Serena: ‘We changed tennis with passion, fashion, and power’ - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #271
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future
Re: Serena: ‘We changed tennis with passion, fashion, and power’

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
Serena Trolls and Haters as usual.
And of course, the usual plebeian few.
and the Serena mob.
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #272
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post
It's obvious whose posts have been racist in this topic. For instance:

Here is what Serena actually said (bolded for emphasis):

So, despite the race-baiting post the makes a false claim, she was talking about how they changed tennis not the African American community.

If you're going to make wild accusations of racism at me, Claudia, you had better post some actual evidence.

This sort of nonsense is exactly what I mean when I say I'm weary of it. It's disgusting and insulting to everyone who has worked hard to fight racism.
None of what you posted has/had anything to do with racism.

Please take a class so you will understand what racism actually is.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #273
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena Trolls and Haters as usual.
And of course, the usual plebeian few.
50% of the posters in a thread are trolls when the other half don't agree with them. I really didn't see Serena's haters in this discussion.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM   #274
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersmiler View Post
Please let the tennis start again. I hate off season.

I know, I know.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM   #275
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstition View Post
You're very odd, why not have a thread listing everyone's losses, then? She is a 17 time champion, perhaps the Michael Jordan of her era, and yet you take the time to find every loss and every fault, which is, of course well within your rights, but sometimes it borders on the obsessive. Besides why not as someone from the States, be happy to have a champion of her caliber. You guys are spoiled, think of the Swiss with Fed and Hingis, Belgium with Henin, Clijsters, Malisse. Maybe being from a smaller country helps. I'm from a football country, we love Drogba, the Toure brothers good and bad, because not only because they fly the flag, but also because they are champions. Perhaps when you've had so many, Capriati, Davenport, Evert, and more across the generations, you've been spoiled. You may not see another tandem like Serena and Venus from the US for long still (and if you do you're lucky), why not enjoy it?
wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #276
country flag wtennisphan

wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute wtennisphan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Weird reactions of some Serena fans Probably it,s the best not to ask any question or not to clarify certain doubts about her.
And yet, you post that gif. A bit weird and not pertinent to the thread discussion.
wtennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #277
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
Because there was nothing wrong about the discussion. It ended bad that's right. But nobody accused Serena of doping.
It's funny you are helping that troll. He's not even a Halep fan, but a petty bandwagoner. He bumped a 3 yr old thread about the panic room incident that was quickly closed, and then he brought it up again in this totally unrelated thread. His intentions and insinuations are quite clear, and you know it perfectly well. You defend Halep quite well, but I would have liked to see your reaction if anyone had made only half the insinuations about Halep that he's done about Serena.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:49 PM   #278
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusinfurs View Post
he was helping me out because I was being mobbed... let's all just move on.
You were being 'corrected', and rightly so.
Your continued baseless accusation did not get the response that you wanted and you panicked.
Why post in Serena threads when all you EVER do is post non-issues and hateful replies.
Most posters understand what you're about and let it slide, but presently, you have become one nasty and despicable piece of work.
Stop trying to justify your asinine points based on hate and denigration, and posters will treat your posts with respect.
Otherwise, you get what you so vehemently desires---A deserved kick in the rear end.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #279
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future venusinfurs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell View Post
It's funny you are helping that troll. He's not even a Halep fan, but a petty bandwagoner. He bumped a 3 yr old thread about the panic room incident that was quickly closed, and then he brought it up again in this thread. His intentions and insinuations are quite clear, and you know it perfectly well. You defend Halep quite well, but I would have liked to see your reaction if anyone had made only half the insinuations about Halep that he's done about Serena.
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #280
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtennisphan View Post
You're very odd
And so it continues... the same ad hominem nonsense that started in that topic.
Quote:
why not have a thread listing everyone's losses, then?
You can ask a question like this without prefacing it with a gratuitous insult.

If you read the opening post and then look at the quotes I posted on the second page you should have the answer.
Quote:
She is a 17 time champion, perhaps the Michael Jordan of her era, and yet you take the time to find every loss and every fault, which is, of course well within your rights, but sometimes it borders on the obsessive. Besides why not as someone from the States, be happy to have a champion of her caliber. You guys are spoiled,
There were a lot of Serena worship topics at the time when I created the topic, as well as posts in that vein that greatly lacked objectivity. My post was designed to bring some of the breathless enthusiasm back to Earth. Read the comments I quoted on page two. Some of them are annoying and denigrating to other champions.

If people are free to post hyperbolic worshipful posts then I should be free to cite various facts that counter it -- without being pointlessly insulted. If you think looking at statistics is "obsessive" and a waste of time that's a matter of taste for you. Luckily for humanity others like stats and spend time with them because they're quite useful.
superstition is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:53 PM   #281
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrell View Post
It's funny you are helping that troll. He's not even a Halep fan, but a petty bandwagoner. He bumped a 3 yr old thread about the panic room incident that was quickly closed, and then he brought it up again in this thread. His intentions and insinuations are quite clear, and you know it perfectly well. You defend Halep quite well, but I would have liked to see your reaction if anyone had made only half the insinuations about Halep that he's done about Serena.
I'm not helping anybody, I just came in the discussion when he asked why Troicki was banned when he didn't take the test and Serena wasn't. Then I saw the attacks. Nothing more. I replied first surprised by the aggressivity of some posters. Then I made a mistake misunderstanding a post (first I thought it was a reply to me) and I used the f word. That's all. I didn't see any insinuations so I don't know about that. About Halep, there were many attacks during summer about her being doped, even direct attacks. I always replied with "she is doped with lot of talent and work". So can you if there is an accusation.

PART-TIME POSTER
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:54 PM   #282
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And yet, you post that gif. A bit weird and not pertinent to the thread discussion.
I just pointed that she is not so perfect. She changed the tennis in did, she make this sport to be all about power, practically killed this wonderful sport.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic,Camila Giorgi,Zarina Diyas.
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters, Na Li.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #283
country flag superstition

superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute superstition has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
None of what you posted has/had anything to do with racism.
Of course not. People can race bait whites without it being racist, right?
Quote:
Please take a class so you will understand what racism actually is.
Cute, but I have (at the undergraduate and graduate level) and I got As in all of them.

You should read Gilroy.
superstition is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #284
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of beautiful games

Quote:
You were being 'corrected', and rightly so.
Your continued baseless accusation did not get the response that you wanted and you panicked.
Why post in Serena threads when all you EVER do is post non-issues and hateful replies.
Most posters understand what you're about and let it slide, but presently, you have become one nasty and despicable piece of work.
Stop trying to justify your asinine points based on hate and denigration, and posters will treat your posts with respect.
Otherwise, you get what you so vehemently desires---A deserved kick in the rear end.
My bumps was about a comparison between then and now, which only Neko got. Never mind. I really should know by now.
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM   #285
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
I just pointed that she is not so perfect. She changed the tennis in did, she make this sport to be all about power, practically killed this wonderful sport.
For fucks sake! No one said she is perfect! Also, she killed the sport with her power? Yeah, right. There are many videos of the softer game of tennis on YouTube. Maybe you should stick to that.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote