Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #586
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep Cheering thread - volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
i have been looking forward watching this match .. thanks
mido1988 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #587
country flag mido1988

mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold mido1988 is a splendid one to behold

she had a great performance the last 6 months but from what i remember

against vinci at Top Shelf Open

against Stosur at moscow

against petra and Wozniacki new haven

mentally she was great in sf and final of sofia
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #588
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

For me, the matches against Kvitova and Wozniacki in New Haven were her best ones. But there were so many other great matches played by Simona, can't decide on a 3rd one
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #589
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

yeah, i voted on "vs Wozniacki in New Haven" at WTA site, but no effect, people elected some random Azarenka-Sharapova match as best of the year.
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #590
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
yeah, i voted on "vs Wozniacki in New Haven" at WTA site, but no effect, people elected some random Azarenka-Sharapova match as best of the year.
Well Sugarpova has a lot of fans over the world, so it's not surprizing.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #591
country flag ILC

ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all ILC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Well Sugarpova has a lot of fans over the world, so it's not surprizing.
She was on main russian TV channel at this summer, and reason of visiting Russia was her candys advertisment, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Ha ha what commenter said at 00:41:07
ILC is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #592
country flag CheddarChomper

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

To weigh in on the 'Simona's best matches of 2013' debate, I would go for:

1. Rome QF def. Jankovic
2. Sofia F def. Stosur
3. Sofia SF def. Ivanovic

The Rome QF was her most entertaining match of the season I think. Plenty of swings of momentum and full of high quality tennis by both players. Simona started to show us how calm and confident she has become even when staring defeat in the face. 3-0 down then 5-4 and 40-15 down in the 3rd and she still finds a way to win! What a gal! As she said in that New Haven interview on YouTube - "I am normal girl and I like to fight"!

I've chosen the Sofia matches rather than any from New Haven or Moscow for what they demonstrate to us about Simona (and also that they were 3 setters so were a bit more exciting.)

Sofia was the first tourney that she was expected to win (I think people were unsure about Moscow - perhaps we all thought she could win but weren't certain of her form after a disappointing Asian swing.) At Sofia we knew she should win and, apart from the first set blips in the SF and Final, she handled the pressure magnificently. She certainly knows how to focus and win.

Watching those 2 matches I was struck first by the incredible atmosphere generated by her band of fans, so loud that they nearly took the roof off! Then, after losing the first sets both times, Simona's ability to keep on believing in herself and not panic and then work out all for herself (without on-court coaching) how to turn it around and beat 2 quality players convincingly in the 2nd and 3rd sets. She seems like such an intelligent player.

By the way, I'm new round here. Can anyone tell me how to add a signature to my posts? I've looked all over the User CP and Profile and can't see it. Guess who's number one on my list of players?
CheddarChomper is online now View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #593
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
Can anyone tell me how to add a signature to my posts? I've looked all over the User CP and Profile and can't see it. Guess who's number one on my list of players?
Welcome ! Use "edit signature" in the User CP

Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #594
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarChomper View Post
To weigh in on the 'Simona's best matches of 2013' debate, I would go for:

1. Rome QF def. Jankovic
2. Sofia F def. Stosur
3. Sofia SF def. Ivanovic

The Rome QF was her most entertaining match of the season I think. Plenty of swings of momentum and full of high quality tennis by both players. Simona started to show us how calm and confident she has become even when staring defeat in the face. 3-0 down then 5-4 and 40-15 down in the 3rd and she still finds a way to win! What a gal! As she said in that New Haven interview on YouTube - "I am normal girl and I like to fight"!

I've chosen the Sofia matches rather than any from New Haven or Moscow for what they demonstrate to us about Simona (and also that they were 3 setters so were a bit more exciting.)

Sofia was the first tourney that she was expected to win (I think people were unsure about Moscow - perhaps we all thought she could win but weren't certain of her form after a disappointing Asian swing.) At Sofia we knew she should win and, apart from the first set blips in the SF and Final, she handled the pressure magnificently. She certainly knows how to focus and win.

Watching those 2 matches I was struck first by the incredible atmosphere generated by her band of fans, so loud that they nearly took the roof off! Then, after losing the first sets both times, Simona's ability to keep on believing in herself and not panic and then work out all for herself (without on-court coaching) how to turn it around and beat 2 quality players convincingly in the 2nd and 3rd sets. She seems like such an intelligent player.

By the way, I'm new round here. Can anyone tell me how to add a signature to my posts? I've looked all over the User CP and Profile and can't see it. Guess who's number one on my list of players?
Welcome in bandwagon schmandwagon and for the signature you need 100 posts and 1 week to pass since you became an member of TF
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Eugenie Bouchard,Sabine Lisicki,Maria Sharapova,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Dominika Cibulkova,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #595

CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute CheddarChomper has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, OK, thanks for the help Dan.
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #596
country flag mido1988

by the way what does the word "bandwagon" mean or used for?

iíve been seeing it alot in general messages especially in threads about simona

i used google translate and wikipedia but it didnít make sense
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #597
country flag DanLovesWTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post

i’ve been seeing it alot in general messages especially in threads about simona

i used google translate and wikipedia but it didn’t make sense
Bandwagon meanings:
To follow the group as it has the majority or a vast number of followers
OR
Suddenly giving a damn when a team gets good
OR
When someone adopts a popular point of view for the primary purpose of recognition and/or acceptance by others.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #598
country flag mido1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Bandwagon meanings:
To follow the group as it has the majority or a vast number of followers
OR
Suddenly giving a damn when a team gets good
OR
When someone adopts a popular point of view for the primary purpose of recognition and/or acceptance by others.
thank you i expected some thing like that but you gave me the certain meaning ..
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido1988 View Post

iíve been seeing it alot in general messages especially in threads about simona

i used google translate and wikipedia but it didnít make sense
Of all the bandwagons, Simona's is the best to be on!
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM   #600
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveCats View Post
Ha ha what commenter said at 00:41:07
"Simona is a small tennis computer"
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread