Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #1666
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Sven still the front runner in most people's eyes? Only 48 days until Auckland starts....totally didn't just count that.
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1667
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

she watched 4eps soap operas in a row,i still have the feeling that she wants to enjoy life,hang out,ballalalaba,rather than training...and the real business.
im worrying that maybe lazyness is the biggest problem of in her tennis career.
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #1668
country flag AshBolt

AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of AshBolt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
She did post a picture this morning of her training in the national tennis center. I don't think she's as lazy as people make out...
AshBolt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #1669
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah these things look brutal. Won't catch me doing one

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1670

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloy4dAustin View Post
she watched 4eps soap operas in a row,i still have the feeling that she wants to enjoy life,hang out,ballalalaba,rather than training...and the real business.
Who know's? We have no idea what her schedule is apart from the occasional tweets or pics, so we can't conclude anything from that.

^^ I would die...it wouldn't be pretty

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Nov 11th, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1671
country flag James Wolfe

James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of

Laura began her off-season training at the National Tennis Centre a week ago, according to her post on Facebook. She isn't lazy by any stretch of the imagination. She wrote an article for the Daily Telegraph before Wimbledon about her typical training regime: Sunday is her only day off. Every other day is a full day of training, save for a half-day on Wednesday. (The article may have been posted before but it's worth a look: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...male-No-1.html)

I am slightly surprised, though, that she doesn't have a coach in place as yet. She seems to be only working with her fitness trainer at the moment - she's posted some blurry pictures he took of her on the practice court and in the gym. I assume this is the same Croatian guy that she's retained from her Krajan days. I was certain when the news emerged three weeks ago that Sven Gröneveld had resigned from the Adidas program that a deal had been done. It couldn't be a coincidence that he'd conveniently become available and I expected an announcement at any moment: after all, he's the coach who 'discovered' her at age 11! Now I'm feeling less sure about it. Why the delay?

Last edited by James Wolfe : Nov 11th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
James Wolfe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1672
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Hadn't seen that before, nice article

Didn't realise she'd moved out of her parent's home, actually.
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #1673
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@laurarobson5 1m
Florida bound. Flight delayed. Bored.
Hmmm interesing. Heading to Florida. Thoughts? Coach soon to be announced?
Old Nov 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1674

Yeah noticed that. Wonder if she's going to IMG to train.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1675
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

still no news about new coach?about 40days before new season…
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #1676

She posted a pic on fb of her training at Nick Saviano's and she appeared to have one of the LTA physio guys with her, not sure if that's an indication that her previous croatian guy's job has finished. Or if he's just not there for some reason?
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1677
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
She posted a pic on fb of her training at Nick Saviano's and she appeared to have one of the LTA physio guys with her, not sure if that's an indication that her previous croatian guy's job has finished. Or if he's just not there for some reason?
will be interesting to find out. BFF Genie is due to join her at the Saviano's academy soon.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1678
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else saw the pic on FB? (Physio team)

Laura legs look a lot slimmer. They were a bit more thicker, now more toned. She looks great, nothing of concern. Was just mentioning.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1679
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Anyone else saw the pic on FB? (Physio team)

Laura legs look a lot slimmer. They were a bit more thicker, now more toned. She looks great, nothing of concern. Was just mentioning.
Yes, last 2 posts
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #1680
country flag James Wolfe

James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of James Wolfe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post
Laura's Croation fitness coach was Dejan Vojnovic. He became briefly infamous during Wimbledon for taking a vacation during the 2nd week and missing her 4th round match with Kaia Kanepi. It was unprofessional to say the least: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...ess-coach.html If she's now ditched him it's probably a good thing. I'm not sure if the training program he designed for her was beneficial. It was noticeable that she developed a lot of muscle this season, especially in the legs, but at the expense of good movement. She's looked sluggish and her agility and footwork has deteriorated markedly compared to last year's US Open (when she'd been working with Jez Greene). It's good to hear Royals' opinion that Laura's already leaner and more toned after just a couple of weeks of fitness work. That's surely a step in the right direction. It sounds from Laura's Facebook and Twitter posts that she's really pushing herself hard.

P.S. Does anyone know who the other three guys in the picture are, apart from Rob Hill? Are they trainers from the Saviano academy?
James Wolfe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote