Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 170 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM   #2536
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
BTW why was she crying when she lost...
maybe she was so close to beating a top 20 player. Her fave tournament is USO so shame she couldnt get passed the 1st round as she was defending R3 pts. And she is pretty old (in terms of tennis age), maybe a missed opportunity that may not happen again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2537
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

That match was as close as she can get to beat a top 20 player at a Grand Slam (furthermore against an up and coming local star).

Out of the current top 20 players I would also give Mandy a chance to beat them if they aren't playing at their best, are Kirilenko and Suarez-Navarro.

Kerber :: Razzano :: Siniakova :: Hantuchova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Drimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM   #2538
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
maybe she was so close to beating a top 20 player. Her fave tournament is USO so shame she couldnt get passed the 1st round as she was defending R3 pts. And she is pretty old (in terms of tennis age), maybe a missed opportunity that may not happen again.

Did she have leads? Still, she was already crying by the handshake... And Stephens was quite bad that day Kev...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 09:22 AM   #2539
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she did go up *4-2 in final set I believe. I only watched the final set and from what I saw Stephens was like doing her usual (hitting middle of the court loopy shots) until Mandy cracked, or until she had an opportunity. But Mandy played pretty good except for some forehands that just sailed 5m long.

@Drimal, she has beaten Suarez Navarro before, and also on clay so yes she is capable of beating her.

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM   #2540
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Even in tiebreak she was 42 ahead if I remember correctly. Then she was left by her self belief.

Stephens wasn't that bad maybe she was playing as well as Mandy allowed it. I guess to remember Stephens by herself was expressing that she wasn't playing badly but Mandy just was playing very well. I think we have a small video even in this thread showing a short interview.

When she isn't allowed to cry after THIS MATCH, when she should be allowed ever?

I didn't know that she was beating CSN on clay. Well done!

Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2541
country flag Kəv.

I think she beat CSN in Bad Gastein where she reached the semis if I remember correctly.

Also Mandy totally had that match going to 6-6 in the tiebreak at 6-3 to Stephens she hit like this massive forehand that just landed in and then at 6-4 I think it was a long rally and she finally forced the Stephens' error. Then at 6-5 WHY WHY why did she attempt a drop volley, she had an easy put away coming for her

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2542
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Yeah I remember. I will watch it again (even if this is very painful). She wasn't 42 ahead but 31 or even 30. I just remember that I was very thrilled.

And right she was dominating even the match point rallye before that drop shot.

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM   #2543
country flag Kəv.

Im pretty sure if was 42
They both held comfortable twice then Mandy held and then broke Stephens only to get broken to love on her own serve and from there it was easy holds.

I was soo excited too I was still in bed watching it on my phone I woke up and was like wtf its 1 set all!!! Now I get heartbroken everytime I watch that match again

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2544
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

I am somehow glad that I wasn't able to see that match as I was going out that day. These are tough matches.

I think one of the most heartbroken losses for Mandy was also the Q3 loss against Krajicek at Luxembourg 8 or 9 years ago when she couldn't convert her tons of MPs (I think she had 6). She was crying in the press conference afterwards.

Kerber :: Razzano :: Siniakova :: Hantuchova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Drimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2545
country flag Kəv.

never knew that. You can understand a 20 year old young girl soo close to qualifying for her home tournament but couldnt

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2546
country flag Bino

Sorry this was a misunderstanding of course you are right. What I was meaning was the score in tiebreak. I was first saying she was 42 ahead in the tiebreak and this was wrong not your statement.

Oh yeah heartbreaking moments so many people even if they didn't see Mandy before were sad and even Stephens seemed to feel a bit sad with her.

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2547
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drimal View Post
I am somehow glad that I wasn't able to see that match as I was going out that day. These are tough matches.

I think one of the most heartbreaken losses for Mandy was the Q3 loss against Krajicek at Luxembourg 8 or 9 years ago when she couldn't convert her tons of MPs (I think she had 6). She was crying in the press conference afterwards.
She didn't get MDWC What did Mandy look like then I didn't realise she was good then

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2548
country flag Kəv.

I hope in the future when she retires she will be proud of herself!! If you think about it she is doing what she loves and earning a profit and having fun on the tour. To walk away with 66th in the world!! (If you think about it she was 66th best in the WHOLE WORLD!!) Thats quite an achievement for anyone, especially coming from Luxembourg too.

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2549
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
I hope in the future when she retires she will be proud of herself!! If you think about it she is doing what she loves and earning a profit and having fun on the tour. To walk away with 66th in the world!! (If you think about it she was 66th best in the WHOLE WORLD!!) Thats quite an achievement for anyone, especially coming from Luxembourg too.

I think coming from Luxembourg is a massive advantage Kev... But I agree, being 66th in the World at ANYTHING is amazing and given there are over 3.5 Billion women I think that the odds of that happening are small No offence but how did she get to 66... She hasn't had any particularly stand-out WTA results which come to mind aside from Bad Gastein and USO...

Old Dec 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM   #2550
country flag Bino

For my apology: Obviously this match was so painful that I displaced some details