Genie wins newcomer of the year award - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #16
country flag Tracer

Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold
Re: Genie is one of the nominee for newcomer of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
It is official, they will announce it on Wednesday.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Congratulations to Genie!

A bit early but I have every confidence that she will win it.
Tracer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #17
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
Congratulations to Genie!

A bit early but I have every confidence that she will win it.
I do think that with all the attention she's been getting from the WTA and the media in general that she's gonna get it. I mean the WTA website did make an article about her being on Canadian tv lol I've rarely seen a most random reason to make an article about a player lol Last time they did something similar was for Sharapova or Azarenka can't remember being on one of those big late night show in America.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #18
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Genie wins!

http://t.co/IKQlxrhVwf
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #19
country flag Guest12315544
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute Guest12315544 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Genie I just thought they were never going to get around to announcing it!
Guest12315544 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #20
country flag MalKING.
Powerhouse

MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold MalKING. is a splendid one to behold

It's official.

Quote:
WESTMOUNT, Canada - Sometimes the transition from the juniors to the pros is a difficult one - the raw talent is apparent, they just need some time to develop the complete package. But when it comes to this year's WTA Newcomer Of The Year, it didn't take long for the genie to come out of the bottle.

Eugenie Bouchard - or Genie Bouchard, as she likes to be called - burst into the international spotlight last year with her victory in the Wimbledon juniors, becoming the first Canadian, male or female, ever to win a Grand Slam title in singles. She reached her first WTA quarterfinal a few weeks later at the International event in Washington DC and eventually wrapped up the 2012 season ranked No.144.

For some players, a good follow-up season might be getting into the main draws of Grand Slams, making the Top 100, just improving in general. But Bouchard has done more - a lot more, in fact.

Bouchard reached the quarterfinals or better five times during the 2013 season - the quarterfinals of Premier-level events in Charleston and Tokyo, the semifinals of Strasbourg and Québec City and her first WTA final at Osaka. She scored her first two Top 10 wins - Sam Stosur and Jelena Jankovic. And she had some near-Top 10 wins as well, Ana Ivanovic at Wimbledon and Sloane Stephens in Tokyo.

The Canadian kept climbing the rankings throughout the year, breaking the Top 100 after Charleston and the Top 50 after Québec City, and after that maiden WTA final in Osaka she hit No.32 in the world, where she would eventually end the year - not just Canada's No.1, but the No.1 teenager in the world.

That rapid ascension - as well as her lethal combination of power, athleticism, nerves of steel and a penchant for taking the ball early - earns her this year's WTA Award for Newcomer Of The Year.

So what does the Newcomer Of The Year think about her rise, pressure and everything in between?

"I put enough pressure on myself, and that's really the only kind of pressure I want to focus on," she said during an interview on Canadian TV last week. "I can't really control other players' results and my ranking so much, so I just want to focus on improving and playing the best I can in every tournament.

"If there's pressure, that's great - I love playing in big moments, and in pressure moments."

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl....GD9pn3qo.dpuf
MalKING. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #21
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyRose View Post
Yeah Genie I just thought they were never going to get around to announcing it!
I told you it was toda
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #22
country flag GenieFan

GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice GenieFan is just really nice
Re: Genie wins newcomer of the year award

@bradyfan590:
"Over the moon to have @geniebouchard on #BradyandWalker this AM after her breakout 2013 WTA season -- after 820am this morning!"
GenieFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #23
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!

Completely deserved!
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #24
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

Great honor for Genie. Ends the season on a great note. She'll be pumped for 2014 for sure.

Eugenie Bouchard complete matches Here
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #25
country flag Tracer

Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold Tracer is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Genie! To you and hopefully to a better year to come.
Tracer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #26
country flag Julian.
La reine de la terre battue.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved!

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 04:50 AM   #27
country flag Julian.
La reine de la terre battue.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Canada's Prime Minister congratulated her via twitter!

Stephen Harper ‏@pmharper
Congratulations to @GenieBouchard for being named the 2013 @WTA Newcomer of the Year.

Eugenie Bouchard ‏@geniebouchard
Thank you Mr. Prime Minister RT @pmharper: Congratulations to @GenieBouchard for being named the 2013 @WTA Newcomer of the Year.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM   #28
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Genie! Really fully deserved award for her!

Interesting fact, 10 years ago in 2003 Maria Sharapova won Newcome of the year ranked #32! The following year, Sharapova won wimbledon and ended #4....you see what I'm hoping here!!!

Old Nov 21st, 2013, 03:09 PM   #29
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Interesting fact, 10 years ago in 2003 Maria Sharapova won Newcome of the year ranked #32! The following year, Sharapova won wimbledon and ended #4....you see what I'm hoping here!!!
Check the "WTA stats corner" post in the articles thread. Many past Newcomers of the Year go on to win Grand Slams.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM   #30
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Check the "WTA stats corner" post in the articles thread. Many past Newcomers of the Year go on to win Grand Slams.
I pointed that stat out mostly because Sharapova is Genie's "idol", that she's the face of Sharapova's minions now, that they both ended 32nd in the world when they won the NCA, they both had early success on grass and it was 10 years ago. Those stats for NCA are pretty impressive tho, loads of them have went up the ranking after winning that award...hopefully Genie will follow that trend