The Sofa: for off topic chat. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 13th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #31
country flag jay holter

jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of jay holter has much to be proud of
Re: The Sofa: for off topic chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBolt View Post
I feel really optimistic about 2014.. She's basically in the exact same position she was at the start of 2013, which can be put down as a year of learning and now she can get down to business.
Let's hope so!
jay holter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #32
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Why, why, why is Laura about the only player never seen in a bikini? Just been flicking through the thread in GM and getting jealous of basically every other player being there. Needs correcting.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #33
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Why, why, why is Laura about the only player never seen in a bikini? Just been flicking through the thread in GM and getting jealous of basically every other player being there. Needs correcting.
The Slut Slayer doesn't wear bikinis!

PS - Some said on twitter that Laura moved in with Jamie Hampton.

I know they watched a movie together... but thought that was it.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #34
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
She's English, there's not many chances to be photographed in a bikini here. Either she's training, the weather's not good enough to even consider wearing a bikini (unless you're someone like me who doesn't feel the cold) or she's somewhere else in the world where there's more famous people for the paparazzi to stalk photograph. Also, Laura strikes me as someone who's very good at controlling her image. Right now she's being depicted as the hard working (one day off a week), innocent (never had a boyfriend) teenage princess. Bikinis don't fit that image. Or to put it another way, when Miley Cyrus was on the Disney Channel, she wasn't twerking with Robin Thicke. Same logic applies here.

Also, what are you jealous of? Do we really need more posters/idiots (why am I pretending there's even a difference*?) drooling over her and only watching her matches because of her looks? *He says to the PhD student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royals. View Post

It could be that they're sharing a house temporarily while Laura's in Florida. Gotta be an improvement on a lonely hotel room after a long, hard day. But then, being punched in the face would be a step up in my books.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #35

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:

Haha I saw that, no they're not moving in together, it was just a misinterpretation of the movie date tweet. Someone else saw it and misread it as 'moving in date' so Jamie jokingly replied that Laura hadn't mentioned this to her and Laura jokingly replied that she'd better tell her mum she was ditching her for Jamie Which is interesting in that it tells us that Laura's mum is presumably over in florida with her atm. Coach hunting perhaps?
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
She's English, there's not many chances to be photographed in a bikini here. Either she's training, the weather's not good enough to even consider wearing a bikini (unless you're someone like me who doesn't feel the cold) or she's somewhere else in the world where there's more famous people for the paparazzi to stalk photograph. Also, Laura strikes me as someone who's very good at controlling her image. Right now she's being depicted as the hard working (one day off a week), innocent (never had a boyfriend) teenage princess. Bikinis don't fit that image. Or to put it another way, when Miley Cyrus was on the Disney Channel, she wasn't twerking with Robin Thicke. Same logic applies here.

Also, what are you jealous of? Do we really need more posters/idiots (why am I pretending there's even a difference*?) drooling over her and only watching her matches because of her looks? *He says to the PhD student.
Oh I get why there aren't any, I was just moaning about it Most pics don't come from the paparazzi (apart from the top few players), instead players post their own pics online. Laura definitely has a pretty well controlled 'good girl' image and wouldn't post those kind of pics herself. I'm not saying that isn't a good idea, once you go down that line you can open a whole new can of worms that you may regret. I was just commenting from a purely selfish point of view that I would be quite interested in seeing some of those pics Madison, Puig, Sloane, Donna and Genie have all made appearances and IMO Laura's hotter than all of them (though many may disagree with that )

Oh and if you want a good laugh (or something to put you off your lunch) this was linked to on a Murray forum the other day, I cringed so hard I think I'm still cringing now, god fanfics are awful

http://archiveofourown.org/works/937578

Last edited by Play_Suspended : Nov 17th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Play_Suspended is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #37
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Bikini? Close enough... I guess. She's wearing one underneath I think?

Play suspended - I stopped reading that fanfic half way through, ergh so cringe.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #38
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Laura's never been pictured in a bikini and i've never seen her in a skimpy outfit either. KeysisGoat is probably right about it being an image thing but doesn't she wear a crucifix around her neck? Could be something to do so with her religous beliefs and upbringing, unless of course it's just a fashionable piece of jewellery.
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #39
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh I get why there aren't any, I was just moaning about it Most pics don't come from the paparazzi (apart from the top few players), instead players post their own pics online. Laura definitely has a pretty well controlled 'good girl' image and wouldn't post those kind of pics herself. I'm not saying that isn't a good idea, once you go down that line you can open a whole new can of worms that you may regret. I was just commenting from a purely selfish point of view that I would be quite interested in seeing some of those pics Madison, Puig, Sloane, Donna and Genie have all made appearances and IMO Laura's hotter than all of them (though many may disagree with that )

Oh and if you want a good laugh (or something to put you off your lunch) this was linked to on a Murray forum the other day, I cringed so hard I think I'm still cringing now, god fanfics are awful

http://archiveofourown.org/works/937578
I don't disagree about her looks. Most fanfics are bad, but harmless (and besides, it's a creative outlet for people who want to write. Let them write crap they'll be ashamed of in a few years). Since this involves real people rather than characters it's probably less gloriously bad, and more creepy. I'm going in...

Quote:
Bikini? Close enough... I guess. She's wearing one underneath I think?

She's wearing a bikini top... underneath a t-shirt and shorts. It counts though, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggoTHEgoat View Post
Laura's never been pictured in a bikini and i've never seen her in a skimpy outfit either. KeysisGoat is probably right about it being an image thing but doesn't she wear a crucifix around her neck? Could be something to do so with her religous beliefs and upbringing, unless of course it's just a fashionable piece of jewellery.
It could very well be a religious thing. I don't know enough about Laura's beliefs to comment.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #40
country flag Tampering

Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute Tampering has a reputation beyond repute

Fan-fic of tennis players? Secretly browses the tag.

Yep. Roger slash Rafa... Rule 34.
Tampering is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #41
country flag Gruftgesänge

Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of Gruftgesänge has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggoTHEgoat View Post
Anyone here get in on the Twiter Q&A she did today?
I actually asked: 'How do you have such perfect teeth?'
Her reply: 'I had a proper shark mouth when I was younger. Spent a lot of time at my dentist.'
Ah, so that was the question you asked. I was soooo hoping you were the one who asked Laura if she'd prefer a "hundred duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck".
Gruftgesänge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #42
country flag KeysisGOAT

Hmmm I suspect 1 horse sized duck would shit less, but since it would in fact coat an entire car, never mind anything else. So I think I'd rather have the duck sized horses.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysisGOAT View Post
Hmmm I suspect 1 horse sized duck would shit less, but since it would in fact coat an entire car, never mind anything else. So I think I'd rather have the duck sized horses.
I do believe that's also the option Laura chose. So your in good company.
Old Nov 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #44
country flag boggoTHEgoat

boggoTHEgoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe it or not that fanfic is the tip of the ice berg. Here's another fanfic disguised as sports journalism from The Guardian newspaper (warning: involves horses, English country mansions and love triangles)

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...en-jane-austen

Also back in 2010 I used to browse a forum called 'Murray's World' and there was a topic about Andy and Laura at the 2010 Hopman Cup with over 100 replies full of juicy gossip and speculation like if she was the reason he split with Kim and what Andy got Laura for her birthday , even Caro Woz got involved:

http://www.murraysworld.com/columns/article/15209/
boggoTHEgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #45

Wow Bally just retired....