Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Bacsinszky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a bar

She tells how in 2011 she had a foot fracture which made her stop for almost a year and after coming back in 2012 she wasn't feeling happy and at the end of the year started working in a 5* hotel in a ski resort behind the bar, not telling her colleagues she was once a star in Switzerland who had earn +1M$ in her brief pro career.

This year she knew that after several last minute withdrawals she was accepted in the French Open Q draw and asked permission to her boss to go despite she hadn't touched a racket for over 2 months. She played in Paris with little fortune but 2 months later she won $50K Contrexeville.

She says how tennis has never been a passion in her life but loves competition and will try to get to where she once was. She reached the final in $25K Equeurdreville last week.

Last edited by spiceboy : Nov 16th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacszinsky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #3
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bacszinsky: "At 20 I was Top 50 and miserable" and how she was happy working in a

It's true she's not a good competitor... mentally weak.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #4
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

So shes basically...retired ?

But I know what she feels...And I totally understand her .

BUT one thing I wonder- HOW she spent ALL

Quote:
earn +1M$ in her brief pro career.
Maybe I rate by my lowly polish standard, by lowly polish bum, but in my book she should be stacked for life...
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't say that she worked in the bar for the money...
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #6
country flag Valanga
NEDERLAND

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

Did she spend all her prize money?

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #7
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
So shes basically...retired ?
Did you read why I wrote or just the thread title?

She's playing $75K+H Sharm El Sheikh next week.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #8
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
It doesn't say that she worked in the bar for the money...
Sure, maybe she just like to works in the bar...But majority of people I know working at the bar, or working elsewhere, if they had 500K $ (lets say its her net income of 1M), wouldnt work at the bar OR elsewhere...Seems strange...
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #9
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, prize money dosen't mean she has that money at her disposal. She has her expenses (coach, travel etc.) and pay taxes as well.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #10
country flag saint2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Dude, prize money dosen't mean she has that money at her disposal. She has her expenses (coach, travel etc.) and pay taxes as well.
So how much money goes directly into her pocket ?

500 K ?
250 k ?

Still seems pretty big. Shes not paying taxes in France after all...
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #11
country flag Valanga
NEDERLAND

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

Is Bacsinszky a Polish surname or a Hungarian surname?

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #12
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the $1M was gross, not net. She had to pay for travel, coaches, taxes, and even though top players get a lot of stuff comped she still had living expenses while on the tour. It's not like it was a sudden windfall out of nowhere. Even if she was smart and frugal there's no way she was able to bank the full amount.

She may also have just wanted to have done something to take her mind off her troubles.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #13
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Further proof that professional sport isn't for everyone. Tennis is a mercenary arena.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #14
country flag spiceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
Is Bacsinszky a Polish surname or a Hungarian surname?
Hungarian. She is fluent in that language.
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag spiceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
So how much money goes directly into her pocket ?

500 K ?
250 k ?

Still seems pretty big. Shes not paying taxes in France after all...
I mean, she is 24. You cannot expect her to live +50 years (at least) with $500K in a country like Switzerland. Anyway, she just wanted to do normal things for a girl her age like working a bar for a while, nothing wrong about it.