Laura-Ioana Andrei! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #91
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Laura-Ioana Andrei!

50K Istanbul (TUR), R32:

(Q)Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) d. (5)Nina Bratchikova (RUS) 60 10 Ret.

Wow, Laura!!!
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #92
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

LIA
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #93
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #94
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Eva Birnerova - Laura-Ioana Andrei 6-3 6-3.

When I checked the livescore it was the 2nd set and she started well. Laura had bp(s) and all was balanced. She could not keep the rhythm apparently.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #95

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Oh, Laura...
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #96

25K Monterrey (MEX), MD:

(4)Mayo Hibi (JPN) v Tori Kinard (USA)
Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) v Marcela Zacarias (MEX)
(wc)Carolina Betancourt (MEX) v Barbara Bonic (SRB)
(8)Indy De Vroome (NED) v (wc)Camila Fuentes (MEX)

Good luck, LIA!
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #97
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

25K Monterrey (MEX), R32

Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) d Marcela Zacarias (MEX) 63 62
4th seed Mayo Hibi of Japan up next in the round of 16
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #98

Well done, Laura!

Tough match against Hibi, but fingers crossed!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #99
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I remembered watching Zacarias a year ago against Abanda in the finale of a junior tournament. I thought she looked so good, great consistency but also aggressive when necessary. Sad to see she hasn't made any progress.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #100
country flag ioana_sk8r

Juniors are so unpredictable. In her case, she still has plenty of time to snap out of it & start playing well again. Hopefully she does. Mexico could use some up-and-comers.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #101
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I remembered watching Zacarias a year ago against Abanda in the finale of a junior tournament. I thought she looked so good, great consistency but also aggressive when necessary. Sad to see she hasn't made any progress.
I remember her beating Rezai a couple of years ago making people $ happy.

I think being from a tennis development country like Mexico has a lot to do with this. I have also noticed that the geographical background for that matter is likely to decide who of two equally talented players will have the better career.

If you look for instance back at the junior world championships in Biathlon a couple of years ago you will find quite an amount of Romanian athletes in the Top 10, even on the podium. Needless to say that none of them was able to fulfil his/her potential. The training facilities are a catastrophe.

It's the time between juniors and seniors where this aspect plays a decisive role.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #102
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Romanians in biathlon Now that's just ungodly !
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #103
country flag ioana_sk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
If you look for instance back at the junior world championships in Biathlon a couple of years ago you will find quite an amount of Romanian athletes in the Top 10, even on the podium. Needless to say that none of them was able to fulfil his/her potential. The training facilities are a catastrophe.
At least for sports like biathlon, skiing and ice skating you can blame the non-existent facilities for a good part of the year, but you'd think there are enough tennis courts around to support at least a few elite athletes. Somehow, though, we manage to limit their access to indoor courts in the winter to the point where even they struggle to train properly year round. Takes some talent & skill, really.
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #104

25K Monterrey (MEX), R16

(4)Mayo Hibi (JAP) d. Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) 61 60
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #105
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Everything above 10k and even if it's a weak one in Mexico at the end of the year is sadly 2 maybe even 3 steps above Andrei's capabilities.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote