Sloane search for new coach - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 13th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #16
country flag heekerena

heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice heekerena is just really nice
Re: Sloane search for new coach

good news for her
heekerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #17
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

No updates yet on the coaching front I take it?
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #18
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

No None yet it said by Matt Cronin that something would have been said by an week but still no news as of yet

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #19
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane Hires coach Paul Annacone on trial basis

Quote:
Paul Annacone, the former coach of Roger Federer and Pete Sampras, is now coaching Sloane Stephens on a trial basis, TENNIS.com has learned.

Annacone recently split with Federer and stated at the time he had not decided what he would do in the future. But the American has been working with Stephens for a few hours a day in Los Angeles, where they both reside.

Annacone coached Federer to his last Grand Slam title at Wimbledon in 2012, coached Sampras to numerous Grand Slam titles, and headed player development at both the USTA and LTA. He also coached Tim Henman for a stint, but has never overseen a top women’s player as private coach.

The two will work together at least until Stephens leaves for the Australian Open toward the end of December to compete in the Hopman Cup. She will play Sydney the following week and then head to Melbourne to try and defend semifinal points from the 2013 tournament.

This year, Stephens worked with USTA coach David Nainkin, who coached her to the second week of every Grand Slam and to a Top 15 ranking. She is currently ranked No. 12 and is the youngest player in the Top 30. Sources say that while Stephens enjoyed working with Nainkin, she did not want to ask the USTA to allow him to exclusively coach her, as he also works with fellow American Sam Querrey.

Stephens also recently hired Mardy Fish’s personal fitness trainer, Christian LoCascio.

Last edited by Trey : Dec 29th, 2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #20
country flag Trey

Good Move IMO I hoping she Hire Paul Full time after the trial basis

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #21
jkelley94

jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all

Really REALLY like this move. Shows to me that she is really motivated to take that next step (which, LBR, means consistently starting to dominate lesser opponents and regularly reach the last 4 of tournaments big and small). Thing is, has Annacone coached a two-handed backhand? That's where Sloane could probably use the most help (in addition to playing more consistently aggressively). Will be curious to see how this all shakes out!
jkelley94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #22
country flag Trey

I think it going be okay even through he never coach an two-handed backhand I just hoping she hire him Full time after this trial

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #23
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I love the sound of this obviously, you can't really get a coach of much higher calibre than Annacone so it looks great on paper at least. I really hope their partnership works out but yeah it looks like nothing is concrete at the moment.
Great news though
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 07:41 PM   #24
country flag rollingraces

rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all rollingraces is a name known to all

Wasn't her coach last year David Nankin. I liked seeing his courtside talks with her during matches. He seemed calm and positive. I guess she needs someone with more experience though maybe.
rollingraces is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #25
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Sloane definitely hit a home run here. Hopefully, as many have said here, she takes him on full time.

The future of the WTA
SLOANE STEPHENS MADISON KEYS MONICA PUIG ELINA SVITOLINA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #26
country flag Trey

@TennisReporters
Quote:
Apparently Sloane going 2 be coached by her 'hitting partner' Britain's Andrew Fitzpatrick at Aussie Open. He worked with Annacone

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 07:41 PM   #27
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane has hired Paul Annacone

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...coach/4292285/
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:18 PM   #28
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post
Finally some official news I'm anxious to see how this partnership develops. Hopefully Paul is just what Sloane needs to take her game to the next level. All the best in 2014
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:40 PM   #29
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post
So happy to hear she hire him hopefully he help her alot this year