The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM   #76
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
All those rumours about him and Laura were false then.
Who knows what could have happened before he found his way? (Though yes I'm 99.9% sure that never happened...)
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #77
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Well, good for him. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Quote:
I'm just naive, when it comes to this subject. I don't really make a judgement.

All those rumours about him and Laura were false then. (they still look alike anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Who knows what could have happened before he found his way? (Though yes I'm 99.9% sure that never happened...)
Um guys, bisexuality is a thing that exists. Hell, he even says straight up that he still has feelings for girls. Just because he's in a relationship with a guy doesn't mean he never fancied girls, nor that he never will again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Daley
Of course I still fancy girls but right now I'm dating a guy and I couldn't be happier

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Dec 2nd, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #78
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
LoL yes and he says he still fancy girls.

Last edited by guichard : Dec 2nd, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM   #79

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Um guys, bisexuality is a thing that exists. Hell, he even says straight up that he still has feelings for girls. Just because he's in a relationship with a guy doesn't mean he never fancied girls, nor that he never will again.
Haha you don't need to tell me that. Yes all options are still open for Tom
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM   #80
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, good for him. Everyone deserves to be happy.

I agree completely, happiness is something everyone deserves to have. Tom is clearly very happy and comfortable within himself now.

I still think he was trying to sugarcoat it though...(he does a plenty of female fans) I think he didn't want to alienate them completely, so maybe just said that for the sake of it.

Not saying he's lying, he may well still like girls. Just the impression I got from the video.
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:34 PM   #81
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Haha you don't need to tell me that. Yes all options are still open for Tom
I'm sure I don't, but you and Jess were both talking as if he was coming out as gay, rather than bisexual .
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #82
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Well done Tom Daley. BTW, if David Williams can be straight, then any camp man can be straight, lol. I also believe he is bi if he says he is. Some people seem to transition from straight to bi to gay, then some don't. It's up to him and how he feels, no one should force a label on him, because in the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't really matter anyway.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM   #83
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
I agree completely, happiness is something everyone deserves to have. Tom is clearly very happy and comfortable within himself now.

I still think he was trying to sugarcoat it though...(he does a plenty of female fans) I think he didn't want to alienate them completely, so maybe just said that for the sake of it.

Not saying he's lying, he may well still like girls. Just the impression I got from the video.
He's got no incentive to lie about it though. There wasn't anything that I thought was him trying to salvage his female fanbase. And honestly, how many people that are going to turn away from him for being in a relationship with a man are going to buy that he's not totally gay anyway?
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #84

Quote:
He's got no incentive to lie about it though. There wasn't anything that I thought was him trying to salvage his female fanbase. And honestly, how many people that are going to turn away from him for being in a relationship with a man are going to buy that he's not totally gay anyway?
I don't want to sound like I'm criticising him or being too harsh as what he did was really tough and I totally respect him for it, but...he does have a reason to not come out as definitely gay. Could be because he thinks people will view being bi better than being gay (whether that viewpoint is true or not is another question entirely) or to save his fanbase. There isn't that much money in diving and hysterical teenage girls certainly make up for that, why take away their dreams when they make you so much money? Of course the counter argument to that is he will attract a gay fanbase as well now (although to some extent he had that already). This way he can draw support from his fanbase (which I'm sure he will get), and whilst a lot would have stuck with him anyway he definitely would have lost some support if he came out as gay.

Of course that's the most cynical side (and I hope the wrong one). The more likely options as you say are either that he actually is bi (shock horror) or he isn't sure yet (probably most likely).
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM   #85
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future LeatherRatson has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't want to sound like I'm criticising him or being too harsh as what he did was really tough and I totally respect him for it, but...he does have a reason to not come out as definitely gay. Could be because he thinks people will view being bi better than being gay (whether that viewpoint is true or not is another question entirely) or to save his fanbase. There isn't that much money in diving and hysterical teenage girls certainly make up for that, why take away their dreams when they make you so much money?
On the other hand, anyone who is delusional enough to think they can get with Tom Daley will also probably be delusional enough to believe they can turn a gay man straight.
LeatherRatson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
On the other hand, anyone who is delusional enough to think they can get with Tom Daley will also probably be delusional enough to believe they can turn a gay man straight.
Very true
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM   #87
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to sound like I'm criticising him or being too harsh as what he did was really tough and I totally respect him for it, but...he does have a reason to not come out as definitely gay. Could be because he thinks people will view being bi better than being gay (whether that viewpoint is true or not is another question entirely) or to save his fanbase. There isn't that much money in diving and hysterical teenage girls certainly make up for that, why take away their dreams when they make you so much money? Of course the counter argument to that is he will attract a gay fanbase as well now (although to some extent he had that already). This way he can draw support from his fanbase (which I'm sure he will get), and whilst a lot would have stuck with him anyway he definitely would have lost some support if he came out as gay.

Of course that's the most cynical side (and I hope the wrong one). The more likely options as you say are either that he actually is bi (shock horror) or he isn't sure yet (probably most likely).
Everything PS said in bold, basically.
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:11 PM   #88
country flag Paul_Ed

Paul_Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to this forum, although I've been following Laura since she was 14 (and tennis in general for over 30 years!)

I've also been following this forum for over a year now, so time to join the fray...

Anyway, I thought I'd start another topic of conversation regarding Laura and Genie Bouchard; especially since it was announced recently that Laura was using Nick Saviano, the head coach for Genie. Laura and Genie must both have been in Florida at the same training camp for some weeks now, although when they do get together it doesn't usually take long before Laura Tweets a photo of them both out together, all smiles. Not so this time, as all the photos seem to be about Laura and Jamie Hampton. Is the friendship with Genie cooling, or am I reading too much into this?

Thoughts?

Paul.
Paul_Ed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #89

Welcome to the forum.

I believe this topic has come up in Genie's forum as well, is that right Royals? Who know's if anything's happened? Yes on the face of it it seems a bit odd that they're training at the same place and there hasn't been a single pic of them together. Genie's recent pics have all been of her training or doing sponsor stuff whilst clearly Laura's been hanging out with Jamie, Madison and Anja. Whether the coaching situation prompted this or something else did we can only guess.

Or the other option is that everything's completely fine and just don't happen to have done anything together worth tweeting/instagraming...

I hope it's the later, don't want friendship problems getting in the way of tennis right now.
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM   #90
Royals.

Yeah... someone mentioned they thought Genie came across quite cold in an interview about the whole coaching situation.

Laura should have known this would be a problem, Saviano and Genie's coaching relationship was confirmed before the off season. She should have steered clear away from it all. I just hope it's not a massive falling out and they both can put it past them.

Thinking about it now, they are both in Florida and not even one picture together? There's been a war of words. It's clear.