The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 194 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2896
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I would say that her best match-ups are definitely players with an agressive mindset, but far too underpowered to hit through her (Beck, Svitolina, Cadantu, Babos, Kirilenko, Peng...)
All her matches against Kerber as well are pretty open.
Besides Beck & Cadantu she can go down to any other of those girls you mentioned. As for Kerber.... Monica hasn't beaten Kerber since 2008, when Kerber was ranked like 150 and Monica top 50 I admit she manages to take one set almost everytime they play, but that's not at all pretty open

The shitty second half of 2013 continues. She should call it a season already, it becomes more and more obvious that she's tired
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2897
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Of course she can, but those are players against which her game should work best.

It's also pretty effective against bashers having an off-day, but I get the feeling that 50% of their game is enough to dispatch her easily right now. She was basically flopping against Parmentier's forehand yesterday and if you whole game is not enough to beat a player who can only trouble you from one wing, something is terribly wrong.

Apart from that her choking yesterday was just too much to deal with.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #2898
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nantes 50k+H

(1)Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Nastassja Burnett (ITA)
Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA) v Amandine Hesse (FRA)
Myrtille Georges (FRA) v Paula Cristina Goncalves (BRA)
(5)Nadiya Kichenok (UKR) v Viktorija Golubic (SUI)
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #2899

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Top seed Niculescu is out of Nantes. (10)Dulgheru takes her place in the draw.

Wise decision, a mon avis.
Old Oct 30th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #2900
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures from last week

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #2901

OMG, spiceboy, those are indeed two magnificent photos of Monica!

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM   #2902
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light

I second Belle's thank you's. Those are awesome action shots.
ioana_sk8r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #2903
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica will start her 2014 mission in Shenzhen again.

She has SF points to defend there, but won't be seeded as for now. It's the poorest entry list by far compared to the other 1st week events, but with Li and Errani, there are still 2 Top 10 players she could already face in R1.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2904
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Go Monica.

WTA Fan favorite awards :

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...avorite-awards

You can vote for Monica by ticking Other and type Monica Niculescu in the box at Fan Favorite Singles Player

You can also vote for her in the :

Favorite Match of the Year or even Fan Favorite Doubles Team of the Year and then , at the bottom , click on Thanks for voting !

Cheers !

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #141 - W: Vero Beach '14; TT-d: #134 - RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S; Suicide: #56 - RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #80 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #79

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : Dec 18th, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #2905
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She should be able to vulture a QF with a decent draw.
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #2906
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

French interclubs (indoors)

Ana Vrljic (Grenoble) d. Monica Niculescu (TCMD) 36 64 75
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM   #2907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
French interclubs (indoors)

Ana Vrljic (Grenoble) d. Monica Niculescu (TCMD) 36 64 75
Oh, wow!
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2908
country flag Curcubeu

I don't want to imagine how this looked liked, to be honest.
Or more precisely, I exactly know how that looked like, but want to save my nerves.

It's still time for Oracle Jason, though, to revise his statement and release Monica from his jinxing powers.
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 08:35 PM   #2909
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

I can't control them
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 10:37 PM   #2910
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light ioana_sk8r is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I can't control them
The prophecies or their effect ?
ioana_sk8r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote