BREAKING: Martina Hingis has NO plans to compete on WTA in 2014 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #31
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold
Re: BREAKING: Martina Hingis has NO plans to compete on WTA in 2014

Sad. She still had the hands,the vision and the court-craft,but the serve,as ever,was a huge liability.

I would have liked to see her keep trying,personally. Not everyone can come back like Clijsters.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 26th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #32
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly her serve was freaking horrible throghout the whole thing I don't know what happened, it used to be bad before but come on, it was way better than Errani's back in 2006/07, she could hit 110 mph / 175 kmh first serves and the second wasn't that bad, but now it's just plain awful, comparable to Shriver or Austin's current serves

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #33
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold

It was obviously a big jump from occasional legends exhibitions to actual WTA tournaments. She probably thought just playing doubles would be a breeze.
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #34
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of

This is a completely conflicting report with the interview that came out just couple of days ago, where Hingis says she will play in Adelaide, Hobart and Auckland.
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #35
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

If true, I'll see her as wussy. Sure it wasn't going great but if she'd fully committed, made the effort and given a full year - who knows. Plus . . . maybe choosing a different partner.
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #36
country flag rollingraces

rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Honestly her serve was freaking horrible throghout the whole thing I don't know what happened, it used to be bad before but come on, it was way better than Errani's back in 2006/07, she could hit 110 mph / 175 kmh first serves and the second wasn't that bad, but now it's just plain awful, comparable to Shriver or Austin's current serves
Well when you played only 18 months of serious singles tennis in the last 11 years, and you are a naturally early blooming player who peaked at 16-18, and now in your 30s, what would you expect?
rollingraces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #37
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serve2Win View Post
Hanutchova was not the one double-faulting on match point.
People seem to have forgotten that Daniela has a career slam in mixed doubles and is quite a formidable doubles player. Did anyone stop to consider that maybe the woman who has been inactive for years is the cause of the team's modest results?

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #38
country flag catcat33

catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all catcat33 is a name known to all

What? Just a few days ago she said she'll be playing Auckland, Hobart and Australian Open!!

Did she break up again??
catcat33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #39
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #40
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlboro View Post
People seem to have forgotten that Daniela has a career slam in mixed doubles and is quite a formidable doubles player. Did anyone stop to consider that maybe the woman who has been inactive for years is the cause of the team's modest results?
That's a harsh reality that most posters here just don't want to fact up to.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #41
country flag Pawcio765

Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute

Pawcio765 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #42
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

But there is never anything official about her competing in 2014?
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #43
country flag DollyRose
GOTHIC LOLITA

DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute DollyRose has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she should try to compete on the WTA Tour in 2014.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #44
country flag sam.jones

sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all sam.jones is a name known to all

as most of the doubles tour is over 30 she should be able to compete their. Obviously she has not the guts...

Fail to make a comeback straight back to the legends
sam.jones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #45
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.jones View Post
as most of the doubles tour is over 30 she should be able to compete their. Obviously she has not the guts...

Fail to make a comeback straight back to the legends
Or maybe, just maybe, she can't be bothered to give a fuck about it because she's already won 9 doubles Grand Slams including the Grand Slam in 1998, has been the number 1 doubles player, and has 37 WTA doubles titles.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote