Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1681
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wolfe View Post
P.S. Does anyone know who the other three guys in the picture are, apart from Rob Hill? Are they trainers from the Saviano academy?
The middle aged man with the receding hair is the proprietor Nick Saviano.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1682
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
The middle aged man with the receding hair is the proprietor Nick Saviano.
I see. Thanks. Mike Dickson of the Daily Mail has shed some more light on the matter. He's claiming that Nick Saviano will be Laura's coach, or rather coaching consultant: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...ano-coach.html.

I thought he was to be Eugénie Bouchard's coach!
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1683
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Saviano Is going coach Genie Next season I think I doubt that going be Laura new coach unless Nick will be coaching both girls next season

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1684
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Lol that would be a serious bombshell. Can Nick seriously coach two girls with top 20 expectations next year and run his business in Florida at the same time?

He makes it sound like Nick will have a role for Laura like he had with Genie this year. He was only with her for 3 or 4 tournaments, but she trained at SHPT and I think he set the direction for her training even though Tauziat and Tennis Canada coaches were the ones who traveled with her.

By the way, the final man on the far left is ID'ed

Mark Wellington (@MarkWellington6)
Director of KMG Africa & Trust.
The science of performance and elite tennis training. Trainer of @laurarobson5, Sharapova, Azarenka, Malisse, Verkerk & more.

So the photo is:

Wellington, Saviano, Robson, Witten, Hill

Last edited by Tampering : Nov 20th, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #1685
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

so laura's new coach will be Jesse Witten?work as new coach and hitting partner?thats not sounds good at all,especially we expected thomas,sven,michael joyce,even sears would be the one.but now it turns out her new coach is an unknown ex atp player,who is 31yo...
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1686
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse will just be an assistant coach and hitting partner at events Nick can't make it too

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #1687
country flag Tampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Jesse will just be an assistant coach and hitting partner at events Nick can't make it too
Read the article again, it says Nick won't be travelling much with her.

This could be a big mess. It worked for Genie but she and Laura are different people, and she had Tauziat to work with most of the time.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #1688
country flag Trey

Yeah I see that now So I guessing He be only really coaching Laura when she in Florida & when Nick is Traveling with Genie & when her and Genie at the same event I think Laura need too rethink this I mean I know her & Genie good friend but I don't think this going work out well, As much as I like for her too work with Nick Saviano maybe she need too find an Full time coach & just Train with Nick Saviano when she visit Florida

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #1689
country flag LeatherRatson

LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of LeatherRatson has much to be proud of

If they are sharing a coach..becoming doubles partners would be very convenient...
LeatherRatson is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #1690
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all james_von05 is a name known to all

I think this is quite good experiment... I just don't want her to commit to anyone if she is not 100% sure... now that she's getting reputation as nobody last with her... and Laura need to find her game herself anyway and no coach could do it for her.
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #1691
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Well I guess Nick will be deciding on the direction of her training and advising her and Witten will be the one trying to implement that on a day to day basis. You would have thought though that Nick's focus would be slightly more on Genie as he will actually be with her at some tournaments. Wonder if Laura was attracted to the idea of having the same base as Genie, though that could be too shallow a view.

I've given up trying to figure out if coaching relationships will work before they start , just because you have the most famous coach in the world doesn't mean it will work for you and visa versa. So I guess let's just see where this one leads us and hope...I have my concerns though. We all thought Laura needed someone to push her a bit more and not be her mate, is Witten really going to do that? (I know nothing about his personality) Looks like someone more in the Miles mould from first impressions.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1692
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I like this to be honest. Would rather she has a proper full-time coach. I feel like Laura is someone who needs direction.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1693
country flag Tampering

The more I think about it the more I'm worried about this arrangement.

What would happen if Laura gets off to a slow start and fails to defend her AO points while Genie moves along? Her 'coach' will go jetting back to North America with her best friend at the time of Fed Cup while she's left with her first time apprentice coach who was playing Futures and Challengers just a few months ago.

The UK media would eat her alive.

It could also be quite a strain on their friendship if one of them does well and the other struggles. I hope it works for both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Not sure I like this to be honest. Would rather she has a proper full-time coach. I feel like Laura is someone who needs direction.
Yes that's what I meant when I said this type of setup worked for Genie up to now but Laura is not Genie. Maybe being around Genie will help her.
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1694
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Genie just said on the radio that Saviano will only be coaching her on the road.

It doesn't sound good for Laura. You don't need a big coach but she deserves better that Witten

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1695
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampering View Post
The more I think about it the more I'm worried about this arrangement.

What would happen if Laura gets off to a slow start and fails to defend her AO points while Genie moves along? Her 'coach' will go jetting back to North America with her best friend at the time of Fed Cup while she's left with her first time apprentice coach who was playing Futures and Challengers just a few months ago.

The UK media would eat her alive.

It could also be quite a strain on their friendship if one of them does well and the other struggles. I hope it works for both of them.
You're so negative.

Laura seems happy from what I can tell so far anyway.

*Saviano did coach Laura briefly at 14.