Ana Konjuh - Page 315 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #4711
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
So she gets GS Finals + Top 5 Ranking + Normal Mandatory/GS Merited Increases
So she can play 20 tournaments?
As I understand it she can transfer them from year to year, but can't use more than 4 of them per year.

So if I'm not mistaken she had two for this year (finishing as a top 5 junior in 2012) which she didn't use so it's safe to assume she'll transfer them, and next year she'll get two for this year's junior slam finals, two for finishing 2013 as a top 5 junior and two for Slams/Mandatories assuming she enters them on her own ranking. Add to that the two she didn't use this year and we get to 8, four of which she can use in 2014 and transfer the other ones, if I understand everything correctly. In that case it would be a maximum of 16 tournaments next year.

In 2015 she'll be able to play 16 tournaments based on her age and any she transfers from 2014. If all of this is correct it means she can virtually play normal seasons starting with 2014.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #4712
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
As I understand it she can transfer them from year to year, but can't use more than 4 of them per year.

So if I'm not mistaken she had two for this year (finishing as a top 5 junior in 2012) which she didn't use so it's safe to assume she'll transfer them, and next year she'll get two for this year's junior slam finals, two for finishing 2013 as a top 5 junior and two for Slams/Mandatories assuming she enters them on her own ranking. Add to that the two she didn't use this year and we get to 8, four of which she can use in 2014 and transfer the other ones, if I understand everything correctly. In that case it would be a maximum of 16 tournaments next year.

In 2015 she'll be able to play 16 tournaments based on her age and any she transfers from 2014. If all of this is correct it means she can virtually play normal seasons starting with 2014.
How did Vekic get them then? She wasn't a good Junior
I was under the impression that you got Merited Increases if you were highly ranked enough: you didn't need to earn them these things were just extra tournaments.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #4713
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I assume those Donna used were the result of high ranking i.e. the ability to enter Slams/Mandatories on her own terms.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #4714
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I assume those Donna used were the result of high ranking i.e. the ability to enter Slams/Mandatories on her own terms.
Well then Ana would get them + the extra tournaments...

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #4715
country flag ma re

Quote:
Well then Ana would get them + the extra tournaments...
That's what I wrote two posts ago, if her ranking is high enough for at least qualies of a Slam or Mandatory, that tournament doesn't have to count for age eligability and she can do that with two events between her birthdays. Donna played 12 + 2 tournaments between her 16th and 17th birthday.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #4716
country flag chingching

Quote:
That's what I wrote two posts ago, if her ranking is high enough for at least qualies of a Slam or Mandatory, that tournament doesn't have to count for age eligability and she can do that with two events between her birthdays. Donna played 12 + 2 tournaments between her 16th and 17th birthday.
She actually played 4 as Miami and Madrid didn't count did they?

Why can't she use 4 events that she gets based on ranking and 2 events for GS Finals: Donna got 4 Events for ranking so why should Ana only get 2 when she has achieved extra...

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #4717
country flag ma re

Seems you're right, Donna used 4, for a total of 16 and after I checked the rules again it looks like 4 is the maximum a player can use between birthdays, regardless of where they originate from (junior rankings/junior slam finals/pro ranking). That seems to be the only logical explanation. And if you think of it, it makes sense. Otherwise top juniors would play 20 or more tournaments a year and the whole age eligability rule wouldn't be of much use to prevent burnout.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4718
country flag chingching

Quote:
Seems you're right, Donna used 4, for a total of 16 and after I checked the rules again it looks like 4 is the maximum a player can use between birthdays, regardless of where they originate from (junior rankings/junior slam finals/pro ranking). That seems to be the only logical explanation. And if you think of it, it makes sense. Otherwise top juniors would play 20 or more tournaments a year and the whole age eligability rule wouldn't be of much use to prevent burnout.
I am pretty sure it works like this: Ana because of her Slam Finals gets 2 extra tournaments. Because she gets the 2 extra, she only gets 2 merited increases bringing her tournament total to 16. Donna, because she did not have any from Juniors, got 4 Merited Increases, bringing her total to 1 as well. The only advantage of the Junior ones is that you can use them outside of PMs/GSs That's how I've interpreted it anyway

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #4719
country flag ma re

Quote:
I am pretty sure it works like this: Ana because of her Slam Finals gets 2 extra tournaments. Because she gets the 2 extra, she only gets 2 merited increases bringing her tournament total to 16. Donna, because she did not have any from Juniors, got 4 Merited Increases, bringing her total to 1 as well. The only advantage of the Junior ones is that you can use them outside of PMs/GSs That's how I've interpreted it anyway
Yeah, that sounds right. Anyway, Ana's b-day is in the off-season so at least it's easier to count how much she's played during her birthday year (doesn't span over two seasons as is the case with most players)
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4720
country flag Elphaba

Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice Elphaba is just really nice

Some recent photos of Ana in Dubrovnik and Rome.

Elphaba is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #4721
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Ana is playing Madrid 25k Dec 09 and possible Ankara 50k!
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM   #4722
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
Ana is playing Madrid 25k Dec 09 and possible Ankara 50k!
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #4723
country flag chingching

Cooties

Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #4724
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Still fighting for the AO Q draw
Old Nov 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM   #4725
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all ianchohr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Great news. Still fighting for the AO Q draw
She is safe for there, winning Junior AO gives her automaticly WC for q
Closed Thread