2013 - 8/8 - Andi's 2013 - Season Review & Outlook - Winter Discussion Thread - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #31
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Andi's 2013 - Season Review & Outlook - Winter Discussion Thread

Attempt to show her 2013 by the development of the win/loss ratio:

KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #32
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

And the same with "quality points":

A win gets you 100 points + 1-100 points for the ranking of your opponent
A loss loses you 100 points + 1-100 points for the ranking of your opponent

Examples:

Win vs. #100 = +101
Win vs. #40 = +160
Loss vs. #240 = -200
Loss vs. #1 = -101

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #33
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she has a year of full fitness this year. Its been too long since she last played a full year. She can get some momentum really going with a year of full health.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #34
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has disabled reputation

i hope she gonna have a good offseason, and that she put less pressure on herself and is a bit more relaxed on court again
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #35
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea nominated for comeback player of the year.
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #36
country flag Lucky_Loser

Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice Lucky_Loser is just really nice

Would be great if Andy could win this one, but I think Flavia will take it having reached the Semis of a Grand Slam for the first time in her career.
Lucky_Loser is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #37
country flag KatjaS

The WTA has already decided. The full-size pictures of all the nominees this week have been of the likely winner, Genie as newcomer and Halep as "most improved".
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #38
country flag ozza

Cynic . The WTA aren't very subtle.

I think there is a chance Kleybanova could get it though.
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #39
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

those awards are not that important
itīs nice she got nominated
but lets face it

Pennetta is a one tournament in her comeback - she sucked before and after the USO run
Petko - itīs nice that she is back to the top50, but itīs not such a huge comeback, itīs nice but not EPIC
Kleybanova - itīs nice to see her back and that she won the fight against cancer, but itīs not that she is already back top30, her comeback is more emotional then a sporty comeback

just my opinion on it
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #40
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=623233

donīt miss to vote in that poll
Petko reached top10
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #41
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
those awards are not that important
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
donīt miss to vote in that poll
Old Nov 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #42
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i want to beat her Trashbine
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #43
country flag ozza

Andrea made it into the main draw of Brisbane comfortably.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #44
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Andrea made it into the main draw of Brisbane comfortably.

Very top-heavy field. I guess signing the world #1, #2 and #4 scares away many players.
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #45
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post

Very top-heavy field. I guess signing the world #1, #2 and #4 scares away many players.
Especially with the new ranking system. It's not really worth going to a strong premier just to win a match or two if your ranked around 20 in the world.

On this, is wikipedia right? Wikipedia says the points haven't decreased for internationals at all, and only premiers. If so, makes it even more obvious why this would happen.