friendship or intimate ...

http://tele.rtl.lu/emissiounen/live-...e/3003521.html

In German we have the word "bezaubernd" to describe the way she's answering ...

Last edited by Bino : Dec 8th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old Dec 9th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #2578
country flag Kəv.

Mandy Minella
10 hours ago
Sunday is a restday...noooot.

Good to see her working hard

Hope shes safe, not sure if South Africa is the best place to be in now.

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #2579
country flag Kəv.

Mandy gets to witness the craziness in south africa with all these presidents and prime ministers going therr!

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2580
country flag Bino

I'm also worried about South Africa, it's a dangerous location for white people if you're at the wrong places. But I think that Chanelle is experienced enough so we don't have to be worried at all.

Lol Mandy is sleeping at the gym, I always thought she's so diligent