The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM   #91
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I believe this topic has come up in Genie's forum as well, is that right Royals? Who know's if anything's happened? Yes on the face of it it seems a bit odd that they're training at the same place and there hasn't been a single pic of them together. Genie's recent pics have all been of her training or doing sponsor stuff whilst clearly Laura's been hanging out with Jamie, Madison and Anja. Whether the coaching situation prompted this or something else did we can only guess.

Or the other option is that everything's completely fine and just don't happen to have done anything together worth tweeting/instagraming...

I hope it's the later, don't want friendship problems getting in the way of tennis right now.
Yes, it has.

Time will tell but I think they are fine
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 07:46 PM   #92
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Yeah... someone mentioned they thought Genie came across quite cold in an interview about the whole coaching situation.

Laura should have known this would be a problem, Saviano and Genie's coaching relationship was confirmed before the off season. She should have steered clear away from it all. I just hope it's not a massive falling out and they both can put it past them.

Thinking about it now, they are both in Florida and not even one picture together? There's been a war of words. It's clear.
I've already responded to this nonsense on Eugénie's 'Cheering Thread Vol. 2' (See posts #118 & #127, and also the very sensible replies by Vincey - #120 and Guichard - #122). For some reason the discussion has now spilled over onto her 'Picture Thread' as well! Everyone seems obsessed at the moment with the Laura-Génie dynamic. As Royals pointed out during that discussion, there is nothing in Génie's intonation during the radio interview to suggest she is irritated with Laura or anyone else: the idea exists purely in the imaginings of Katja and Genie_Fan. You only have to look at Laura and Génie's recent posts on social media to see that they are both in good humour and enjoying their time at Saviano's academy.
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 08:27 PM   #93
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
I've already responded to this nonsense on Eugénie's 'Cheering Thread Vol. 2' (See posts #118 & #127, and also the very sensible replies by Vincey - #120 and Guichard - #122). For some reason the discussion has now spilled over onto her 'Picture Thread' as well! Everyone seems obsessed at the moment with the Laura-Génie dynamic. As Royals pointed out during that discussion, there is nothing in Génie's intonation during the radio interview to suggest she is irritated with Laura or anyone else: the idea exists purely in the imaginings of Katja and Genie_Fan. You only have to look at Laura and Génie's recent posts on social media to see that they are both in good humour and enjoying their time at Saviano's academy.
I've heard Genie's voice in interviews enough to think she was irritated at that particular moment. Her tone changed completely when she answered that one question posed by the Rogers Sportsnet interviewer. That question must have been supplied by Caroline Cameron who works for Rogers. She was discussing the situation on Twitter with Matt Cronin when Laura announced her team.

That was Genie's 'I am all business, don't mess with me' tone. She also uses that tone in French if her Anglo accented French is challenged.

Two weeks at the same academy without a picture together? On tour if they're in the same tournament they don't go two hours without tweeting a smiling besties picture.

Also note what Saviano likes to post on FB or Twitter when his students are at the academy together. He always takes a group shot with them. Last winter/spring he had shots of Genie/Sloane/Burdette together. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't want a group shot with both Genie and Laura together just to advertise his academy.

I'm not worried, but if they go the whole winter without taking a shot together on their social streams or with Nick I'd start to wonder.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #94
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
If they are no longer friend , I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with this " fake coaching" story. Surely Genie would have called Laura/Saviano to clear any confusion if she was upset.

We are on picture watch Oh well it is the social media...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #95
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
Everyone seems obsessed at the moment with the Laura-Génie dynamic
Well it is the off season, we have nothing else to talk about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
Two weeks at the same academy without a picture together? On tour if they're in the same tournament they don't go two hours without tweeting a smiling besties picture.
I do think it's a little weird, especially when they've both been posting so many pics etc.

Quote:
Last winter/spring he had shots of Genie/Sloane/Burdette together. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't want a group shot with both Genie and Laura together just to advertise his academy.
Can you imagine if he did and they weren't stood next to each other that would really set things off...
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM   #96
country flag Paul_Ed

Paul_Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for the replies - I didn't expect to spark any real controversy, it was a simple observation.

I agree with one reply, in that if there is an issue then Laura doesn't seem at all bothered. In fact, she appears very bubbly and looking very relaxed and fit (the new lean Laura?).

I hope she goes next year injury free, in which case I have high hopes. I think the right wrist injury before the US Open this year really knocked her for six and unsettled her season after a reasonably successful Wimbledon.

QUICK UPDATE: Just looked at Saviano's web site under 'SHPT News' and on November 29th there is a post with the group picture (same one that Laura put on her Facebook recently) with Laura, coach Nick Saviano (left) and Traveling Coach Jesse Witten (2nd right). So, Saviano is obviously keen to promote their coaching relationship.

Paul.

Last edited by Paul_Ed : Dec 3rd, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Paul_Ed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 09:42 PM   #97
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
If they are no longer friend , I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with this " fake coaching" story. Surely Genie would have called Laura/Saviano to clear any confusion if she was upset.

We are on picture watch Oh well it is the social media...

Who knows? Wouldn't be the first time a 19 year old said something in a fit of emotion that has consequences. Yes we'll watch the twitter for a sign. Like waiting for white smoke to come from the chimney in Rome.
Tampering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #98
country flag guichard

Quote:
Who knows? Wouldn't be the first time a 19 year old said something in a fit of emotion that has consequences. Yes we'll watch the twitter for a sign. Like waiting for white smoke to come from the chimney in Rome.
Yes but they would have cleared it up very quickly...

Guess we will have just to wait and see

Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM   #99

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes we'll watch the twitter for a sign. Like waiting for white smoke to come from the chimney in Rome.
It's basically of comparable importance, if not more.

EDIT: on a different subject just noticed Laura's left wrist is taped in her pics from the last two days but not in any of the ones before that. Looks like she might have picked up a niggle, hopefully nothing too serious, doesn't look like it's stopped her hitting.

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Dec 3rd, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Just totally ended up staring at your new avie for 5 mins. Gif avatars always hypnotise me, Laura one's especially so
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #101
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just totally ended up staring at your new avie for 5 mins. Gif avatars always hypnotise me, Laura one's especially so
Haha I should probably do more.
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #102
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Simple things please simple minds
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Simple things please simple minds
That I can't deny, give me Laura on a loop and I'm happy

EDIT: Or a rapping Laura, loving the insta vid

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Dec 6th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #104

See Laura got to 16 on the most clicked on players on the WTA website this year. Up from #25 last year. That's the ranking that matters
Old Dec 12th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #105
country flag guichard

Quote:
See Laura got to 16 on the most clicked on players on the WTA website this year. Up from #25 last year. That's the ranking that matters
Yes